2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 73 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Crownover is a great example of 1) Edsall's and staff's ability to recognize talent, and 2) the value of the early signing period where UConn wrap up recruiting of the top targets before getting poached by P5s.

UConn was close as he visited, but he just wasn't ready to commit. One thing we know is that Crownover's star rating will skyrocket. Makes me wonder if Oregon is taking a shot at his brother (4 star TE) who didn't commit in the early period

Currently Ernest has no star rating on 247.

His brother is a 2021 kid.

Reaction Score

Ennis Rakestraw is a 6-2 170lb DB from Duncanville High School in Duncanville Texas. Other offers from Air Force, ArkState, Army, Central Arkansas, Colorado State, Grambling, Illinois State, Liberty, Kansas, Missouri, North Texas, SMU, Tennessee State, Texas Southern, ULM, Washington State and Wyoming.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Just had to post this one, here’s a hudl video for Zac Elam, OC in Pinellas County FL. I only watched 5 minutes and in that time I think he has 20 bone crushing pancake blocks. Looks like he might get distracted out there on fulfilling personal goals. He had some offers flowing prior to his senior year, but then it trailed off. Only GA John Sibel is following this one on Twitter.

Reaction Score
Just had to post this one, here’s a hudl video for Zac Elam, OC in Pinellas County FL. I only watched 5 minutes and in that time I think he has 20 bone crushing pancake blocks. Looks like he might get distracted out there on fulfilling personal goals. He had some offers flowing prior to his senior year, but then it trailed off. Only GA John Sibel is following this one on Twitter.

yeah.. he's a bad bad man.. would love to have him on our squad...

Reaction Score
Howard County Maryland:

>>Nick Harris, Marriotts Ridge, senior.

A UConn commit, Harris broke out during the Mustangs’ Week 2 win against Wilde Lake when he had seven tackles, including two for loss, and a pair of sacks.

“He showed superior speed off the edge,” Lewis said. “He was a really explosive player that when he decided to turn it up there was not much anybody could do to stop him. He has a rare combination of size and speed that we don’t get much of at Marriotts Ridge.”

Harris finished the season with 41 tackles, including 24 solo and six for loss, and four sacks. He is the first early Division-I commit in program history.<<

Reaction Score

Someone must have told him to always finish what you start based on how many blocks he follows through on 10 yards or more downfield and how many guys he plants in the ground. One block had him push his man to the right and then he showed great agility bouncing back 3 or 4 yards to his left to knock a guy down. Likes to hit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Anthony Simpson - 5'11'' WR/DB/RB from Bloomfield named HC Offensive Player of the Year. Has offers from Central Connecticut, Merrimack and Wagner. Plans to sign in Feb. Has fluid movement, nice upside for whoever gets him. Would be a great PWO for us. Claims 4.53 speed. If we didn't have the dam 25 man cap I could see us offering.

Named one of the top 26 players in the state by the Connecticut High School Coaches Association. ... Named to Walter Camp All-Connecticut team. ... Earned All-CCC honors. ... Finished runner-up in Class S to Sheehan. ... Helped lead Bloomfield to a 12-1 record, undefeated regular season. ... Caught 75 passes for 1,249 yards and 19 touchdowns. ... Rushed for 1,242 yards and 24 touchdowns. ... Intercepted 10 passes on defense, returned two for touchdowns.

Reaction Score
Anthony Simpson - 5'11'' WR/DB/RB from Bloomfield named HC Offensive Player of the Year. Has offers from Central Connecticut, Merrimack and Wagner. Plans to sign in Feb. Has fluid movement, nice upside for whoever gets him. Would be a great PWO for us. Claims 4.53 speed. If we didn't have the dam 25 man cap I could see us offering.

Named one of the top 26 players in the state by the Connecticut High School Coaches Association. ... Named to Walter Camp All-Connecticut team. ... Earned All-CCC honors. ... Finished runner-up in Class S to Sheehan. ... Helped lead Bloomfield to a 12-1 record, undefeated regular season. ... Caught 75 passes for 1,249 yards and 19 touchdowns. ... Rushed for 1,242 yards and 24 touchdowns. ... Intercepted 10 passes on defense, returned two for touchdowns.

Is gray shirt a possibility here?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Is gray shirt a possibility here?
In the story he says he plans to sign in Feb. He might boost his stock to FBS material with a PG year. It works out for some (Khari Johnson for example at Suffield) and perhaps not for others (lots of kids on STM and Suffield as PGs that havent landed a better offers vs HS).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Ennis Rakestraw Jr continues to rack up offers; today Georgia, yesterday Baylor and Miami. Guess this kid is one of the best remaining in the eyes of many.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Eric Young, ATH, from Pine Forest High, who is listed as having a UConn offer, and Ja'Kobi Jackson who said UConn has shown interest in him, both make first team all-area for Western Panhandle.

Jackson was area co-MVP is a RB/LB.
Young's teammate, Von Hill, was second team and has multiple P5 offers.

Reaction Score
ND Transfer RB Tony Jones, Jr. would be a nice addition for us as well... He's in the transfer portal now too...

pretty sure he is entering the draft.

Attachments

• E46AE137-C267-4657-8196-3F1F96136529.png
    E46AE137-C267-4657-8196-3F1F96136529.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 161
Reaction Score
pretty sure he is entering the draft.
Yup... when I posted before there was speculation he was leaning towards transferring. Probably a good idea for him to move on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here's another WR/DB dude to watch; Kai Felder from Maryland. He has an odd story in that he committed to GT in November, but didn't sign on signing day. He didn't update his twitter account until a couple days after 12/18 to acknowledge GT wasnt happening. Some posters on one of the GT boards said he never had a commitable offer (yes, I used that term) and called it out weeks before signing day.

Zys and Moyseenko started following a few weeks ago. Felder just played in the Crab Bowl, Maryland's all star game.

He claims offers from GT, Buffalo, UT Chattanooga and Louisiana.

He visited Syracuse, Mid Tenn, Rutty over the fall. Looks like he hit the camp circle pretty well last spring/early summer.

This connection between UConn signee Marion and DB prospect Kai Felder remains a mystery....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom