2021 QB Recruit - Daron Bryden of Enfield CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 QB Recruit - Daron Bryden of Enfield CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The pressure being put on this kid will eventually do him in. He's 12!! He's not emotionally developed enough to handle it. Look at how many college age kids crumble under pressure. This is just setting the kid up to fail. And then what happens to him when he does fail. At least let him get into high school and see what he does. Shame on dad. I think he's living his dream on this one.

Reaction Score
He just made the ABC Evening news...they discussed the differences between Daron and LeBron James Jr...one set of parents is encouraging this behavior...the other..even though he is a world class athlete want nothing to do with it.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Daron's Dad says his toddler daughter wants to be an Olympic cyclist and he'll do anything to fulfill her dreams as well.

o-DAD-facebook.jpg

Reaction Score
A national under-14 US football team? Good grief...

I get the initial thought but heck - they have National/Select/USDT U-14 baseball, basketball, soccer, field hockey and hockey teams. Times change.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
I get the initial thought but heck - they have National/Select/USDT U-14 baseball, basketball, soccer, field hockey and hockey teams. Times change.

True, true. I just think something like this should be held off until freshman of high school at the very least. And that goes for the other sports as well.

Reaction Score
CT Native Daron in the news again...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/02/rivals_adds_two_sixth-graders.html

View attachment 8513

From the Boston NexGen write-up:

“As impressive at those performances were there were seven athletes that have had their profiles added to the Rivals.com recruiting database. Tyson Thornton and Daron Bryden will be the first 6th grade prospects the website will actively monitor. Thornton is a 5-foot-11, 167-pound running back with great explosiveness and surprisingly good body control for a kid his size and age. Bryden, a small quarterback with a big arm is incredibly composed and very polished — and he can make every throw. And with a father standing nearly 6-foot-7, he may soon have the body to match his arm. Both of these young players were so impressive they were moved up to compete against the eighth grade prospects.”

Come on....a sixth grader on the Rivals board? What's next, a kindergarten flag football player? i mean, Matt Martin, son of NASCAR great Mark Martin, was supposed to be the next great driver at 12, but after a while he got burned out by the time he was 16. I think this kid will be offered prep scholarships, at least the CIAC doesn't do what Florida does -- players transferring to another school because the school player is in is not nationally rank. Who cares if RHAM is not nationally ranked?

Reaction Score
I know how to ignore a poster. How do I prevent a whole thread from appearing in my feed? Every time I see it it makes me ill.
were you here for the Boeing Brown saga? This dad is like that. That poor kids dad used to call into radio stations and camps to interview pretending to be his kid. He somehow got his kid to a 3* QB rating when he wasn't cut out for HS football

Reaction Score
were you here for the Boeing Brown saga? This dad is like that. That poor kids dad used to call into radio stations and camps to interview pretending to be his kid. He somehow got his kid to a 3* QB rating when he wasn't cut out for HS football

Before my time. You need a license to drive a car but you don't need one to be a parent. smh.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Daron Bryden ‏@DaronQB 13h 13 hours ago
So proud of my #TeamHighlight tonight. We won 34-18. I had a great game and threw a TD pass. @A11StarsBowl

Note - @A11StarsBowl: "The best 8th grade football players will face off in Orlando, Florida on January 1, 2017."

Daron Bryden ‏@DaronQB 3h 3 hours ago
Thank you for the love. I will announce next month where I'm attending HS. #StayTuned Daron

Wonder which Prep he ends up @?
SYF Tigers - Daron Bryden highlights - Hudl
According to his Hudl page he already has chosen a HS in MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom