OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 31 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
The NBA needs to rip up half the rule book this offseason. The way the game is officiated right now is taking away from the product.
You flip, you are out. Just simplify it, because it is freaking annoying. And somehow so much worse when they review a play and you know they saw the flop and still reward it.

Reaction Score
CP3 is off the list of greatest players to never play in an NBA Finals which is a pretty short list btw.

Reaction Score
CP3 is off the list of greatest players to never play in an NBA Finals which is a pretty short list btw.
Nash, Wilkins, English, Webber, David Thompson, Gervin, Gilmore, Maravich, Carmelo. Who am I missing?

There are a bunch of younger players who are excellent who we'll put on this list in a few years if things don't change.

Reaction Score
Nash, Wilkins, English, Webber, David Thompson, Gervin, Gilmore, Maravich, Carmelo. Who am I missing?

There are a bunch of younger players who are excellent who we'll put on this list in a few years if things don't change.

I guess Yao, Vince Carter, Tmac (made it never played), Amare Stoudemire, Giannis as of now. The greatest players to never win a championship have all made the Finals, basically everyone on an all NBA 1st team has made one, forgot the Joker also Tim Hardaway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Beverley's cheap shot in Paul's back as the game was ending is a great example of what the NBA game has morphed into in the modern era. I happened to be having dinner in a hotel bar watching the 3rd period of the hockey game and saw this flagrant foul playing on another screen. A blind shot like that? Really? IMO, the pro game has morphed into a complete farce.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Beverley's cheap shot in Paul's back as the game was ending is a great example of what the NBA game has morphed into in the modern era. I happened to be having dinner in a hotel bar watching the 3rd period of the hockey game and saw this flagrant foul playing on another screen. A blind shot like that? Really? IMO, the pro game has morphed into a complete farce.

If anything, the league nowadays has gone the complete opposite direction of what you're saying. I dno what you mean by this. The league used to have clotheslines and all out fist fights, now a normal basketball play where you accidentally touch a guy's face is a flagrant foul. I honestly have no idea what you mean by this, not being snarky.

The cheap shot was an embarrassment, but Pat Beverley is an embarrassment. He's always been a clown, he honestly isn't even that good of a defender, he's just an annoying punk. The rare guy everyone hates to play with and against.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
NBA players may want to rethink these jam packed schedules in the next collective bargaining agreements. Watching a pivotal game 5 of a conference final where both teams are missing two starters is a sign that maybe the players are getting pushed a little too hard.

Reaction Score
NBA players may want to rethink these jam packed schedules in the next collective bargaining agreements. Watching a pivotal game 5 of a conference final where both teams are missing two starters is a sign that maybe the players are getting pushed a little too hard.
Giannis’ brother is playing lol

Reaction Score
I mean it wasn't exactly a normal season.

Reaction Score

I didn't think you could improve on your Ball brothers take but here you are. You're watching a hockey game and Pat Beverly's shove tells you the game is a complete farce. What does that make Tom Wilson, or Todd Bertuzzi, or Marty McSorley? Maybe you're just not a fan of basketball players.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I’m not shedding a tear for CP. He seems like a bit of a jerk on the court.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Bucks are playing a throwback style, with Lopez posting at the 5 and Portis playing an old school 4. It is like we are watching a game from 1990.

Reaction Score
E4DCD996-3F92-40D4-B525-108E33DF3CD4.jpeg

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
or just allow the players to have a whirlpool and massage therapy on the sidelines. Maybe then Kawhi would have sat with his team on the bench. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Paly less games, make less money. New TV contract isn't too far off, NBA execs already taking Euro model, more important games in the middle of the season playoffs round robin type deal to get more eyeballs.

Reaction Score
Hmm, what's the major difference between NHL players and NBA players?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
PJ Tucker actually kind of sucks. He is useless offensively and just clutches and grabs on defense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Refs don't call clear path fouls nearly enough. There should be 5 of those calls a game

Reaction Score
Refs don't call clear path fouls nearly enough. There should be 5 of those calls a game
It has to change, it gives the defense such an advantage when it's only called as a common foul

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Budenholzer gets a 22 point 4th quarter lead and decides to stay in a 3 point shooting contest with the Hawks. Now the lead is 10.

He should be pounding inside to Lopez every possession the rest of the way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom