2021 QB Recruit - Daron Bryden of Enfield CT | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021 QB Recruit - Daron Bryden of Enfield CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Someone show me a picture of him being a regular kid and maybe it will be easier for me to buy in.

Before you go... ;):D

020.jpg

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Meh... There are thousands and thousands of kids just like him and not just in football. Have you seen travel hockey and AAU baseball/basketball ? The biggest difference from times past is the plethora of camps/showcases and propensity to "brag" on social media platforms.

If he enjoys it... good for him. If he doesn't, it will sort itself out.

Thousands of kids attend 10 football camps? And as - what an 8th or 9th grader? I am sure thousands attend two or three camps, not sure about thousands attending 10 camps. I honestly dont know, just surprised if that is really true.

Reaction Score
Thousands of kids attend 10 football camps? And as - what an 8th or 9th grader? I am sure thousands attend two or three camps, not sure about thousands attending 10 camps. I honestly dont know, just surprised if that is really true.

I wasn't specifically referencing the exact number of camps he posted that he plans on attending when talking about the number of kids like him nationwide... it was the Todd M comment. If it's being forced, I would readily agree that it is not a good thing (and potentially destructive), but from afar, it appears he's enjoying the game/attention.

If his family has the wherewithal to cover the fees/travel for these one day/weekend camps I guess that's their decision to make. They have obviously made a big commitment (especially w/ the USA Football piece) but in watching recruiting and seeing the number of camps kids nationwide attend now-a-days, 2-3 a summer would be the low end even @ his age/potential talent level. It's a big money maker for coaches, schools, training/performance centers and the Nike/UnderArmour/FBU/USA Football/NUC's of the world.

I know I dropped more than I care to admit traveling the Northeast for baseball showcase/tournaments from early spring to late fall for close to 10 years for a kid who (we both knew) had no high end talent but who loved the game and team camaraderie. While the $$ are out the door (and no athletic scholarship in return;)), the memories and bond we formed will last forever.

In the end, he's a local kid that has gained national notoriety and will be interesting to see what happens in a few years.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wasn't specifically referencing the exact number of camps he posted that he plans on attending when talking about the number of kids like him nationwide... it was the Todd M comment. If it's being forced, I would readily agree that it is not a good thing (and potentially destructive), but from afar, it appears he's enjoying the game/attention.

If his family has the wherewithal to cover the fees/travel for these one day/weekend camps I guess that's their decision to make. They have obviously made a big commitment (especially w/ the USA Football piece) but in watching recruiting and seeing the number of camps kids nationwide attend now-a-days, 2-3 a summer would be the low end even @ his age/potential talent level. It's a big money maker for coaches, schools, training/performance centers and the Nike/UnderArmour/FBU/USA Football/NUC's of the world.

I know I dropped more than I care to admit traveling the Northeast for baseball showcase/tournaments from early spring to late fall for close to 10 years for a kid who (we both knew) had no high end talent but who loved the game and team camaraderie. While the $$ are out the door (and no athletic scholarship in return;)), the memories and bond we formed will last forever.

In the end, he's a local kid that has gained national notoriety and will be interesting to see what happens in a few years.
I respect your insight - but I think there is an appreciable difference between 10 camps and 3 or 4 camps and there is also a big difference between doing your thing quietly and broadcasting your decisions on social media far and wide. I hope it works out in that the kid is enjoying it and can accept whatever the outcome maybe.

Reaction Score
...between doing your thing quietly and broadcasting your decisions on social media far and wide.
I do understand your perspective but if "they" didn't broadcast far and wide, there'd be nothing to follow now-a-days :D. The recruiting sites (and coaches) pick up their leads from social media more than anywhere else besides direct 1:1 w/ coaches these days. Basketball is just as bad.

Reaction Score
People like LaVar Ball realize how much money is to be made in entertainment. Parents over east raise their kids to aim for high end white collar professions. Daron's father will look smart if Daron succeed in life. I've actually been impressed at how much LaVar Ball cares for his family, despite how much a ego-maniacal big mouth he may be.

Reaction Score
I wish the kid well but I'm calling b.s. on this "recruiting" site. I hope Brandon has a huge growth spurt while at Bloomfield High and fulfills his dream of being a D1 QB. However, things don't exactly add up with this site. Maybe my math is wrong, but #446???? 6'5, 235 Class of 2027, seriously????

qb1.PNG

Reaction Score
I wish the kid well but I'm calling b.s. on this "recruiting" site. I hope Brandon has a huge growth spurt while at Bloomfield High and fulfills his dream of being a D1 QB. However, things don't exactly add up with this site. Maybe my math is wrong, but #446???? 6'5, 235 Class of 2027, seriously???? View attachment 24173

Class is a typo... he's Class of 2018. Profile on multiple sites.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I hate to drag this crap up, but this is borderline Sandusky stuff. 6th graders? really? And he was so good he moved up to compete vs 8th graders? Who cares?
I know Times have changed mucho in 55 years. I remember there was a basketball publication rating incoming hs frosh around the country and my school was getting a well regarded kid. We were already a good hoops school. That kid was a very average hs player who never started. Nonsense to follow kids that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom