OT: - 2021 NBA Playoffs | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: 2021 NBA Playoffs

Reaction Score
You are anointing the Nets Champions because they are beating a hobbled Celtics team that wasn't that good when they were healthy. The Bucks lit up a healthy Heat team two games in a row. The 76ers are on cruise control against the Wizards. The Heat or Wizards would curb stomp this Celtics team. Beating the Celtics proves nothing.
Cant go by comparative scores. I remember the Bulls in 97 had games where they just got by the Bullets then dispatched the rest of their competition in the East into the finals. The 2008 Celtics were pushed to 7 games in the first round against the below .500 Hawks, the 2009 Lakers pushed to 7 games from a Rockets team that had no Yao or Tmac so many examples there.

Sometimes the top seeded team plays down to their competition then elevates their play in the next rd now hopefully I’m wrong about the Nets and they don’t make the Finals.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Giannis finally having a real lead guard who can make plays will open up things like crazy. That, and he’s starting to hit from 10+ feet

That was the only game I watched yesterday. Rest of the lineup was pretty meh and it seems like I didn’t miss much

Much more interesting basketball today

Giannis also shut down jimmy butler.

And Herro turned into a pumpkin. Probably should’ve used him in a harden or beal deal...

Reaction Score
Things got very interesting in the west now with AD's groin injury.

Reaction Score
Lue's comments about the Mav's role players shooting held up well. Nice adjustments from him benching Pat Bev and also going small(forced to somewhat with Ibaka's injury).

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cant go by comparative scores. I remember the Bulls in 97 had games where they just got by the Bullets then dispatched the rest of their competition in the East into the finals. The 2008 Celtics were pushed to 7 games in the first round against the below .500 Hawks, the 2009 Lakers pushed to 7 games from a Rockets team that had no Yao or Tmac so many examples there.

Sometimes the top seeded team plays down to their competition then elevates their play in the next rd now hopefully I’m wrong about the Nets and they don’t make the Finals.

Exceptions do not prove the rule. Usually when a team is struggling to put away a mediocre opponent, it is because they are mediocre too. For example, the Bucks problems with Orlando in the first round last year were a warning sign they were not as good as their record.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Lue's comments about the Mav's role players shooting held up well. Nice adjustments from him benching Pat Bev and also going small(forced to somewhat with Ibaka's injury).

I don't think anyone was arguing that the Clippers were not a better team than the Mavericks, only that the Clippers were capable of really bad games and didn't look like a championship caliber team. I don't think blowing out a Mavericks team whose franchise player is hurt changes that.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone was arguing that the Clippers were not a better team than the Mavericks, only that the Clippers were capable of really bad games and didn't look like a championship caliber team. I don't think blowing out a Mavericks team whose franchise player is hurt changes that.
I don't even know what you're arguing, the sports world was clowning Ty Lue because he said after Game 2 that he was not concerned being down 0-2 and the Mavs would need to continue shooting like they have, and they haven't. He also made tactical changes to how they were operating on offense and defense that have shown on the court no matter healthy how Luka is.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The officiating in the Lakers/Suns game is a David Stern special. Suns should be up 10 more points right now.

Without that kind of help from the refs in every game, the Lakers are losing this series. Not sure why people are pegging them for the final. It was embarrassing to see the calls the Lakers got on non contact or incidental contact.

Durant got way too many undeserved “and 1“ calls as well, not that it mattered. I despise the absurd levels of favoritism the NBA refs show their “stars”.

Reaction Score
i expect a valiant effort from beal & westbrick tonite, they’ll prolly get this one unless doc has the team focused. it’s the best i’ve ever seen from these knuckleheads

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Things got very interesting in the west now with AD's groin injury.

It certainly does. A groin injury needs time to heal. You could shoot AD up with steroids, although I don't know how that impacts PED testing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What teams are left that do not have a key player out or playing at significantly less than 100%? Memphis is one. Is Donovan Mitchell healthy? Nets?

Reaction Score
What teams are left that do not have a key player out or playing at significantly less than 100%? Memphis is one. Is Donovan Mitchell healthy? Nets?
Yeah somehow the Nets, unless you count Dinwiddie, but he hasn't been there all year.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah somehow the Nets, unless you count Dinwiddie, but he hasn't been there all year.

dinwiddie has missed a lot of the year.

but he still played. He counts imo

Reaction Score
Nets also missing Jeff Green for at least the start of the series against Milwaukee. That series should be fun and very well could be the best matchup all playoffs.

Reaction Score
Dame is incredible but this is coaching malpractice from Malone

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If AD is done, its likely Clippers coming out of the west right? Jazz & Suns might be better teams, but Clippers will always have best player in any series going forward.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Danny Ainge retires from his role, Brad Stevens becomes GM, and the Celtics are looking for a coach. Pretty significant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom