2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
He also had Joe Brady as his OC. He and Burrow were a lethal combo for opponents to face.
And Justin Jefferson that championship team was loaded… I honestly don’t think it was fair Orgeron was fired when two of his best players are out this year. That may have been the reason for the down year.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about contracts but how did Orgeron's work? He signed a six year contract in January 2020. He was making an annual salary of around $9 million. Why is he only getting a $16.9 million buyout if he wasn't fired for cause? He is getting a lot of money but I would have expected it to be more. I realize that he failed to report sexual allegations on his watch. Is that the reason why?

Reaction Score
Printing money…

Holy crap. Makes whoever is contemplating hiring him think long & hard. Dude making serious bank on that buyout.

I'd say UConn makes a push for him, but some definite yellow/red flags...

Bot to mention, I'm not sure I could handle listening to his "Cookie Monster meets Oscar the Grouch" voice...

Destroy Sesame Street GIF by Rachael Ray Show

Reaction Score
Holy crap. Makes whoever is contemplating hiring him think long & hard. Dude making serious bank on that buyout.

Bot to mention, I'm not sure I could handle listening to his "Cookie Monster meets Oscar the Grouch" voice...

If he can get us on the right track I'll take that all day long.. "Go Huskies"

Reaction Score

I would not touch him with a 10' Pole. Guy i think went 0-11, at Ole Miss. He's a rah rah type that won it all with 1st overall pick in the NFL draft and a loaded roster. He can recruit but LSU has bagmen to help with that. He is NOT the type of guy we need. Thankfully he'd never come here.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find this totally ironic to be reading this on a UCONN fan board. We are only a sniff away from Kevin Ollie winning the 2014 NC and we are an organization which fired a guy.

I think both Orgeron and Ollie have the same symptoms. Fully capable to perform part of the requirements of Blue Blood HC in a major NCAA sport; but, not capable to be the Program guy in all components. And LSU will pay the price. I continue to find perplexing the buyout of Ollie - an unpopular opinion whereby other board members yell loudly about violations etc (which, in my historic view, are not hugely extraordinary among hoop programs - hey they paid Kelvin Sampson). The pushback that OIlie was offered a fair resolution makes me a little more sanguine.

Kevin Ollie - my friends - is one story of the last 50 years that is notable. Win a NC. There's no other story like his. And I laugh at posts suggesting it was Shabazz Napier who coached. ok ok ... Orgeron had Joe Burrow.
If Kevin merely sucked, he would’ve gotten his buyout. But because Kevin sucked, cheated, lied about it to Benedict, lied about it to the NCAA, got a three-year show cause penalty which would have prevented him from coaching through the end of his contract, he didn’t get a buyout. Most people find it pretty easy to make a distinction between the two circumstances. To be completely honest, it’s hard to see why some struggle with it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
471F3FBF-3DC0-494F-855A-69E9F70C689F.jpeg

And he’s probably willing to pay Coaches big money as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom