2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

Reaction Score
Seriously. The list of ACL injuries reported before the season starts is alarming. I know women are more prone to this type of injury, however the frequency of this being reported seems a lot higher than previous seasons.

Reaction Score
Seriously. The list of ACL injuries reported before the season starts is alarming. I know women are more prone to this type of injury, however the frequency of this being reported seems a lot higher than previous seasons.
This thread seems to be turning into The Injury Report. :(

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anybody know why Diamond Miller hasn't been playing as yet?
I think someone on here posted about it, can’t remember who. But she is day-to-day with knee pain. Just going to rest her while they still can.

Reaction Score
She can play if needed. She is not playing as a precautionary matter. I think she is going to rest a lot until the Baylor game. The Terps averaged 122.5 ppg in the exhibitions so they can afford to rest her for awhile.
Glad they can afford to do so. She's had a couple busy off-seasons with her participation with USA Basketball in addition to the regular schedule these players have. Let her rest while others get the time and develop.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kathy Delaney-Smith (via this post from Raoul and a Harvard press release) has announced her retirement from Harvard, effective after this year. Kudos for an absolutely stellar run in Cambridge.

Will be interesting to see who is interested in/gets this position. For instance, is this the kind of position former Duke Coach Gail Ann Goestenkors looks at? Or is there another Carla Berube in the NESCAC that could step up to D-1?

Interesting ND tie-in: she and Muffet McGraw were very good friends and would often hang together while making the AAU tourney and prospect evaluation rounds.

Last edited:

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Taylor Mikesell was granted immediate eligibility for the second straight year
I'm generally in favor of granting student-athletes maximum flexibility and agency over their situation. God knows the NCAA rules have worked against them for too long. But you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. When is the NCAA going to enforce their own rules???

Reaction Score
I'm generally in favor of granting student-athletes maximum flexibility and agency over their situation. God knows the NCAA rules have worked against them for too long. But you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. When is the NCAA going to enforce their own rules???
If she graduated from Oregon and they were just sorting out the paperwork, I’m fine with immediate eligibility. But if not …

Reaction Score
So, a few things. It looks like Alisha Davis, the former Big Sky Player of the Year is now playing at CSU Pueblo after transferring from Northern Colorado.

In other news, North Carolina lost some major contributors as they look to keep pace with Duke with Teonni Key and Ariel Young both suffering ACL's.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Several years ago there seemed to a higher number than usual of ACL injuries mid season (I think 3 Pac 12 players all were injured during one weekend). This year we are seeing a huge spike of injuries right before the season officially begins. Hate seeing this.

Reaction Score
Several years ago there seemed to a higher number than usual of ACL injuries mid season (I think 3 Pac 12 players all were injured during one weekend). This year we are seeing a huge spike of injuries right before the season officially begins. Hate seeing this.
Been saying the same. I fear the same could be possible with high school sports as well.

How is the topic of ACL and injury prevention managed at the HS/AAU level in the US? I know here in Canada, it's hit and miss depending on the generation the coach comes from, along with their diligence with staying current.

My daughter's rep team coach was really sensitive to it. He introduced them to warm up routines and movement drills that encouraged proper form. It seemed unique in comparison to the teams they played against.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I almost asked if any Bruin fans had heard because I hadn’t seen it anywhere officially last night but confirmed that Gina Conti (UCLA guard transferred from Wake Forest, from central ohio) had surgery on her foot and will be out (I heard) until possibly February but this tweet says “several weeks”

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
All-American Ashley Joens has not been practicing since rolling her ankle in the first minute of ISU's exhibition game. Probably won't play in the season opener tomorrow.

Reaction Score
She better get well quickly. South Dakota State is coming to town in a week. This doesn't surprise me though based on the rumblings I've been hearing.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She better get well quickly. South Dakota State is coming to town in a week. This doesn't surprise me though based on the rumblings I've been hearing.
Rumblings?

Reaction Score
Freshman Jasmine Shavers has entered the transfer portal from Mississippi State. She played eight minutes in the exhibition game last week which was the lowest on the team.

Reaction Score
Freshman Jasmine Shavers has entered the transfer portal from Mississippi State. She played eight minutes in the exhibition game last week which was the lowest on the team.
Back home to Texas?

Reaction Score
Maybe the Mississippi State coach should have called all the parents and talk to them about playing time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom