2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
He grew up in Gainesville, Florida. Statesboro is gonna feel far more like home. Trust me ... LA is not for everyone; USC - Orange County centric fanbase - is distinctly not your warm embrace if you are not leading the CFB world.

Reaction Score

-> The two are among the more than 20 coaches the Texas Tech search committee has researched, but are believed to be the first to formally interview. <-

Reaction Score

-> The two are among the more than 20 coaches the Texas Tech search committee has researched, but are believed to be the first to formally interview. <-

they aren't wasting any time down there..

Hoping DB is doing the same thing up here (just behind the scenes with things... keeping it hush hush is OK with me.)

Reaction Score
they aren't wasting any time down there..
Well of course. Once the season ends there's a lot more competition.
That seems to be part of the reason TCU pulled the trigger when it did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder why Dave hasn’t pulled the trigger yet? Is he looking at an existing head coach or coordinator who won’t leave until the end of the season?

Reaction Score
Makes you wonder why Dave hasn’t pulled the trigger yet? Is he looking at an existing head coach or coordinator who won’t leave until the end of the season?
I would think info related to our search is being driven more by fact that he wants it quiet and operates in a state where there’s effectively no media snooping around. The TT search is littered with coordinators and head coaches. No coach should leave before season end, but they can interview and they can leave as soon as reg season ends.

Reaction Score
Because Moorhead has already agreed to be our HC and they're waiting after the season to announce to keep distractions away from Oregon and their title hopes.

Only thing I can think of.

Reaction Score
Maybe he has or is close to. At least by now he must know who the interested candidates are based on the resources the university is making available. Some existing head coaches might just want their exit to look a lot different than Randy Edsall's first go-around. A positive as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
Because Moorhead has already agreed to be our HC and they're waiting after the season to announce to keep distractions away from Oregon and their title hopes.

Only thing I can think of.
I know the post was in jest but Moorhead would be a fool to come to an agreement with any school now. He will be one of the hottest names for HC jobs, he should wait to see what else opens.

I think he would be perfect for UCLA if Kelly gets the boot.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
AD David Benedict says he wants to announce the nee guy by Dec 1. He isn't waiting on anyone with playoff potential or expects them to jump asap.

Reaction Score
I know the post was in jest but Moorhead would be a fool to come to an agreement with any school now. He will be one of the hottest names for HC jobs, he should wait to see what else opens.

I think he would be perfect for UCLA if Kelly gets the boot.
This is why it makes it nearly impossible for him to come here. He has P5 HC experience, and he is OC for a potential playoff team. Our timelines just do not seem to align if we want someone by 12/1. Unless he has some odd yearning, how can he agree to be our coach within the next couple of weeks not knowing what P5 opportunities will be there. It’s not like his fallback option of remaining OC where he is would be a bad option.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Moorhead isn’t the only hot coach out there and honestly, I don’t even think he’s in the top five hottest coach’s. Maybe he’s top 10-15. I don’t see how anyone here thinks we have NO shot at Moorhead. It’s mind blowing to be honest. From what I hear we have a shot and he’s willing to listen. Does that mean he will come here no, but it’s not a definite no like some of you claim. Tom Herman is not even on this list that’s another name we should be looking at hard. I’d take him over retread Golden any day.

Tim Elliot - Turned down Tenn and Vandy last year

Sonny Dykes - SMU paying up for a reason brought a five star recruit for the first time in SMUs history

Dan Lanning - has Georgia playing elite defense his two years there

Dave Clawson - WF is in the playoff conversations

Jamey Chadwell - 11-1 record last year and had them in the top 15 this year.

Brett Venebles - Denied Auburn last year and will always get interests every year

Bill O’Brien - the latest Saban successful rehab coach

Alex Grinch - has drew interest from Arizona and Illinois and will always be in the conversation

Phil Longo - produced some high power offenses
I'm missing something....what is this list?

Reaction Score
Facts! Some people here really look at UConn small time. Small time vision and claim they’re being realistic… smh
With the way things were handled during our infant stages of FBS (when we had success, then blew it... thanks Admin) it's a little to shake off...until we prove otherwise and get back to going to bowl games

Reaction Score
With the way things were handled during our infant stages of FBS (when we had success, then blew it... thanks Admin) it's a little to shake off...until we prove otherwise and get back to going to bowl games
Make that meaningful bowl games and I will agree with you. By that I mean a bowl game at which UConn can at least break even. Btw, does UConn have to split the proceeds of any bowl game with the Big East despite their not being a FB conference?? The reason I ask is that stranger things have happened in this world and everything is negotiable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom