2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 63 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I don’t know how many times I can say the same thing. You can only take on 25 new scholarships per year. The only exception is for PWOs converted to scholarship after two years in the program. The other trick that if in the prior year you took less than 25 you can take a few more the following year provided those kids over the 25 head count enroll in January. SMU must of had ability to do the- Jan enrollment trick. We took 25 last year so we don’t have capacity for the same trick.

Right now we are on track to 84 scholarship kids in 2020, but surely there will be more departures... my guess about 4-5 more putting us back to around 79 next year. This year we had 80 or so kids on scholarship.
Thanks for clearing that up... I didn't realize/understand how that worked. We're basically short changing ourselves year in and year out with how we've handled things... Not good.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
MA DL Chris Agyemang w/ quite a few UConn connects from over the years:

Yep, lot of twitter connections with this kid and the staff last off season.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how many times I can say the same thing. You can only take on 25 new scholarships per year. The only exception is for PWOs converted to scholarship after two years in the program. The other trick that if in the prior year you took less than 25 you can take a few more the following year provided those kids over the 25 head count enroll in January. SMU must of had ability to do the- Jan enrollment trick. We took 25 last year so we don’t have capacity for the same trick.

Right now we are on track to 84 scholarship kids in 2020, but surely there will be more departures... my guess about 4-5 more putting us back to around 79 next year. This year we had 80 or so kids on scholarship.
I gotta revisit this one bro... My question is how is that a FBS program is only alotted the usage of 25 schollies in one school year, whether it be a recruit from the HS, Prep, & JUCO levels, along with Transfers? Is it designed to work for only established programs?

Reaction Score
Reading tea leaves (and a strong legacy connection) - I don’t see him going anywhere.

>>McCarthy repeatedly praised the Jackson coaching staff, especially Rash, for his development into a player who will sign with an FBS program, the University of Connecticut, later this month. As Mistretta sees it, it was McCarthy’s willingness to be coached that made all the difference for him and the entire team.<<

Reaction Score

>>McCarthy repeatedly praised the Jackson coaching staff, especially Rash, for his development into a player who will sign with an FBS program, the University of Connecticut, later this month. As Mistretta sees it, it was McCarthy’s willingness to be coached that made all the difference for him and the entire team.<<

According to Rutgers board, trying to flip him.

Reaction Score
According to Rutgers board, trying to flip him.

Anything is possible w/ Schiano now @ Rutgers but Dad/Collin seem dialed in on Dad’s alma mater. Now if Schiano lands the copter on his lawn - I waffle.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Last recruiting weekend ahead of the early signing day and which immediately leads to a new quiet period... the period in which positional coaches sometimes reshuffle (remember Xmas for Diaco?).

Let’s keep our eyes peeled for visits. Crownover? Walker? Others? We shall see.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Nice quick story on Owen Snively. He lost his dad to cancer two years ago. Looks like a focused kid. He plans to take his five official visits with Pitt, Syracuse, JMU, UConn and one TBD (probably Rutty - who just offered).

Snively has over twenty offers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
247 has a story on UCLA recruiting which notes that UCLA very recently cancelled their visit plans for Huggard. The site also notes Huggard as visiting Indiana this weekend, not clear to me if he has an offer from Indiana.

Reaction Score
Another piece on Snively...

If you can’t access here are the key points:

>>Expect New Hampshire to be a place frequented by Power 5 schools come mid January because a developing offensive lineman is picking up Power 5 offers, and even more interest. Tilton (N.H.) School offensive guard prospect Owen Snively was offered by Syracuse during the season, and by Rutgers when an assistant coach was at the school Thursday.

Pittsburgh and Connecticut have also offered the 6-foot-4, 270-pound Snively, who is yet to make any official visits, and Cincinnati and N.C. State are also monitoring him. His lone in-season unofficial visit was to Connecticut.<<

>>No trips have been set up, but Snively wants to see several schools. “Obviously, now Rutgers would like be a top (school),” he said. “I’m thinking Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse and UConn.” Without visiting anywhere but UConn, Snively’s knowledge of the programs recruiting him is limited<<

He is not signing in December and all official visits will be in January (He’s taking his ACT this weekend so it’s out).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I feel like Snively could be molded into a Center. But if that stumbles - he’ll excel at OG.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Remember those who come in early count on last years class and not next years. That mean the more that come in early the better for next year for the 2020 class

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom