2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

Reaction Score
Back home to Texas?
Not sure. She was strongly considering Old Dominion then followed Coach McCray-Penson to Mississippi State. The concern has been whether she is quick enough to defend shooting guards at this level and if she could get her shot off quick enough. However my understanding is she is a great kid with an outstanding work ethic.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Madison Greene will miss the season after suffering a knee injury that requires surgery. Big loss for Ohio State.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm watching Cal vs. Sacramento State and Sac's 6'5" Isnelle Natabou immediately caught my eye.

A soph from the Czech Republic of African descent who transferred from a JUCO in Iowa. Very little info online except an old post here that Jasmine Lister followed her on social media.

Looks like a steal for Sac! A program that averaged over 20 losses/year the past 5 seasons! She has a strong 6'5" frame w/ long arms, very agile/athletic, can run the floor, and seemed to have good coordination finishing inside. Jumped out to a quick 8 pts 4 rbs in the first quarter before finishing w/ 13 & 8.

Recall Sac State landed Oregon's Associate HC Mark Campbell in the off-season who brought w/ him a couple other high profile Ducks (assistants Xavier Lopez and Minyon Moore) and perhaps a relationship w/ Natabou who might've been on Oregon's radar.

I did find that Natabou played some FIBA ball w/ the Czech U20 team and was 7th nationally for JUCO players in field goal percentage at 61%.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke released its tax form data from the 2019 fiscal year. Of WCBB interest, former Coach JP McCallie's compensation was $1.445 million ... a slight bump from 2018's total compensation of $1.366 million @CamrnCrz1974

giphy.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

The irony of a player named Loyal transferring. :rolleyes:

This in combination with Fletcher being out for the season due to injury might be crippling to the Jackets. Mcqueen started 21 games last year.. and was the team's 4th leading scorer.

Reaction Score
The irony of a player named Loyal transferring. :rolleyes:
Talk about being cursed....or needing to change your name lol
Originally committed to NC and then Hatchel got fired. De-committed and then made official visits to Ky (coach retired), Miss. St. (coach left and new coach also left), and GT before committing to GT - which she is now leaving! Also offered by Purdue(coach retired), Tx Tech (lol), TCU, Ole Miss, VT, and NC State.

Reaction Score
#12 Michigan 62-48 over Mississippi State. The two big stats that stuck out were Mississippi State’s 6 assists to their 13 and them out rebounding MSU 47-33. Midway in the third quarter MSU went down by 7 and kept hovering around that until Michigan pushed it out to 9 then double digits. After that MSU started taking rushed shots from three point range or contested jumpers.
MSU had 2 points off the bench compared to 33 for Michigan and MSU lost second chance points 4 to 17.
Overall my concern is this is the scenario that is going to play out against the better teams in the conference. MSU is playing hard but has no length in key areas.

Reaction Score
Oregon gets commitment from 6-1 '23 wing Sofia Bell of St. Mary's Academy, Portland. Four stars.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom