OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 17 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Coming out of the timeout, they clearly scripted to get Middleton into space on a midrange pullup. And it worked, it was good. And then they did a similar play and Middletown hit another semi open midrange shot.

And then clearly they were out of scripted plays and they took a no action foot on the line contested deep 2.

The Bucks were taking terrible shots all game. The Nets lost because they didn't have Harden, Kyrie and KD had off nights, and the other Nets missed a lot of open shots. Harris, a 50.5% shooter (47.5% from 3) was 1-11, and a lot of those were wide open looks.

Bucks got lucky.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe Jazz / Clippers will be a professional game.

Reaction Score
That was hilarious by Bruce Brown. He basically wrestled Kyrie for the ball almost knocking him out of bounds. Then totally forgot who was on his team and went straight to the basket challenging the big man and throwing up a shot that missed the rim by like 5 feet.

Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz on Twitter: "Bruce Brown coming down the lane: https://post original url/ipm8SVnTu1" / Twitter

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Middleton is a choker,

This is the 1st time in his career that anyone has placed that label on Middleton
I would take him on my team any day
Going through a rough spot doesn't make someone a choke artist
Sometimes you are over dramatic Nelson so I guess that makes you a drama queen? - I dont mean to be derogatory but lets get real

I think Middleton is one of the better 2 guards in the NBA during the season, but he nose-dived in the playoffs last year, and is having some rough games this year. What do you want to call that?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I love Bruce, but that 4th quarter cost us the game.

I thought Brown played fairly well. No shame in losing a road playoff game by 3 when a first ballot hall of famer is on the bench in street clothes.

Reaction Score
Nope. Not what happened.
He caught the ball with 9 seconds which is an eternity in basketball, they had timeouts, and one of the greatest scorers of all time plays on his team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nah, he completely lost his mind. They had plenty of time and a timeout.
to make a crap contested pass into Durant. (Dont even want to see how many TO's)

I admit Brown missed some easy shots down the stretch but usually good things happen when you can drive into the basket with the defender deep in the cylinder.

Reaction Score
to make a crap contested pass into Durant. (Dont even want to see how many TO's)

I admit Brown missed some easy shots down the stretch but usually good things happen when you can drive into the basket with the defender deep in the cylinder.
Bruce Brown should never be the guy taking your final shot in a playoff game especially when you have Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving as teammates. He crapped his pants and was totally out of control.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bruce Brown should never be the guy taking your final shot in a playoff game especially when you have Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving as teammates. He crapped his pants and was totally out of control.

Kyrie took himself out of the play and Brown had an clear shot at the basket. Lopez bumped him a little, and he missed the shot. It happens.

Reaction Score
It still amazes me Donovan Mitchell played his first 2 years at Canterbury and wanted to play major league baseball. A broken wrist running into his catcher at Canterbury shifted all his energy to basketball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I thought Brown played fairly well. No shame in losing a road playoff game by 3 when a first ballot hall of famer is on the bench in street clothes.
He did overall. But he missed some shots in the 4th quarter before that final layup that would've had us in a different position. Can't blame him for the loss though.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It still amazes me Donovan Mitchell played his first 2 years at Canterbury and wanted to play major league baseball. A broken wrist running into his catcher at Canterbury shifted all his energy to basketball.

He wanted to play with the best athletes.

Chris weinke couldn’t hack it in baseball, so he went back and won a heisman instead in the easier sport lol

Reaction Score
Clips v. Jazz a reminder of the value of home court. Also a reminder that if George plays with aggression the Clips can win the whole thing.

Reaction Score
Clips v. Jazz a reminder of the value of home court. Also a reminder that if George plays with aggression the Clips can win the whole thing.
We lost out on this last year. The point isn’t made enough that the reason home court is so valuable is because of how it impacts role players.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
series over - Bucks in 6.

Man I was making a joke after the first 2 minutes of game 3 ... I could actually be correct. What a weird series.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I

Man I was making a joke after the first 2 minutes of game 3 ... I could actually be correct. What a weird series.

Harden and kyrie falling apart on them is the only reason it’s not already over.

But it’s gut check time for the nets now

Reaction Score
Nets not in trouble yet they have held serve if they lose in game 5 though different story. I said the Nets have to implode or have injuries to not win the title.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think Jokic should have gotten a Flagrant 1, but I can see how the officials gave him a Flagrant 2.

Reaction Score
I lean towards a flagrant 1 for that, but the optics of winding up make that a pretty easy call to make it a flagrant 2

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom