2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2021-22 Non-UConn WBB News

Reaction Score
How many years were added?

ADs get themselves into trouble sometimes giving gratuitous extensions.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
How many years were added?

ADs get themselves into trouble sometimes giving gratuitous extensions.
Yes they do. Notre Dame and Charlie Weis is the one that immediately comes to mind.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure where to put this but I assume if a player's name is on this list then they are not using their last year of eligibility if they have any

20220402_131432.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure how the MEAC survives if this comes to fruition :(

The MEAC will survive. They have had programs leave before. Probably not on the level of Howard but there are programs that will, if it is a right fit, look forward to joining the MEAC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The MEAC will survive. They have had programs leave before. Probably not on the level of Howard but there are programs that will, if it is a right fit, look forward to joining the MEAC.

Yeah, but they have lost their top 3 programs in the past two years, including two founding members. They are down to five football playing schools. Can't see a predominately white institution leaving its present conference to join a HBCU league. It costs alot of money to move up from Division II to Division I, not sure if any CIAA has the funds or willingness to move up. There have been rumors of Virginia State as a possibility.... but we will see.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I could see Benedict move up to D1 and join the MEAC. I would actually like that since it would mean USC and Benedict could have intra-city games in every sport. If Benedict played at USC EOY in football it would definitely make their budget.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I could see Benedict move up to D1 and join the MEAC. I would actually like that since it would mean USC and Benedict could have intra-city games in every sport. If Benedict played at USC EOY in football it would definitely make their budget.

I'm not sure why they would want to move up. I was gonna say the CIAA would be more on their level, but see they are in the SIAC already... so no reason to join the CIAA. They don't have much in common with the MEAC schools which would be all public institutions ( if Howard leaves).

Speaking of SC schools.... I was stunned to see how small SC State is in terms of total enrollment. I just assumed they were similar in level to their NC land grant brethren (NC A&T)... but A&T has 13,000 students and growing.. will SC State only has a little above 2,000. I wonder if they would look at joining the SIAC if the MEAC ceases to exist in the future.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm not sure why they would want to move up. I was gonna say the CIAA would be more on their level, but see they are in the SIAC already... so no reason to join the CIAA. They don't have much in common with the MEAC schools which would be all public institutions ( if Howard leaves).

Speaking of SC schools.... I was stunned to see how small SC State is in terms of total enrollment. I just assumed they were similar in level to their NC land grant brethren (NC A&T)... but A&T has 13,000 students and growing.. will SC State only has a little above 2,000. I wonder if they would look at joining the SIAC if the MEAC ceases to exist in the future.
Benedict and SC State as rivals go way back, so I could see it. Benedict has an FCS worthy football stadium not far from where I live. In fact, every fall I can hear their marching band practicing.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee just picked up some player. More info to come.

Reaction Score
It's probably the former Missouri St player, Jasmine Franklin. Though no definite word yet.
That's speculation over on VN . They dont even know lol just throwing out names of whom they think it is because Kellie tweeted "Boom" lol smh

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The last time news broke of Tennessee getting a player. That turned out to be good news.

Reaction Score
Not sure where to put this but I assume if a player's name is on this list then they are not using their last year of eligibility if they have any

View attachment 75198

Oh wow.. There's someone on this list from Voorhees College. That's an itty bitty little college in an itty bitty little town called Denmark in SC. Less than 500 students.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom