Reaction Score

ESPN put out their new 2020 rankings.
Cam Thomas at 20
Jabri Abdur-Rahim at 28
Mark Williams at 32
Andre Jackson at 47
Cliff Omoruyi at 51
Andre Curbelo at 57
Justin Lewis at 59 (don't know if we're recruiting him?)
Hassan Diarra at 65
Demarr Langford at 78
Matt Cross at 91
Jamal Mashburn at 92 (don't know if we're recruiting him?)
Noah Collier at 95

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

ESPN put out their new 2020 rankings.
Cam Thomas at 20
Jabri Abdur-Rahim at 28
Mark Williams at 32
Andre Jackson at 47
Cliff Omoruyi at 51
Andre Curbelo at 57
Justin Lewis at 59 (don't know if we're recruiting him?)
Hassan Diarra at 65
Demarr Langford at 78
Matt Cross at 91
Jamal Mashburn at 92 (don't know if we're recruiting him?)
Noah Collier at 95
Really strange that staff hasn’t put more time into centers. Even if we land Manuel, He’ll be an upper classman by the time 2020 rolls around.

Reaction Score
Hassan Diarra is growing on me but if Gilbert stays I’m not sure if we’ll bring in another guard. Our depth at guard would be Gilbert, Cole, Adams, Gaffney, and Bouknight.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
They are after a bunch for 2020 class.
But the focus has been on the wings. No?
Hassan Diarra is growing on me but if Gilbert stays I’m not sure if we’ll bring in another guard. Our depth at guard would be Gilbert, Cole, Adams, Gaffney, and Bouknight.
I think we bring in another guard regardless, 2020 kids will all be signed by the time AG makes his decision, it’s going to be based on how he does next year. Also we can carry 6 guards because Hurley plays a lot of 3 guard lineups. If we don’t then we run the risk of carrying only 4 guards in a guard heavy system, One of which being Adams who didn’t show us much last year.

C

Chief00

I think we bring in another guard regardless, 2020 kids will all be signed by the time AG makes his decision, it’s going to be based on how he does next year. Also we can carry 6 guards because Hurley plays a lot of 3 guard lineups. If we don’t then we run the risk of carrying only 4 guards in a guard heavy system, One of which being Adams who didn’t show us much last year.
You know Chief likes Bigs, but I don’t think there will be many years that Danny won’t bring in at least one guard.

Reaction Score

In that case, give me Hassan Diarra. Tough kid who works hard and isn’t afraid to put a team on his back. Diarra, Jackson, and Collier are 3 guys I could see us getting.

Reaction Score
We need a knockdown shooter. Anywhere but PG. Preferably a big wing or 4. Think a better version of polley. Akok with more handles.

If we're going to be bringing in Jackson, we need a shooter to open the floor.

A super talented big would be okay too--manuel is capable of playing the 4

Reaction Score
In that case, give me Hassan Diarra. Tough kid who works hard and isn’t afraid to put a team on his back. Diarra, Jackson, and Collier are 3 guys I could see us getting.

All nice players but none of the 3 can shoot it according to many scouting reports. That can’t happen. Have to bring in people who can make shots and if 3 then 2 have to shoot it a little at least.

Reaction Score
All nice players but none of the 3 can shoot it according to many scouting reports. That can’t happen. Have to bring in people who can make shots and if 3 then 2 have to shoot it a little at least.

Agree. If we get Jackson soon, we need a shooter in the class at the 1-4, or a talented big

Reaction Score

Yeah, agree. Not saying that’s my ideal class or anything, just that those are 3 guys I could see us getting.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Not being able to shoot increase the degree of difficulty in the game. Good shooters make the game easier - we have struggled too much recently not to give us the best path toward victory. That means bring in some shooters.
Seems like every single national championship team of late has had multiple lights out shooters, and that was their biggest advantage.

Reaction Score

I don’t believe we have. I think it’s due to our guard depth. If we only have 3 scholarships next season (if Gilbert stays) the staff will go after Andre Jackson, a shooter, and a big. If Gilbert leaves, we will almost definitely bring in a guard for 2020 and Diarra would be a likely option.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe we have. I think it’s due to our guard depth. If we only have 3 scholarships next season (if Gilbert stays) the staff will go after Andre Jackson, a shooter, and a big. If Gilbert leaves, we will almost definitely bring in a guard for 2020 and Diarra would be a likely option.
If Gilbert stays, we could have only 2 scholarships. If Manuel comes.

Reaction Score

Yeah...feel like the timing could be tricky here. Diarra seems like a likely target if Gilbert leaves, but we may not know Gilbert’s decision prior to when Diarra will be ready to commit. If we’re only giving out 2 ships, the priority seems to be a wing and a big, rather than a guard.

Reaction Score
Do you think getting Manuel would still be in our best interest? Is Carlton, Akok, +20-25lb and determined Whaley, and Polley/Wilson for the big/small ball 4 rotation enough?

Reaction Score
with the 3 pt line getting moved back snipers will be even more valuable. bodes well for hurley's three guard lineups.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom