2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Exactly. That’s why I posted it. Odd, especially since she hasn’t been at work since March.
Several things. She hasn't been at work since April, after the contract extension, at least according to the other article. The extension was in April.

Part of it is for recruiting purposes, of course. Blair is 75. If you know the coach with the reputation is retiring, would you come anyway?

Also, RU is in a tough place; while it has been modest, RU has been generally successful of late after a really disappointing period (yes, there are folks disappointed now, but comparatively things have been better since RU upgraded their facilities). Vivian's name is still a "goodwill" generator, and it sends a terrible message if you were to fire a hall of famer or a coach who has returned to the NCAA's and 20 win seasons.

Of course the long time away is certainly an issue. It tends to make me wonder if she really was doing much day-to-day stuff in any case, or just providing high level direction. As I said in an earlier post, I kind of understand - she has had health issues, her daughter is way past her anticipated life expectancy based on her health issues, and again we are not in her shoes. But it will be interesting to see what transpires.

Although the mostly negative thread was deleted on the Rutgers board, several folks who know about such things posted that she probably has a year's worth of sick days accumulated in her lengthy career at Rutgers, based on University policies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Quick question if anyone knows - Tekia Mack transferred from Rutgers to DePaul for her "extra" Covid season, but does not appear on the DePaul roster per the RU message board.

Any DePaul followers know what happened?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quick question if anyone knows - Tekia Mack transferred from Rutgers to DePaul for her "extra" Covid season, but does not appear on the DePaul roster per the RU message board.

Any DePaul followers know what happened?
I asked the same question in another thread yesterday. Eerie timing. Haven't seen any responses yet.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I asked the same question in another thread yesterday. Eerie timing. Haven't seen any responses yet.
I saw on twitter, from Raoul, that Tekia Mack had a career-ending injury. I haven't seen it reported elsewhere so I can't verify the validity, usually Raoul is credible though. But that is the current rumble about Mack's situation.

Reaction Score
Cal player Karisma Ortiz will miss the season.

Michigan state players Tory Ozment and Julia Ayrault suffered season ending injuries

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Another ACL for the Hawkeyes. :( Wetering had a concussion last season that sidelined her for a while and by the time she was healthy again the season was too far along for her to have any chance to crack the rotation. Now an ACL. Just reminds you what a crapshoot sports can be and to always count good health as a blessing.

Reaction Score
Another ACL for the Hawkeyes. :( Wetering had a concussion last season that sidelined her for a while and by the time she was healthy again the season was too far along for her to have any chance to crack the rotation. Now an ACL. Just reminds you what a crapshoot sports can be and to always count good health as a blessing.

A sad start to the season for the Hawkeyes. I hope everyone else can stay healthy!

Reaction Score
Mississippi State’s Coach Novak hired Bob Thornton for the open assistant position. I’ve only seen it on Twitter so here is the article from his last hiring. Evidently he specializes in coaching post players.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Hate to hear that Suarez is out for the season. She was a decent spark for the team in a few games last year that I saw.

Never like to see or hear about injuries to these young people before the season even tips off.

Reaction Score
South Florida's WBB program hit by NCAA with a one-year show-cause for head coach including a 15 hour suspension from practices during the regular season as a result of infractions.

Reaction Score
Nebraska sophomore naliah Dillard will miss the season due to a knee injury. She also missed the 2020-2021 season

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Several things. She hasn't been at work since April, after the contract extension, at least according to the other article. The extension was in April.

Part of it is for recruiting purposes, of course. Blair is 75. If you know the coach with the reputation is retiring, would you come anyway?

Also, RU is in a tough place; while it has been modest, RU has been generally successful of late after a really disappointing period (yes, there are folks disappointed now, but comparatively things have been better since RU upgraded their facilities). Vivian's name is still a "goodwill" generator, and it sends a terrible message if you were to fire a hall of famer or a coach who has returned to the NCAA's and 20 win seasons.

Of course the long time away is certainly an issue. It tends to make me wonder if she really was doing much day-to-day stuff in any case, or just providing high level direction. As I said in an earlier post, I kind of understand - she has had health issues, her daughter is way past her anticipated life expectancy based on her health issues, and again we are not in her shoes. But it will be interesting to see what transpires.

Although the mostly negative thread was deleted on the Rutgers board, several folks who know about such things posted that she probably has a year's worth of sick days accumulated in her lengthy career at Rutgers, based on University policies.
Exactly; they're not going to run off a legend. I can vouch for sick leave; I've been with the same company for 27 years and I'm over my max bank of 960 hours of sick leave. Then I have young employees who have to take leave without pay because they call in sick at the drop of a hat and have no leave.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom