OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 32 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Middleton is so crazy streaky.

He should be one of the best scorers in the league but he takes a lot of really stupid shots. Even when he was hot in the 3rd, he was just hitting bad shots.

Reaction Score
It was a sad final chapter to Marv's career. Guy was the GOAT for like 35 years then couldn't perform his job. Someone really should have done him a favor and put him out to pasture a decade ago. A generation of fans will remember him as the senile old guy. Shame.

Reaction Score
It was a sad final chapter to Marv's career. Guy was the GOAT for like 35 years then couldn't perform his job. Someone really should have done him a favor and put him out to pasture a decade ago. A generation of fans will remember him as the senile old guy. Shame.
It's amazing his career survived his whole crossdressing and sex assault scandal from 20+ years ago.

Reaction Score
It's amazing his career survived his whole crossdressing and sex assault scandal from 20+ years ago.
Because it was 20 plus years ago lol. He had a women's underwear fetish.

Reaction Score
Just leaving Phoenix area now. The whole city is verrrry confident entering the Finals, they feel like they’re favorites.

Reaction Score
I can't see Milwaukee beating Phoenix without Giannis.. I'm sure he'll be back for some of the series, but who knows..

Devin Booker NBA Champion, sheesh

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Just leaving Phoenix area now. The whole city is verrrry confident entering the Finals, they feel like they’re favorites.
How confident are they that Phoenix will he a habital city in 20 years?

Reaction Score
How confident are they that Phoenix will he a habital city in 20 years?
Less confident than in Paul & Booker for sure. I like PHX in the series even with Giannis playing due to those two and Budenholzer's coaching. But if Holiday stays hot and Middleton has 4 good shooting games the Bucks will be tough to beat. Suns in 7

Reaction Score

Ill remember him as a Knicks broadcaster with John Andarais, and on NBC with the czar of the telestrator. His distinctive voice has made me pretty blind to his analysis over the years at least in real time. I was recently watching the 1991 Finals Marv talked about how Vlade Divac weakness is his lack of english, I was like wtf are you talking about, Divac spoke perfectly good english lol.

Reaction Score
I can't see Milwaukee beating Phoenix without Giannis.. I'm sure he'll be back for some of the series, but who knows..

Devin Booker NBA Champion, sheesh
suns in 6

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Cant imagine this series getting any decent ratings.

Reaction Score
I hope that is something wrapped around his knee because if not there's no way he's playing on a knee that swollen anytime soon

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
wow can you believe that the Nelson proclaimed worse coach in the world has his team in the NBA finals and did it by clinching without the best player in the league stepping on the court
at least he hasn't his "love" for Kris

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
wow can you believe that the Nelson proclaimed worse coach in the world has his team in the NBA finals and did it by clinching without the best player in the league stepping on the court
at least he hasn't his "love" for Kris

I missed your predictions on anything.

And Budenholzer was coaching for his job prior to making the Finals.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't believe that Giannis is really day-to-day as the Bucks are reporting. I think he is out. I just don't see how any NBA player can come back to play by tomorrow from an injury on 6/29 that looked as bad as Giannis' injury looked.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Budenholzer's reliance on ISO's early in the shot clock and freedom for any player to launch any shot they want is a problem as the competition gets better. Possessions are too valuable to waste with bad shots against a really good team in a best of seven series. The Bucks best remaining player is the team's worst offender for this. Middleton is a great scorer, but his shot selection is poor.

I also think Budenholzer has been a choker, although that may be less of a problem now that the Bucks are an underdog in the NBA Finals and the pressure is off the team.

Reaction Score
I don't believe that Giannis is really day-to-day as the Bucks are reporting. I think he is out. I just don't see how any NBA player can come back to play by tomorrow from an injury on 6/29 that looked as bad as Giannis' injury looked.
Whelp, he's playing. Let's hope this he doesn't have what happened to Durant happen to him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dude must have crazy healing powers

How is this possible? A knee injury isn’t like a muscle pull or bruise, is it? Either the cartilage is in the right places, or it isn’t. I guess we will find out soon enough.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Whelp, he's playing. Let's hope this he doesn't have what happened to Durant happen to him.
Especially with how Giannis plays. I am going to cringe every time he tries one of his Euro steps.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This may be the worst coached game I have seen in an NBA Finals.

He is letting Phoenix run the same pick and roll on his big every time. This leaves the Bucks two options: leave Lopez on the perimeter covering Paul or Booker, or pull Lopez, a tremendous offensive player, off the court. My personal choice would be to switch with everyone but Lopez, but basically anything else but Lopez covering Booker or Paul in space is a win. Trap on the screen, play a zone, literally anything would be better than what Budenholzer is doing on defense.

On offense, it has been one and one isolation basketball the whole game. Lots of low percentage shots. Also, Bucks should pick and roll with Lopez and then have him post up or get the ball on the roll vs a guard down low.

This isn't that hard, and most high school coaches would adjust better than Budenholzer. He is in way over his head.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom