OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
Another brutal playoff performance from Kemba being masked so far by Tatum and Smart, he has got to give the Celtics more than this

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That was a very sketchy offensive foul call on Kyrie. Smart probably doesn't deserve an Oscar for that, but at least an Emmy.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Amazing game. Kemba struggled shooting and that da$& knee still bothering him but man he makes winning plays. Tatum is great, the overturned Smart call was embarrassing and I really hate the Nets.

Reaction Score
That was one of the easier charge calls an official will ever make. Nice work by Smart.

Edit: What the XXXXX just happened? They overturned it? That is an offensive foul in any gym at any level of basketball.
Apparently you can't charge when the ball is not yet inbounded in the NBA..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is just one game and the Nets still have a 99% chance of winning this series, but the Nets are just a bad defensive team. They got lit up by a team that only had one player that could score, so imagine what the Bucks will do to them. They let the Freak ISO on anyone on the Nets for an entire game and he will have 50 points on dunks and +1's.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Apparently you can't charge when the ball is not yet inbounded in the NBA..

That is not the right read. The offense can absolutely commit a foul in a dead ball situation. If not, why wouldn't they just have someone tackle defenders to leave someone wide open under the basket?

Edit: Found this:

RULE NO. 12: Fouls and Penalties | NBA Official

d. A personal foul committed by the offensive team during a throw-in shall be an offensive foul, regardless of whether the ball has been released.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Learned something new tonight. Caulley-Stein has a flagrant and a technical foul. I had thought that all special fouls were a single category, and a player was disqualified if he got two of those fouls. Apparently flagrant fouls and technical fouls are separate categories.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I like the Hawks. They are not perfect, but they are a solid, well-constructed team that should give the 76ers a fight. Young and Bogdanovich get the press, but John Collins is a really good old school forward. I like McMillan as coach, but I think he should play the bench a little more. Gallinari, Huerter and Lou Williams is a good bench.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Learned something new tonight. Caulley-Stein has a flagrant and a technical foul. I had thought that all special fouls were a single category, and a player was disqualified if he got two of those fouls. Apparently flagrant fouls and technical fouls are separate categories.

Also an embarrassing call. I watched those plays within maybe a 10 minute span and couldn’t believe that refs in the playoffs were capable of such butchering.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I like the Hawks. They are not perfect, but they are a solid, well-constructed team that should give the 76ers a fight. Young and Bogdanovich get the press, but John Collins is a really good old school forward. I like McMillan as coach, but I think he should play the bench a little more. Gallinari, Huerter and Lou Williams is a good bench.
Really curious what Collins gets in fa with such a shallow class.

he’d probably be a Celtic right now if the hawks knew they’d be picking later than Boston this year

Reaction Score
I still think one of the worst takes I've read on here in a while is when MULTIPLE people called Obi Toppin a bust... turrible..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kind of a boring day.

Bucks vs. Heat - Looks like Tyler Hiero's deal with the devil has expired. Butler is starting to look old. He is still good, but not good enough to carry a team to the finals. Dragic is aging out too. All that said, Bucks looked good spanking a good team. And where did Bryn Forbes come from?

Nuggets vs. Blazers - It shows how good the NBA is today that the Nuggets don't bring their A game for one day and they get embarrassed by a 6 seed.

76ers vs. Wizards - Embiid is trying to hard to get press coverage of this snoozer of a series.

Jazz vs. Grizzlies - The Grizz are going to be good in a couple of years if they make a couple of right moves. They are just too young right now to beat a veteran team like the Jazz.

Reaction Score
I still think one of the worst takes I've read on here in a while is when MULTIPLE people called Obi Toppin a bust... turrible..
Toppin was an excellent college player, but Haliburton should have been the pick. That was the guy I wanted before the draft and that was the guy I wanted once it was the Knicks' turn to pick.

I like Toppin, though. Should become a solid starter and is right now a very good backup for Randle. Overall, the 2020 draft was a stinker, so hard to get salty over the pick.

Reaction Score
Oh, I agree with that for sure - Haliburton should have 100% have been the pick.

There was a discussion on here maybe a month ago with people saying he was a bust and I was just bewildered by it..

Reaction Score
Oh, I agree with that for sure - Haliburton should have 100% have been the pick.

There was a discussion on here maybe a month ago with people saying he was a bust and I was just bewildered by it..
Fair. 80%+ of NBA rookies are "busts" in their rookie season.

Reaction Score
There are levels to it. Toppin didn't look like an NBA player for much of the season. It's more alarming with a 23-year-old rookie than an 18-year-old one. You can't call anyone a bust after one season, but there was plenty of reason for concern. At one point he had airballed more threes than he'd made. Toppin looked about as lost as a rookie as an 18-year-old Frank Ntilikina did. But Toppin had a short camp, a short offseason, and a coach who doesn't love rookies. You can throw out a lot of rookie seasons, a COVID rookie season even more.

It was also frustrating that the Knicks were not using him in a way suited to his current skillset. That said, in today's NBA any big can be a solid piece if he can learn to shoot. If Obi is nothing more than an average 3PT shooter who can cut and finish around the rim he'll be worth the #8 pick. He has a good feel for the game and is an unselfish kid who works hard and plays hard. Those are good players to have in your org. I just found it odd that the Knicks were so love in with him as a prospect, were strongly considering trading up for him, and were celebrating on draft night like they just got the steal of the draft.

While no one expected the Knicks to have such a good season, this series vs ATL highlights perfectly why Haliburton was the pick. This team sorely needed playmakers and perimeter defenders. I doubt a rookie Haliburton would swing the series in the Knicks favor (Trae obviously obliterated the historically bad SAC defense during the regular season) but he helps fill the biggest cracks.

Reaction Score
Kind of a boring day.

Bucks vs. Heat - Looks like Tyler Hiero's deal with the devil has expired. Butler is starting to look old. He is still good, but not good enough to carry a team to the finals. Dragic is aging out too. All that said, Bucks looked good spanking a good team. And where did Bryn Forbes come from?

Nuggets vs. Blazers - It shows how good the NBA is today that the Nuggets don't bring their A game for one day and they get embarrassed by a 6 seed.

76ers vs. Wizards - Embiid is trying to hard to get press coverage of this snoozer of a series.

Jazz vs. Grizzlies - The Grizz are going to be good in a couple of years if they make a couple of right moves. They are just too young right now to beat a veteran team like the Jazz.
Giannis finally having a real lead guard who can make plays will open up things like crazy. That, and he’s starting to hit from 10+ feet

That was the only game I watched yesterday. Rest of the lineup was pretty meh and it seems like I didn’t miss much

Much more interesting basketball today

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The officiating in the Lakers/Suns game is a David Stern special. Suns should be up 10 more points right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom