2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
Please stop with the Holy Cross or Yale talk. There's a greater likelihood that a "never before' HC with a vision and a plan--and a team of assistants already in place will be here than any current HC at an FCS school.
So you are saying that UConn is opting for on the job training?

With this much time to evaluate, I do like the idea of making the HC candidates specify whom they would bring in for staff, if that is possible.

Reaction Score
Is there any chance Fickell stays at Cincy? I would think that Cincy would cough up some serious money to keep him and he’s very happy there.

Reaction Score
It’s only a matter of time before Jason Garrett becomes available. Gentlemen goes into the portal too.

Reaction Score
Is there any chance Fickell stays at Cincy? I would think that Cincy would cough up some serious money to keep him and he’s very happy there.
If they win out they'll make the CFP this year and going to the B12 will give them opportunities going forward.

I wouldn't be shocked if he stayed provided they pay him

Reaction Score
He's going P5. He'd be crazy not to

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Lsu most of the guys they would like to have already make a great deal of money, and live in much nicer places than Baton Rouge. Who would want to work for that organization which fires a guy less than 2 years after he won a national championship and they gave him a ton of money? We're not talking about guys here who have limited earning potential or money.

Reaction Score
Say it with me: the Big 12 is no longer a power football conference.
Yeah, but until they are out of the contract language that says they're no longer P5, they're P5. Big East was BCS until that contract ended and the P5 was created.

Reaction Score
Say it with me: the Big 12 is no longer a power football conference.
Says who? you? Yes they lose Texas and Oklahoma, but they’re still better than any G5 conference. Big 12 will still be respected.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Please stop with the Holy Cross or Yale talk. There's a greater likelihood that a "never before' HC with a vision and a plan--and a team of assistants already in place will be here than any current HC at an FCS school.
I think he would rather go with experience , then a assistant..

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Lsu most of the guys they would like to have already make a great deal of money, and live in much nicer places than Baton Rouge. Who would want to work for that organization which fires a guy less than 2 years after he won a national championship and they gave him a ton of money? We're not talking about guys here who have limited earning potential or money.

Does anyone else find this totally ironic to be reading this on a UCONN fan board. We are only a sniff away from Kevin Ollie winning the 2014 NC and we are an organization which fired a guy.

I think both Orgeron and Ollie have the same symptoms. Fully capable to perform part of the requirements of Blue Blood HC in a major NCAA sport; but, not capable to be the Program guy in all components. And LSU will pay the price. I continue to find perplexing the buyout of Ollie - an unpopular opinion whereby other board members yell loudly about violations etc (which, in my historic view, are not hugely extraordinary among hoop programs - hey they paid Kelvin Sampson). The pushback that OIlie was offered a fair resolution makes me a little more sanguine.

Kevin Ollie - my friends - is one story of the last 50 years that is notable. Win a NC. There's no other story like his. And I laugh at posts suggesting it was Shabazz Napier who coached. ok ok ... Orgeron had Joe Burrow.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about contracts but how did Orgeron's work? He signed a six year contract in January 2020. He was making an annual salary of around $9 million. Why is he only getting a $16.9 million buyout if he wasn't fired for cause? He is getting a lot of money but I would have expected it to be more. I realize that he failed to report sexual allegations on his watch. Is that the reason why?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom