2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
I don’t think he’s looking for another job down the road. He wanted the job because his kids are in New York and he wanted to be near them and yet be part of a tight community. Storrs offers the little college town he speaks of as an idyllic place to make a life and career. As a guy that likes being in Idaho, Storrs probably has some appeal for its rural character. However, UConn has tremendous access to media centers and ways of self promotion that our football coaches have never before tapped. Mora is absolutely immersing himself in media and taking advantage. UConn is the faux rural school that looks like a charming country hamlet but is really a powerhouse within 2 hours of 10’s of millions of people, ESPN and the media capital of the world. Mora seems to get what many of us have been saying for years.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Why speculate when he’s leaving for the next job? Nobody knows what he is thinking. Geno and Jim are two of the most successful coaches in basketball history, and they stayed. I am so thankful that we got him. Let’s hope for the best and enjoy the ride.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This guy sucks and some of you actually wanted him anywhere near UConn...

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
There’s a video of Brian Kelly addressing fans at an LSU basketball game and he’s using a southern accent. This guy is toast
I made the mistake of Googling it. Now I have "Faaymly" and "Togger" stuck in my head. Ugh. That was ridiculous.

Reaction Score
I get Mario is a Miami guy, and it’s also probably my Ducks fandom ruining my outlook on the situation, but given the job that he has at Oregon, I don’t see why you’d leave that situation for the mess that is Miami right now.

I would wish him well if he left, but it would be a tough pill to swallow.

Reaction Score
I get Mario is a Miami guy, and it’s also probably my Ducks fandom ruining my outlook on the situation, but given the job that he has at Oregon, I don’t see why you’d leave that situation for the mess that is Miami right now.

10 million a year vs 4.55 million a year is pretty good incentive.

Reaction Score
Who says Miami even has $10m to offer? They’re paying Diaz $3.1m.
And they got crap results. USC paid its prior coach $4.8m and Riley $11m. Coaching market went up drastically, if you want someone, you will need to pay.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

As a Ducks fan....is Cristobal all that? They had a horrendous loss at Stanford this year, and it feels to me he has done ok....but I haven't seen anything to warrant $10 mm a year. Or am I missing something?

Reaction Score
As a Ducks fan....is Cristobal all that? They had a horrendous loss at Stanford this year, and it feels to me he has done ok....but I haven't seen anything to warrant $10 mm a year. Or am I missing something?

X & O wise he certainly leaves a lot to be desired, but the way he can recruit makes up for a lot of that because at the end of the day, talent matters. Now does he warrant $10m? No, but I’m not sure any coach does.

Reaction Score
Some Clemson folks are on twitter mighty nervous that Dabo & Veneables are going to OU. Seems a bit crazy to me. Dabo is set at Clemson and if he ever wanted to move, he could go to the alma mater when Saban retires in a few years.

Reaction Score
Some Clemson folks are on twitter mighty nervous that Dabo & Veneables are going to OU. Seems a bit crazy to me. Dabo is set at Clemson and if he ever wanted to move, he could go to the alma mater when Saban retires in a few years.
He wants to coach in the Best Conference and the SEC is clearly that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom