2022 Coaching Carousel Begins… | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2022 Coaching Carousel Begins…

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The media covering for Trev Alberts making an absolutely idiotic decision to not wait until after the Indiana game to save $7.5 million.

You don't think he simply went to a list of known donors and asked for the cash, in the hopes of getting top candidate first? This was probably hours of work, no more.

Reaction Score
They were being decent to Frost by giving him the extra money. They can afford it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
When you are getting 100million a year from Fox....what's another 7.5 million?

How many need-based scholarships for students could have been funded with Trev Alberts’ temper tantrum?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They were being decent to Frost by giving him the extra money. They can afford it.

I bet every Nebraska student that has to drop out because they can’t afford college appreciates this sentiment.

Reaction Score
The media covering for Trev Alberts making an absolutely idiotic decision to not wait until after the Indiana game to save $7.5 million.
You don't think he simply went to a list of known donors and asked for the cash, in the hopes of getting top candidate first? This was probably hours of work, no more.
More likely the donors marched into his office Saturday night and handed him the checks to get it done.

Reaction Score
I bet every Nebraska student that has to drop out because they can’t afford college appreciates this sentiment.
Frost is a legacy. If it were someone else maybe they do the logical and wait til after 10/1

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Frost recruited McKenzie Milton when he was hired by UCF and he became the starter during the 2016 season. On the 2017 team, he recruited the QB, top 3 rushers (includes Milton), and some of the top receivers.

Personally, I think Frost had better athletes at UCF than he had at Nebraska even though the recruiting rankings are higher at Nebraska. Since 2018, UCF has had 12 NFL draft picks (10 non-linemen) and Nebraska has had 8 NFL draft picks (3 non-linemen). For whatever reason, he could not get it done at Nebraska, but most of his losses were close losses. He will be college head coach again, maybe at UCF as they tire of Gus Malzahn.
Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't remember when he first got hired there. I personally think Nebraska is actually a tougher job than UCF at this point in time - I think the ceiling for nebraska is 8-9 wins - regardless of who the coach is, I don't see how they can compete with the big boys in the B1G

Reaction Score
I wanted Frost when we hired Diaco. He might not have come here as he was a hot assistant at Oregon at the time.

Nebraska never seemed like a good fit for Frost. I know it's his alma mater but they were no place for an offensive genius type.

Reaction Score
I wanted Frost when we hired Diaco. He might not have come here as he was a hot assistant at Oregon at the time.

Nebraska never seemed like a good fit for Frost. I know it's his alma mater but they were no place for an offensive genius type.
Dave Clawson.

Reaction Score
If there is a more absurd place to coach than Nebraska it's hard to think where it is. Osborne is gone and those days are never, ever, ever coming back to Nebraska. The next coach will also fail as will the next after that, because anything short of a NC is considered failure there........and Huskers are never going to win another NC.

....and the money paid these coaches is ridiculous! All that guaranteed money and they're essentially free agents to test the market as they please.

Reaction Score
I would love to be Urban Meyer‘s agent right now. Could you imagine the offers that are coming his way.

Reaction Score
Could see Frost going to Sabans staff as some offensive analyst takes coordinator job after Bill O’Brien leaves then leaves to coach an AAC team maybe he just goes back to UCF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom