2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

C

Chief00

I’m sure he’s excited...
Thanks - Like his speed, tenacity for a little dude and work ethic. He has focus and always thinking how to get better. Decent student too, so no problem that way with our wonderful Admissions Dept. This one may move quickly.

C

Chief00

Bloomfield High School DE Kyle Davis

Another kid Chief really likes. Good size, athleticism and on field production. 3.5 GPA is pretty good also - an indicator that he takes care of business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
We got Chief posting in the third person on the football recruiting board. We’re in good shape now.

what do you think>? Too many offers in the Southern states?

Reaction Score
LOL... appears they have changed up the “commit edit” after the Dotson mess.

C

Chief00

what do you think>? Too many offers in the Southern states?
Trying to push my CT guys. With the focus on football down South - guys compared to potential - are more fully develop by their HS senior year. While in the northeast urban areas there is less focus and you can find guys with potential who are somewhat under-recruited compared to FL guys, who would have scores of offers from D1 schools. You obviously do both but Chief believes in investing more time/effort in these northeast kids. Many actually value a UConn offer. We need to make them early and close early.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Trying to push my CT guys. With the focus on football down South - guys compared to potential - are more fully develop by their HS senior year. While in the northeast urban areas there is less focus and you can find guys with potential who are somewhat under-recruited compared to FL guys, who would have scores of offers from D1 schools. You obviously do both but Chief believes in investing more time/effort in these northeast kids. Many actually value a UConn offer. We need to make them early and close early.

Well push your guys to camp. It seems Edsall loathes to offer instate kids that don't camp. After all, how serious are you about football if you can't make one of these five dates at your home state school?

As for your take on locals vs southerns. I just see a lot more size, speed and aggressive play with southern kids. While I understand your point, unfortunately I feel like many of the locals are really just PWO material. Especially after you get outside of the top 20 to 25 kids instate.

I'm still hoping Edsall can find the next Orlovsky. I'd say a few Danny O's have already walked on by in Will Levis in 2018 (reportedly played well in the Penn St spring game), David Summers in 2019 and now Tyler Van Dyke in 2020. A local instate QB success story would have the added benefit of possibility reengaging a lot of lost local fans.

Reaction Score
Well push your guys to camp. It seems Edsall loathes to offer instate kids that don't camp. After all, how serious are you about football if you can't make one of these five dates at your home state school?

As for your take on locals vs southerns. I just see a lot more size, speed and aggressive play with southern kids. While I understand your point, unfortunately I feel like many of the locals are really just PWO material. Especially after you get outside of the top 20 to 25 kids instate.

I'm still hoping Edsall can find the next Orlovsky. I'd say a few Danny O's have already walked on by in Will Levis in 2018 (reportedly played well in the Penn St spring game), David Summers in 2019 and now Tyler Van Dyke in 2020. A local instate QB success story would have the added benefit of possibility reengaging a lot of lost local fans.

You really have to parse this. I’m clearly not going to agree on the Offensive Line nor most often Defensive Line. The demographics are such that really prospective great talent can still be in the traditional way we have grabbed it. And found under rocks sometimes mid Senior year.

Each other position is in far more polished form in the South. However ... Camp does uncover a bunch

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So what’s our running list of notable prospects at camp today or at the school this weekend?

-Marques Alexander
-Tyrell Mims
-Carter Hooper
-Jaden Madison
-Connor Katz
-Jake Bilitz

Reaction Score
So what’s our running list of notable prospects at camp today or at the school this weekend?

-Marques Alexander
-Tyrell Mims
-Carter Hooper
-Jaden Madison
-Connor Katz
-Jake Bilitz

DE LB Austin Edmonds
FLA DB Albert Chea (Friday?)
PA RB DeAndrea Wakefield

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online