2020 Recruiting Thread

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Still wondering why the lineman from Malvern was I saw at the game on Saturday.

My guess after looking at everything is William Redden 6'6" 290 lbs. three year starter and a top 200 recruit in PA.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Still wondering why the lineman from Malvern was I saw at the game on Saturday.

My guess after looking at everything is William Redden 6'6" 290 lbs. three year starter and a top 200 recruit in PA.
Well - did you notice two guys - because this guy was noticed:

As for William Redden, he does have several on the UConn staff following on twitter as well, so a pretty good sign.

Missed this the other day..

Isaiah DeLoatch is a 6-6 315lb OL from Shelton High School in Shelton CT.
I heard shelton has a lineman with offers from Penn State and Ohio State. Is this that kid?

Looking at our OL recruiting this year, seems like we are looking for guys with faster feet.
For both lines, does it also appear longer/taller bodies with more room to add pounds and strength are an increased recruiting focus?

I heard shelton has a lineman with offers from Penn State and Ohio State. Is this that kid?
hmmm

how many 6-6 305 pound kids could a town like Shelton have? He certainly stands out on film.

If it is, it's a big secret ;) DeLoatch doesn't seem to have a Rivals or 247 profile
Ok ok

this is in my wheelhouse

No surprise. In Connecticut & probably a bunch of other Northeastern states, kids (and their parents) just might be ignorant of the rivals, hudl, 247 ... or just not focus until into their Senior year. I’d call this cultural. It’s how there are kids like Zach Hurd or Matt Pearl today that just sprout up. In the South ... this kid would be extolled.

My brother was a solid d1 6-6 wing in hoop. His HS Coach - old school - wouldn’t lift a finger to find college scholarships. It’s just odd.

There's commit #3 of the 4 over the last several days. Kid fits the profile of a redshirt OT who will spend the next few years bulking up before we really see what he can do for us.

So, does this mean:
A. He doesn't have the confidence in himself to play at UConn's level; or
B. He doesn't have confidence that things will get better at UConn; or
C. He believes Sacred Heart's coaching, facilities, academic standing and schedule will best allow him to grow as a student and person and achieve his life's goals?

So, does this mean:
A. He doesn't have the confidence in himself to play at UConn's level; or
B. He doesn't have confidence that things will get better at UConn; or
C. He believes Sacred Heart's coaching, facilities, academic standing and schedule will best allow him to grow as a student and person and achieve his life's goals?
D. It means he wasn’t offered by UConn and decided to take Sacred Heart up on their offer before they move on?

E. Agreed
FWIW, and this is a bit of an embarrassment to what the powers that be in our athletic dept had done to our football program, knowing CCSU and Sacred Heart, at the FCS level, look like better football programs than us. Respect to those programs, but that should've never happened...

FWIW, and this is a bit of an embarrassment to what the powers that be in our athletic dept had done to our football program, knowing CCSU and Sacred Heart, at the FCS level, look like better football programs than us. Respect to those programs, but that should've never happened...
He had a Sacred Heart offer and a Merrimack offer (first year FCS after DII)?

So a kid who did not have an offer from us, who chose from one of two offers it appears he did have, somehow reflects on us? So this is true for every kid we do not offer who goes to some other school? Really not following this line of thinking...

So a kid who did not have an offer from us, who chose from one of two offers it appears he did have, somehow reflects on us? So this is true for every kid we do not offer who goes to some other school? Really not following this line of thinking...
Didn't mean that at all bro. Sometimes I think about things as I type and accidentally go into a different thought. My point is we gotta get our stuff together. CCSU & SHU seem to be doing, when we should be leading the way. We might look the part internally but the end result on the field year in and year out lately continues to show us in a totally different light. A not so good one. Am I wrong? If I am, show me how, please.

Last edited:
Didn't mean that at all bro. Sometimes I think about things as I type and accidentally go into a different thought. My point is we gotta get our stuff together. CCSU & SHU seem to be doing, when we should be leading the way. We might look the part internally but the end result on the field year in and year out lately continues to show us in a totally different light. A not so good one. Am I wrong? If I am, show me how, please.
No argument at all that we ain’t leading the way in football. (I guess we look a little less worse?)

No matter the details in the weeds for football; it’s a trainwreck right now. That’s the only honest evaluation regardless of whose fault it is.
Chief keeping it real.