2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders… | Page 28 | The Boneyard

2021 Coaching Carousel picking up riders…

Reaction Score
We are assuming cristobal’s camp is not behind Miami rumor.

I still think kiffin ends up there.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There's a lot of people that should eat crow over the Moorhead argument. And not that it means anything, but I still think we should've hired Moorhead. It was the perfect fit.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of people that should eat crow over the Moorhead argument. And not that it means anything, but I still think we should've hired Moorhead. It was the perfect fit.
If Mora doesn't work out in a few years, I am sure we can revisit hiring Moorehead again assuming he is still available at Akron.

Reaction Score
Why would Diaz stay if that is true? Pure insanity in college football!
Miami is a weird job. They seem to have money, and some big money supporters but as far as fans go, nothing. Even when they were winging national championships, they didn’t really have much of a fan base

Reaction Score
Miami is a weird job. They seem to have money, and some big money supporters but as far as fans go, nothing. Even when they were winging national championships, they didn’t really have much of a fan base
People show up when they win, it's just how it is here. They don't have a ready made, on campus group of fans. There just aren't enough of them, so they have to attract people from pretty much a three county base. People just aren't going to do it. Even the Dolphins have to deal with this, and there are generations of Dolphin fans who just don't want to kick out the money. The only team down here that isn't dealing with it is the Heat, and that's because they are pretty much always good.

Reaction Score
People show up when they win, it's just how it is here. They don't have a ready made, on campus group of fans. There just aren't enough of them, so they have to attract people from pretty much a three county base. People just aren't going to do it. Even the Dolphins have to deal with this, and there are generations of Dolphin fans who just don't want to kick out the money. The only team down here that isn't dealing with it is the Heat, and that's because they are pretty much always good.
I don’t even think it’s the money. Miami is a very international city and American Football isn’t on the minds of 90% of the people there. They need to draw in more people from outside Miami, including country boys from the inland areas, which they used to do 20+ years ago. Now all of those fans support UF and FSU because Miami hasn’t been good enough to cultivate new fans outside of campus. The Dolphins have a decent regular base, but everyone I know that goes to the games seems to have corporate tickets. I know very few people that buy their own.

Reaction Score
I don’t even think it’s the money. Miami is a very international city and American Football isn’t on the minds of 90% of the people there. They need to draw in more people from outside Miami, including country boys from the inland areas, which they used to do 20+ years ago. Now all of those fans support UF and FSU because Miami hasn’t been good enough to cultivate new fans outside of campus. The Dolphins have a decent regular base, but everyone I know that goes to the games seems to have corporate tickets. I know very few people that buy their own.
You aren't lying about the corporate angle. For years the regular guy has talked about being priced out, the game day experience changing, etc. It's definitely a real issue. It's a shame too, because what the Dolphins owner has done with the stadium is really great. Completely changed that place for the better.

Reaction Score

-> Former UMass head coach Walt Bell will be Indiana's offensive coordinator, sources told FootballScoop on Monday. <-

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
You aren't lying about the corporate angle. For years the regular guy has talked about being priced out, the game day experience changing, etc. It's definitely a real issue. It's a shame too, because what the Dolphins owner has done with the stadium is really great. Completely changed that place for the better.
I was in Fort Lauderdale for Thanksgiving visiting my oldest daughter and her wife, and we joined her large group tailgating at the UM vs. VA Tech game at Hard Rock Stadium. There was a good crowd, and the tailgating scene was a PARTY. Very different vibe (lots of latin & rap music, dancing) than the Rent, but it reminded me of when our lots were full. The stadium is awesome. They were there for the Dolphins/Giants game yesterday and said it was PACKED. They got last-minute tickets for fifty bucks.

Reaction Score
I was in Fort Lauderdale for Thanksgiving visiting my oldest daughter and her wife, and we joined her large group tailgating at the UM vs. VA Tech game at Hard Rock Stadium. There was a good crowd, and the tailgating scene was a PARTY. Very different vibe (lots of latin & rap music, dancing) than the Rent, but it reminded me of when our lots were full. The stadium is awesome. They were there for the Dolphins/Giants game yesterday and said it was PACKED. They got last-minute tickets for fifty bucks.
The tailgating set up is great. You just have to make sure you drive in with the people you like to tailgate with, because the parking people put you into whichever spot is the next open one. And yesterday was pretty good, the NY teams always bring a crowd, and the Dolphins current win streak has people getting excited about their future (maybe even present).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom