2020 Spring Practice is here (February 4 -> March 6th) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2020 Spring Practice is here (February 4 -> March 6th)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought Colin McCarthy was a defensive End?
We'll see how he develops. I put him inside for now so that I didn't have to make a fifth column. He seemed to be the most "inside" of the outside guys in the non two deep.

Reaction Score
I like Jonathan but he has had injuries since he is here and hasn't garnered the playing time due to that. If he has been passed by other guys that bodes well for the D line. I could see him as a pulling guard but really liked him on the DL. Not sure he can fill out to be an OT.
He was listed at 6'5 277lbs last year.. He's a got a few years left here.. I'm sure he'll be up to 300lbs in no time; especially as an OL....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, plus the DL unit is the most crowded unit we have - which might look like this even after moving Pace to OL:

DE151Kevon JonesPierce DeVaughn (RS)TJ Gardner (RS)Marques Alexander*
DTTravis JonesDalmonte Gourdine (RS)Colin McCarthyJesse Polansky (fr-wo)
DT*Caleb Thomas (RS)Lwal UguakJustin MooreQuay Evans
DEDillion Harris (SR/JUCO)Eric WattsCarter Hooper*Nick Harris

didn’t we intro the 3-3-5 because we thought we couldn’t recruit DL?:rolleyes:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Moving Pace to OL helps fill a depth need and balances out the numbers.

Reaction Score
I haven’t watched the clip yet, but I will say this, reading the twitter leaves- I get the impression Gill is a WO they expect to contribute if he sticks around for his remaining eligibility.

Could he be the next Welker, Edelman or Amendola? At least size wise...............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hey is Omar Fortt still on team? Thought he was one of our better defenders based on 3 year production. What about Jordan Morrison at stat position?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200214-162812_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200214-162812_Twitter.jpg
    896.8 KB · Views: 144
Reaction Score
ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 1h
After week 1 it's been Steven Krajewski with 1's, Jack Zergiotis with 2's & Miles Foerster with 3's during 11-on-11 work #UConnFootball

Micah Leon is throwing & done some 7-on-7, but is limited as he returns from shoulder surgery & has not taken snaps in 11-on-11 this spring

Final scholarship QB on roster, true freshman Jonathan Senecal, is at spring practice, but out until camp (knee surgery) #UConnFootball

Reaction Score

>>Moyseenko noted strengths of all three quarterbacks as well as areas where each can improve. Zergiotis had impressive moments but also sloppy ones last season. Krajewski “has a really good skillset" for the offense UConn wants to run but must find consistency. Leon is resilient and hard-working but hasn’t been tested in game situations. Even Jonathan Senecal, a freshman from Montreal who is recovering from a torn ACL, has impressed Moyseenko with his intelligence and competitiveness. <<

>With four-year starting tackle Matt Peart having graduated and four other key offensive linemen (Nino Leone, Cam DeGeorge, Stanley Hubbard and Robert Holmes) having left the program to transfer, the Huskies are left to sort through limited options up front. Returning starters Ryan Van Demark and Christian Haynes appear almost certain to man left tackle and right guard, respectively, come this fall, while Dylan Niedrowski looks likely to start at left guard.

That leaves two positions at which, if spring practices are an indication, competition could come down to a returning player and a junior-college transfer. At center, Peter Rooney is the returner, while Sidney Walker is the JuCo arrival. At right tackle, Chase Lundt is the returner, while Alexander Wyant is the newcomer. All four players have seen time with the first team this spring.<<

Alternate access link here<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom