2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 36 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Remember when we had a LB crew of Lutrus, Lawrence, Sio Moore and Lloyd?

I don't know anything about Mr. Henderson, but if he wrestles at 195 he probably walks around at 210 and evidently he can run. Let's put 20 LBs of muscle on the kid and start building a LB unit...…...as opposed to whatever we've had the last several years...…...
I still would love to see Christopher Johnson at LB.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I still would love to see Christopher Johnson at LB.

Me too... at his size, it seems like a no brainer...

The development of Johnson his senior season will be interesting. Seems like the staff is leaning TE, but yeah that could change based on the senior tape. Johnson's situation skill wise remains me a bit of Jackson Mitchell going into his senior season.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Well... maybe this helps in building a stronger relationship over @ Danbury High School (former UConn Safety Marvin Taylor)

I graduated from Danbury High and it baffles me that the biggest HS in the State doesn't pump out more talented football players year in and year out. I'm friendly with the Principal and it seems there is a slew of talented kids who simply don't want to play. Too much of a commitment and they have a lot of other things they'd rather spend their time on. Maybe Marvin can start to change that! Coach Tieri is a great guy and Marvin is a huge grab by him.

Reaction Score
The development of Johnson his senior season will be interesting. Seems like the staff is leaning TE, but yeah that could change based on the senior tape. Johnson's situation skill wise remains me a bit of Jackson Mitchell going into his senior season.
rewatch his HUDL tape and tell me you don’t see Lawrence Wilson.

Reaction Score

Deshontez Gray is a 6-4 220lb LB/DL/TE from Pelion High School in Pelion South Carolina. Other offers from Army, Air Force, Charlotte, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Navy, MTSU, WKU and Wofford.

Highlights

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

But I think many recruits will be making day trips to see these campuses this summer since travel loosened up a bit a few weeks ago and most campuses have reopened or will in July.

Reaction Score
But I think many recruits will be making day trips to see these campuses this summer since travel loosened up a bit a few weeks ago and most campuses have reopened or will in July.

Sure... they can take a self-guided tour but cannot meet w/ athletic staff.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Sure... they can take a self-guided tour but cannot meet w/ athletic staff.
Obviously bud! No contact is no contact! But yeah guess you need to be crystal clear around here.

Reaction Score
Obviously bud! No contact is no contact! But yeah guess you need to be crystal clear around here.

Guess my point was more that there are no guided tours in play right now and athletic buildings (Burton/Shenkman, Gampel, etc...) would be theoretically inaccessible.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Guess my point was more that there are no guided tours in play right now and athletic buildings (Burton/Shenkman, Gampel, etc...) would be theoretically inaccessible.
Of course - but if I am committing to a school and have the summer off and have someone in my life that can take a day to do a car ride then we are doing it even if official tours are not offered. Not many will do it, but some will.

Reaction Score
Of course - but if I am committing to a school and have the summer off and have someone in my life that can take a day to do a car ride then we are doing it even if official tours are not offered. Not many will do it, but some will.

The bigger question is do they scuttle the Early Signing Day in December if the Dead Period continues into the fall.

Reaction Score

Deshontez Gray is a 6-4 220lb LB/DL/TE from Pelion High School in Pelion South Carolina. Other offers from Army, Air Force, Charlotte, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Navy, MTSU, WKU and Wofford.

Highlights

Love this kids tape!!
Can’t see him not getting multiple P5 offers.
Hope he stays under the radar though.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Love this kids tape!!
Can’t see him not getting multiple P5 offers.
Hope he stays under the radar though.
Country strong. In the second 1/2 of the tape you get to see is extra gear when he outruns others as a TE. That said, I see him as a DE or LB - but what do I know? I like the fact there is that extra gear for top end speed to go with all his evasiveness and country power at DE. I'd be curious to see if he can work as an OLB give his top end speed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Country strong. In the second 1/2 of the tape you get to see is extra gear when he outruns others as a TE. That said, I see him as a DE or LB - but what do I know. I like the fact there is that extra gear for top end speed to go with all is evasiveness and country power at DE.

He goes right to the top of the wish list for me along with Garner

Reaction Score
Country strong. In the second 1/2 of the tape you get to see is extra gear when he outruns others as a TE. That said, I see him as a DE or LB - but what do I know? I like the fact there is that extra gear for top end speed to go with all his evasiveness and country power at DE.
Relentless... that's what I see... alls he needs is a little more size (probably strength) at this level in the weightroom. He's an ideal fit for us... Ideal. a little shocked nobody's paying attention to him at this point... (hate that once we notice kids like these the big boys jump on the bandwagon and take us out... Hopefully we can start changing this trend).. a kid like this could be a leader on our D. He plays like one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom