2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
How many is that now?
  1. UConn
  2. USC
  3. Ga Southern
  4. FIU
  5. LSU
  6. WashSt
  7. Tex Tech
  8. TCU

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jeff Traylor:

1635725619539.gif

Reaction Score
Wow. Shocker.
Not at all surprised, been living on borrowed time. Stale schemes, not so great Big 12 records of late, losing to SMU, etc. Add on rumors of TTech’s similar interest in Dykes and Traylor

Reaction Score
Tick, tick, tick…

Yeah, that's pretty much a wrap there too... he might be a guy we'd consider at as top assistant though (OC or QB coach or both??? seems to have credentials for that at least), whomever we pick as HC...

Reaction Score
Chip Kelly: Beat SC, lead UCLA to bowl and above .500 record, or jettisoned? (Colorado H, @SC, Cal H) Potential LA bidding war?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As if TCU lacks deep pockets plus Big 12 dinero to match or exceed the Ponies. DFW bidding war?

Yeah.

They're both schools with similar size enrollments and academic profiles. Looks like TCU has more undergrads as a percent of total students.

Oh, and for the part that matters. Both schools have $2 billion endowments and have alumni who have made those endowments possible.

I don't think TCU has to worry about tapping out of a bidding war with SMU because they run out of money.

Reaction Score
Yeah.

They're both schools with similar size enrollments and academic profiles. Looks like TCU has more undergrads as a percent of total students.

Oh, and for the part that matters. Both schools have $2 billion endowments and have alumni who have made those endowments possible.

I don't think TCU has to worry about tapping out of a bidding war with SMU because they run out of money.
I'd have to think Texas Tech has to have the upper hand over TCU/SMU for Sonny Dykes' services next year, no? Sonny is a Tech grad (baseball) and his father was a coach there for over a decade. Seems like a no-brainer for Sonny to "go home" unless he'd rather stay in the DFW area, which can't blame him given Lubbock's geography...

Reaction Score
From LA to Deliverance land. No transition issues there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd have to think Texas Tech has to have the upper hand over TCU/SMU for Sonny Dykes' services next year, no? Sonny is a Tech grad (baseball) and his father was a coach there for over a decade. Seems like a no-brainer for Sonny to "go home" unless he'd rather stay in the DFW area, which can't blame him given Lubbock's geography...

TT very well may have the advantage over those two. I was just doing a DFW area comparison between TCU and SMU.

Reaction Score
TT very well may have the advantage over those two. I was just doing a DFW area comparison between TCU and SMU.
Yeah makes sense. I'd probably want to stay in DFW than go to Lubbock ;) I guess we'll see how sentimental he is...

Reaction Score
Yeah makes sense. I'd probably want to stay in DFW than go to Lubbock ;) I guess we'll see how sentimental he is...
Based on references to Sonny Dykes preferring to avoid following his father's Texas Tech coaching legacy, will Red Raiders' dinero carry the day? Potentially, Spikes' boots may not carry much water for Sonny boy.

Reaction Score
From LA to Deliverance land. No transition issues there.
Sure, but Deliverance was mostly filmed in northern Georgia hard by the NC and SC borders. Close cultural kin, Southern Cal and Georgia Southern. ;)

Reaction Score
Private school in a liberal multicultural metropolis goes to a public school in the rural deep South. Hoo boy.
On the plus side, if he owns a house in CA, he can sell it and buy half of Statesboro.

The only bigger cultural change I can think of would be going from Cal to Liberty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom