OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 16 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
As great as Jokic is it's really hard to see a way the Nuggets can win this series. Suns just have way more weapons and are way more athletic. Nuggets basically need Michael Porter Jr. to play like an all-NBA player to have any chance and he ain't doing it. Campazzo is garbage as is Rivers.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
As great as Jokic is it's really hard to see a way the Nuggets can win this series. Suns just have way more weapons and are way more athletic. Nuggets basically need Michael Porter Jr. to play like an all-NBA player to have any chance and he ain't doing it. Campazzo is garbage as is Rivers.

Why isn’t Barton playing more? Especially at the 2?

Reaction Score
Don't know, I guess because it's his first game back but he hit shots in the first quarter. It's hard to believe Campazzo is the starting point guard on a playoff team, he doesn't even look like an NBA player and Austin Rivers is Austin Rivers. I knew the Murray injury would catch up with them, they just have nothing in the backourt.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Chris Paul is having an amazing season. A 36 year old point guard has turned a below average team into a title contender, already defeating the defending champs, and up 2-0 on the MVP.

Reaction Score
He just came back from a month and a half long absence with a hamstring injury, he's on a minutes restriction

the Q

Reaction Score
He just came back from a month and a half long absence with a hamstring injury, he's on a minutes restriction

Ah ok. I thought he had been back by now. That makes perfect sense.

But damn that starting backcourt is awful for a second round team

Reaction Score
Ah ok. I thought he had been back by now. That makes perfect sense.

But damn that starting backcourt is awful for a second round team
I'm still shocked Portland lost to them, I thought Dame, CJM, and Powell would be enough firepower on the perimeter to get by the Nuggets with their backcourt situation but Portland's inability to play D really showed itself.

the Q

Reaction Score
I'm still shocked Portland lost to them, I thought Dame, CJM, and Powell would be enough firepower on the perimeter to get by the Nuggets with their backcourt situation but Portland's inability to play D really showed itself.

Well neither of those guards are good defenders.

But Powell ans Covington are supposed to be.

Kanter was awful. The blazers defensive rating was in the 140s with him on the floor (I believe the worst defensive team In the NBA had a rating of 116 for the season )

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The Blazers were a little better than the Nuggets but they didn't play well in crunch time.

This whole postseason is coming down to injuries. Chris Paul gets hurt, and the Suns lose to the Lakers. Paul feels better, AD and Lebron get hurt, and Lakers lose . Celtics were not beating the Nets anyways, but losing Brown and Walker turned that series into a laugher. Nuggets would be the favorite in the west if Murray was healthy. I don't see the Jazz beating the Clippers without Conley.

All the players are beat up right now. Fatigue leads to injuries, and fatigue is cumulative over a season. All it would take is one awkward landing by a star to completely shake up the playoffs.

There are two teams, the Clippers and Bucks, that are still playing and essentially healthy, and if they don't meet in the finals, both coaches should be fired.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I wonder if Giannis realizes there is a reason no one contests his 3 pointers.

Reaction Score
Bucks are very fortunate KD is having an off night so far because the midrange is there for him all game with Lopez dropping back

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bucks are very fortunate KD is having an off night so far because the midrange is there for him all game with Lopez dropping back

The Bucks are the better team, but they are just a choke squad. There is no other way to describe why they get so much worse as they go deeper into the playoffs. They will find a way to lose. Budenholzer is a choker, Middleton is a choker, and Giannis has not exactly been clutch throughout his career.

Edit: If Budenholzer coached in a market anyone cared about, he would be getting shredded in the press. Imagine the collapses from the last 2 seasons if this team was in Chicago or New York.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bud gotta bench Lopez if he can't punish a small lineup

The Bucks are wasting so many possessions with terrible shot selection. It is like they are a completely different team in the playoffs than they are in the regular season.

Giannis 0 for 6 from 3 in one of the most important games in the franchise's history. Every one of those 3 attempts was a dumb shot.

Reaction Score
The Bucks are the better team, but they are just a choke squad. There is no other way to describe why they get so much worse as they go deeper into the playoffs. They will find a way to lose. Budenholzer is a choker, Middleton is a choker, and Giannis has not exactly been clutch throughout his career.

Edit: If Budenholzer coached in a market anyone cared about, he would be getting shredded in the press. Imagine the collapses from the last 2 seasons if this team was in Chicago or New York.
Lolz, keep em coming.

Reaction Score
This Bucks offense in the 4th quarter is tough to watch. They're not running anything. They're not getting any of their guys in preferred spots. They're not getting into transition.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This Bucks offense in the 4th quarter is tough to watch. They're not running anything. They're not getting any of their guys in preferred spots. They're not getting into transition.

Bucks are #5 in Offensive Rating in the regular season per the NBA's website. And then this happens in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Bucks are #5 in Offensive Rating in the regular season per the NBA's website. And then this happens in the playoffs.
Coming out of the timeout, they clearly scripted to get Middleton into space on a midrange pullup. And it worked, it was good. And then they did a similar play and Middleton hit another semi open midrange shot.

And then clearly they were out of scripted plays and they took a no action foot on the line contested deep 2.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Middleton is a choker,

This is the 1st time in his career that anyone has placed that label on Middleton
I would take him on my team any day
Going through a rough spot doesn't make someone a choke artist
Sometimes you are over dramatic Nelson so I guess that makes you a drama queen? - I dont mean to be derogatory but lets get real

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Bruce Brown thought he was back in the NEPSAC, dude lost his mind there
Everyone else was covered.

All in all, one of the ugliest games I can remember.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom