2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 25 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
About Moorhead - throw the arrows here. After that Oregon win at Ohio State with Anthony Brown at QB I thought he was well on his way to either; i) a middle/top P5 HC job with one of those big dollar 10MM+ contracts or ii) a OC job with pay like Brett Venables gets at Clemson.

I didn't anticipate the mediocrity of the balance of his season.

Mora, however, has been awesome and I think we got the better guy, even if he is here just one year - we got a change maker. Dont think Moorhead has 1/2 the energy and or the vision for wholesale change that we have in Mora

Send arrows here.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Mora, however, has been awesome and I think we got the better guy, even if he is here just one year
You think Mora is here short term? That doesn't fit what he has been saying about how important a commitment is to him.

I don't see this as a stepping stone job for him...but I could be wrong.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You think Mora is here short term? That doesn't fit what he has been saying about how important a commitment is to him.

Next year there will be another 20 jobs available and if he shows anything notable the other programs will come calling....

Reaction Score
Next year there will be another 20 jobs available and if he shows anything notable the other programs will come calling....
Idk, he denied the Texas and Washington job while at ucla. If he loves a place he stays. He doesn’t seem like a one and done guy. But we will see.

Reaction Score
Idk, he denied the Texas and Washington job while at ucla. If he loves a place he stays. He doesn’t seem like a one and done guy. But we will see.
Agreed. Said he wanted to be at UCLA forever. Atl, Seattle, UCLA...was fired, never left on his own. Sounds like he could be around for a while with success. Wants to see his young assistants get those opportunities.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Said he wanted to be at UCLA forever. Atl, Seattle, UCLA...was fired, never left on his own. Sounds like he could be around for a while with success. Wants to see his young assistants get those opportunities.
Right? Also how much money is enough money. He’s gotten so much buy out money you can tell he really doesn’t care/ get swayed by it. He just isn’t the traditional guy. And even if he gets UConn turned around I don’t see many other programs going for a 61 year old guy. Brian Kelly has been the oldest coach hired.

Reaction Score

It absolutely is a stepping stone job but if he leaves in a few years that’s a good thing - means he got the team back on the right track.

Reaction Score
It absolutely is a stepping stone job but if he leaves in a few years that’s a good thing - means he got the team back on the right track.

With JM's hire of the Maine coach as OC he is looking to get us better in a hurry. The players that stay in the program are about to witness a complete transformation of a football program that had been put in a sleeper hold by the previous regime. I really hope the players get to enjoy the success a first rate innovative coaching staff can bring.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I just don't see it. He may have me snowed....but you don't go on shows and talk about making a commitment...and explain why you didn't leave UCLA because of honoring your commitment to recruits..and then leave your next job after a year of two. And...he said he was going to get a Husky puppy....unless it's northeastern... Washington...or northern Illinois...I don't thing he is leaving before four years...lol

Reaction Score
There’s a video of Brian Kelly addressing fans at an LSU basketball game and he’s using a southern accent. This guy is toast

Reaction Score
Brian Kelly and Lincoln Riley just showed that every job can be a stepping stone job. But the way Mora speaks just makes some think that he could be around for a while.
That money and perks is ridiculous anyone taking that. That’s why P5 is so important you can make rash decisions and be protected

Reaction Score
I just don't see it. He may have me snowed....but you don't go on shows and talk about making a commitment...and explain why you didn't leave UCLA because of honoring your commitment to recruits..and then leave your next job after a year of two. And...he said he was going to get a Husky puppy....unless it's northeastern... Washington...or northern Illinois...I don't thing he is leaving before four years...lol
He definitely won’t leave for another job after next year and probably the year after based on the rebuild job. I don’t think another school will come calling if he wins 3 to 5 games next year obviously and 4-6 games in 2023. It’s the third year if he shows he was able to rebuild the team to the point of 7-8 wins I can see him leaving and I would be ecstatic because that would mean he took a dumpster fire and turned it into 7-8 wins in three years!

Reaction Score
He really appears to know what it takes. Let’s see some success first but I feel he’d be very appealing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom