OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 38 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
538 had a great article about how they’ve changed what they did with holiday and it’s affecting the entire suns offense.

They’re letting booker get his and trying to keep everyone else in check.
Yeah Nelson just linked it. I'm pushing back against that as overblown and that the much more important factor is just missing open 3's on the road in games 3 and 4 and then just being outscored in game 5.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah Nelson just linked it. I'm pushing back against that as overblown and that the much more important factor is just missing open 3's on the road in games 3 and 4 and then just being outscored in game 5.

Everyone misses some open 3's. Phoenix was abusing the big/little switches (i.e. a center switching to a guard) in the first two games and Budenholzer finally started to mix up his coverages making that more difficult starting in game 3. The other adjustment was to get Giannis closer to the basket. Ayton is the only player that has a prayer of slowing Giannis down, but he will end up in foul trouble eventually so Phoenix has to double Giannis in the post, leaving someone open.

The Bucks' dumb shots are still a problem. Phoenix is taking tough shots because they have to. The Bucks are taking tough shots because they want to. They run way too many ISOs when they have the talent to just bury teams with ball movement.

The Bucks are the better team, but their terrible shot selection gives Phoenix a chance.

Reaction Score
Everyone misses some open 3's. Phoenix was abusing the big/little switches (i.e. a center switching to a guard)
Yeah, but Phoenix's order of returns has made people ascribe a narrative about big improvements to the Bucks D to those misses instead of just chalking them up to misses. Phoenix kept abusing the big/little switches with Booker instead of Paul, and also abused them ISO when they didn't switch.

The other adjustment was to get Giannis closer to the basket. Ayton is the only player that has a prayer of slowing Giannis down, but he will end up in foul trouble eventually so Phoenix has to double Giannis in the post, leaving someone open.

The Bucks' dumb shots are still a problem. Phoenix is taking tough shots because they have to. The Bucks are taking tough shots because they want to. They run way too many ISOs when they have the talent to just bury teams with ball movement.
Yeah I was only talking specifically about the Bucks defensive end.

Reaction Score
Maybe its injuries or something but CP3 doesn’t look right to me. That and the fact that Booker needs help on offense and ain’t getting any. I don’t see anyone on Phx that’s a dependable 3rd option whereas the Bucks have Holiday or a Portis to help out here & there. Much better supporting cast.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Maybe its injuries or something but CP3 doesn’t look right to me. That and the fact that Booker needs help on offense and ain’t getting any. I don’t see anyone on Phx that’s a dependable 3rd option whereas the Bucks have Holiday or a Portis to help out here & there. Much better supporting cast.

Father time is undefeated. 5-7 years ago, CP3 would be getting by Holiday a few more times a quarter. Now he can't get free.

Reaction Score
Thats great use of Giannis minutes right there putting him back in once CP3 and Booker are on the bench, with the Suns on the ropes taking it to them. Moment just seems to big for Booker and Ayton Im just go ahead and say Budenholzer isnt the worst playoff coach of all time.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Thats great use of Giannis minutes right there putting him back in once CP3 and Booker are on the bench, with the Suns on the ropes taking it to them. Moment just seems to big for Booker and Ayton Im just go ahead and say Budenholzer isnt the worst playoff coach of all time.

The Bucks should be up 20 points right now. They are taking terrible shots, and most of their points are coming from transition or put backs.

Reaction Score
The Bucks should be up 20 points right now. They are taking terrible shots, and most of their points are coming from transition or put backs.

I guess I spoke too soon lol.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am not typically a big Cam Payne fan, but he is playing out of his mind to get Phoenix any points.

The Bucks continue to piss away one possession after another.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This M. Night Shyalaman movie that ABC has been pummeling us with throughout the finals looks terrible.

Reaction Score
Bucks 5/27 outside the paint in the first half. Also 10 turnovers.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bucks 5/27 outside the paint in the first half. Also 10 turnovers.

34.9% overall from the field, in a large part because they are taking terrible shots.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You gotta question stuffing 65,000 people around an 18,000 seat arena. If it had to be evacuated, what’s the plan?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Giannis is trying to win this game by himself now. Given Budenholzer's terrible coaching, that is not a bad idea.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lopez would have amazing stats this series if he didn't take so many 3's.

Cam Johnson is not even on the court. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
Lopez would have amazing stats this series if he didn't take so many 3's.

Cam Johnson is not even on the court. I don't get it.
He'd have to play over Crowder or Bridges, both of whom do a lot of good things, especially on D (causing a lot of said Bucks tough shots in 1st half).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
He'd have to play over Crowder or Bridges, both of whom do a lot of good things, especially on D (causing a lot of said Bucks tough shots in 1st half).

Johnson is not a bad defender, is quicker than Crowder and is a scorer from 3 point range to the hoop. Phoenix also can't play Bridges and Crowder 40 minutes each. Mix it up a little, see who is hot that night.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Budenholzer is just a freaking awful big game coach. He should have sat Giannis around the 2 minute mark to get him fresh for the fourth quarter. Instead, a gassed Giannis is ineffective and is now exhausted.

There is still no coherent offense by the Bucks. Either they try a contested pull up or make a wild drive to the basket. There is no ball movement. Giannis is playing hero ball, and Lopez is cleaning up some bad shots on the boards. That is the offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom