2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 64 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Remember those who come in early count on last years class and not next years. That mean the more that come in early the better for next year for the 2020 class
That's the KEY bro! Would nice to bring in 5 kids NOW, yes?

Reaction Score
Texas JUCO OL Sidney Walker...

Reminder, this young man's a Center. Gotta think he picks up where Leone leaves off should he commit after this weekend. And he should be an early entry guy

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Coach Weiss in the Florida panhandle today. Only 2020 recruit in the area is Eric Young from Pine Forest HS.

Plenty of 2021 and 2022 talent to look at while he is in area.

FB page for the school below also shows Troy University and Nebraska having coaches visit today as well.

View attachment 48791

Looks like he may have been looking at Ja'Kobi Jackson, a RB/LB.

Jackson says he's been getting sniffs from UConn and WVU.
MVP of regional All-star game with two rushing TD's. He is by no means a breakaway threat. A real bruiser who drags a pile and knows how to get yards when the field is right. Great hands for an RB.
I think he's a much better LB prospect with his physicality.
"Jackson picked up MVP honors by rushing for two first-half touchdowns, a continuation of the regular-season form that made him one of the area’s most dangerous rushers. Jackson finished with 1,592 all-purpose rushing yards in Catholic’s run-centric offense.
He’ll next turn his focus to basketball season and work on football recruiting in the background. Jackson said UConn and West Virginia have been on his radar recently.
Everything is going good with recruiting, I’m actually just relaxing and waiting,” Jackson
said. “I’m not in a rush because I’m very confident in what I’ve got. I’m just waiting."

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That's the KEY bro! Would nice to bring in 5 kids NOW, yes?
We have brought in the max number of kids the last two cycles, so I don’t think we can gain anything this year by using the Jan enrollment trick. That trick works if say in the prior year you brought in 21, then the coming year you could carry those unused four slots forward to the next class if those four enroll in January thus allowing for 29 kids (25+4 early enrollees that count towards the prior year). We had the full 25 last year and the prior year.

Reaction Score
We have brought in the max number of kids the last two cycles, so I don’t think we can gain anything this year by using the Jan enrollment trick. That trick works if say in the prior year you brought in 21, then the coming year you could carry those unused four slots forward to the next class if those four enroll in January thus allowing for 29 kids (25+4 early enrollees that count towards the prior year). We had the full 25 last year and the prior year.
We're screwed

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Luke Haggard also posted this moments ago about Indiana. Looks like he managed to visit two schools in one weekend. He doesn’t seem to have an Indiana offer just yet, but must be high in the list considering he made the effort to visit.

Looking at his tape, seems to have a lot of potential to step in right away.

Reaction Score
Haggard made serious moves this weekend. BUT sounds like a no brainers to me. #UConn. IU hasn't offered

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
UConn offers Alex Wyant - 6'6 295lb OT from Costa Mesa Junior College in Orange County CA. Alex is a 3 for 2 grad. He also has an offer from Fresno State from spring and an offer from Morehead State. Alex claims a 4.9 40 time which is fast for a big man. He named 2nd Team All Conference for the Orange Empire Conference in 2019. Looks like he visited this weekend.

Alex Wyant - Sophomore Season 2019

Reaction Score
UConn offers Alex Wyant - 6'6 295lb OT from Costa Mesa Junior College in Orange County CA. Alex is a 3 for 2 grad. He also has an offer from Fresno State from spring and an offer from Morehead State. Alex claims a 4.9 40 time which is fast for a big man. He named 2nd Team All Conference for the Orange Empire Conference in 2019. Looks like he visited this weekend.

Alex Wyant - Sophomore Season 2019

Who will be the 1st to commit. one spot is open for Haggard or Wyant

Reaction Score
Who will be the 1st to commit. one spot is open for Haggard or Wyant

having lost Deleone, DeGeorge, Holmes & Hubbard. With maybe one more OL than the original LOI plan - I’d say there might be more than one spot

Then. Transfer Portal - for kids really desired by other P5 or G5 universities - go quick. We don’t see any other activities. Taking 2 JuCo might be the deal

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom