2020 Spring Practice is here (February 4 -> March 6th) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020 Spring Practice is here (February 4 -> March 6th)

Reaction Score
Does it seem like the same information is being recycled again. When can we hear From the DC and specifically the linebacking group. We have heard from all groups and coaches except them.

Reaction Score
Does it seem like the same information is being recycled again.

When can we hear From the DC and specifically the linebacking group. We have heard from all groups and coaches except them.

DC/LB Spanos interviewed on February 11th here: 2020 Spring Practice is here (February 4 -> March 6th).

There is also a DJ Morgan interview back a page or so on the 11th and ones w/ LBs Mitchell here and Ganyi here and STAR position coach Jarren Horton last week here.

Reaction Score
Does it seem like the same information is being recycled again. When can we hear From the DC and specifically the linebacking group. We have heard from all groups and coaches except them.

let's hope by the 5th post you're able to learn how to read earlier posts.

Reaction Score
I agree with you if your not in the click and b4 I forget, buy the way the star position is not a LB gioff2323. It's a hybrid safety in the box position.

Reaction Score
I agree with you if your not in the click and b4 I forget, buy the way the star position is not a LB gioff2323. It's a hybrid safety in the box position.
I'll give the star position a name.. I call it the "Palomalu"

Reaction Score

thank you for clarifying a point I never made.

Reaction Score
Spring game is just another opportunity for someone to get hurt. This program doesn't have the bodies to take that chance just so a couple thousand die-hards can see a mock game. The big football powers can get away with it because they have much greater depth at each position. The climate is warmer, the fan base is massive(some schools could probably get away with selling tickets to a spring game) and the coaches might actually get something out of a game simulation watching how the rookies react. UConn just doesn't have the numbers(bodies and fans) to make a Spring game productive.

I think Edsall has this one right. Get the Spring session over before Spring Break and give the athletes more time to heal and work on getting stronger, faster.

Reaction Score
love to hear we have a tailback with very good speed.
Something we have been lacking.
AND he has some more size to him, which we needed... he's not that under the radar 5'7 160 something lb slight bell cow that we leaned on before. young man's solid... and will probably get even more solid through the next few years...

Reaction Score
Spring game is just another opportunity for someone to get hurt. This program doesn't have the bodies to take that chance just so a couple thousand die-hards can see a mock game. The big football powers can get away with it because they have much greater depth at each position. The climate is warmer, the fan base is massive(some schools could probably get away with selling tickets to a spring game) and the coaches might actually get something out of a game simulation watching how the rookies react. UConn just doesn't have the numbers(bodies and fans) to make a Spring game productive.

I think Edsall has this one right. Get the Spring session over before Spring Break and give the athletes more time to heal and work on getting stronger, faster.

It is back to Edsall's philosophy

When … back in the day … we made Bowl games, he accelerated training and strategy tests for younger guys into the few weeks before the bowl. He has now used this Spring practice routine for that purpose. No game … there will be lots of scrimmages in August - he hasn't changed that.

Reaction Score

Completely disagree with this take. The spring game is a scrimmage. Like many of the scrimmages they have in practice - if the concern is injury then reduce number of practice scrimmages by one.

The no spring game is one of the dumbest concepts. UCONN football is hurting for interest. Have the spring game to promote it. Have women’s and men’s basketball teams have autograph session to get some crossover appeal. Have a fan fest.

Just mind boggling. But par for the course for this coaching staff, athletic department, and administration.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom