2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Donarski is from Wisconsin so I can definitely see her in the B1G.

Reaction Score
Maybe she’ll go to Iowa, that would be a huge get for them
I can’t see it. She started at ISU and at Iowa she’d be a sub. But she is a Midwest girl and may not want to go too far away. If she were willing to move, Duke or UNC could really use a shooting guard who plays excellent D. In the B1G only IU really looks like a good fit for her, and Moren is a player friendly coach. One out of the box idea for her would be Stanford, who desperately needs someone like her. But I don’t know if Tara takes transfers.

Reaction Score
I can’t see it. She started at ISU and at Iowa she’d be a sub. But she is a Midwest girl and may not want to go too far away. If she were willing to move, Duke or UNC could really use a shooting guard who plays excellent D. In the B1G only IU really looks like a good fit for her, and Moren is a player friendly coach. One out of the box idea for her would be Stanford, who desperately needs someone like her. But I don’t know if Tara takes transfers.

Iowa is jam packed at that position for next season with Martin, Warnock Davis, and Marshall returning. Unless she's willing to use her COVID year, I don't see it either. Even if she did, I don't see it working. I disagree with Indiana being the only fit in the B1G. I could see Illinois benefiting from having a player like her on their roster.

Reaction Score
If Indiana picks up Donarski and she basically slots in the Grace Berger role and they're a Final Four Contender again with almost everyone else back.

Huge portal name.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Iowa is jam packed at that position for next season with Martin, Warnock Davis, and Marshall returning. Unless she's willing to use her COVID year, I don't see it either. Even if she did, I don't see it working. I disagree with Indiana being the only fit in the B1G. I could see Illinois benefiting from having a player like her on their roster.
Warnock’s not returning. Dental school instead.

Reaction Score
This makes it a total of 4 players in the portal for the program now. Two key players in Donarski and Kane. Two bench players in McGraw and Vick.

Feels like a full rebuild in Ames now after a disappointing season.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Warnock is going to dental school so she won't be back. Iowa has no scholarships available right now, unless someone hits the portal which I think at least 1 will.

Lexi's recruitment was over before it started too, she committed to Iowa State as an 8th grader. I think she'll take her time this time around.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well, what does Ms. Donarski want? She would've become option 1 or 1A at Iowa State next year, so it's obvious she thinks ISU has topped out and won't go further without Ms. Joens around. She's got two years, including Covid. And she's from Wisconsin. Some thoughts:

• Iowa's wings/guards all seem to have at least a covid year, so Lexi wouldn't be getting 1000+ minutes with the Hawkeyes...at least the first year.
  • IU, even with losing Berger, has a lot of guards, including Parrish and Scalia, transfers from last year.
  • Oklahoma is losing a number of shooters, but also have Verhulst there and ready to go.
  • A team that could use another guard is just east of Indiana: Ohio State, which returns it's great forwards, but loses Mikesell.
  • Don't know if Coach Tara/Stanford would take a transfer, but they've got Hannah Jump -- a darn good jump shooter -- returning. They need a PG on the Farm.
  • And she'd have to be part of rotation at Notre Dame, who have Citron and are bringing in a 6'1" super shooter in Emma Risch.

Will be really interested to see where she thinks the grass is greener.

Reaction Score
Well, what does Ms. Donarski want? She would've become option 1 or 1A at Iowa State next year, so it's obvious she thinks ISU has topped out and won't go further without Ms. Joens around. She's got two years, including Covid. And she's from Wisconsin. Some thoughts:

• Iowa's wings/guards all seem to have at least a covid year, so Lexi wouldn't be getting 1000+ minutes with the Hawkeyes...at least the first year.
  • IU, even with losing Berger, has a lot of guards, including Parrish and Scalia, transfers from last year.
  • Oklahoma is losing a number of shooters, but also have Verhulst there and ready to go.
  • A team that could use another guard is just east of Indiana: Ohio State, which returns it's great forwards, but loses Mikesell.
  • Don't know if Coach Tara/Stanford would take a transfer, but they've got Hannah Jump -- a darn good jump shooter -- returning. They need a PG on the Farm.
  • And she'd have to be part of rotation at Notre Dame, who have Citron and are bringing in a 6'1" super shooter in Emma Risch.

Will be really interested to see where she thinks the grass is greener.

Virginia Tech in some bizarro world where Kitley stays but King leaves could definitely use a wing like Donarski. I guess even if King stays Donarski could slide into the Traylor role. If Kitley and King both leave not sure they are relevant unless they get a lot more than just Donarski from the portal.

Reaction Score
Virginia Tech in some bizarro world where Kitley stays but King leaves could definitely use a wing like Donarski. I guess even if King stays Donarski could slide into the Traylor role. If Kitley and King both leave not sure they are relevant unless they get a lot more than just Donarski from the portal.
Amoore could leave as well since she’s international

Reaction Score
Amoore could leave as well since she’s international

And she's 21 I believe. Not sure if she will be getting her degree. I know she got to campus a semester early so possibly/probably. Lot of decisions there. She's basically 2nd family with the Kitley's now. She's leaving her dog with the Kitley's over the summer. My gut has me thinking Liz and Georgia will both stay for one more, they seem like they're both really trying to grow their collegiate brand there and Liz's sister has such a tight relationship with Coach Brooks and the team. But my gut has been wrong before.

Reaction Score
They’ll almost certainly put the full court press on Kiki Jefferson.

If Kitley leaves, and even if she stays, they’ll need to add some front court pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom