2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 70 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Thanks - I do it because we don't have much recruiting coverage (so we crowd source our own) and to help foster the discussion here.

So I'm not watching the presser right now where Edsall is likely to mention something about his plans for the remaining 5 slots.

My rough guess:
i) we'll take one more best available RB or WR (Crownover/Cobb/Wafer, someone),
ii) I'm praying for a HS LB or grad LB (if grad, might not happen until summer)
iii) one more OL (probably HS or a PG kid -someone that might project as a center),
iv) a grad corner (but would take the right HS corner)
v) last slot to be held until late August...need to hold it in case we have QB problems.

Replying to myself - here's Randy....I pretty much nailed it ;)...except Randy not planning to hold back for a summer QB....bold...

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 12.25.04 PM.png

Reaction Score
Linebacker availability alert from the loaded Gaffney HS program

This kid would fit one of the DB spots (of the 2) Edsall said he'd like to fill come February.... IMO, the rest should be filled via JUCO/Grad Transfer...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
#88 on the list - Kobe Wilson lands at Temple....had a very late one from his home state P5 university - Georgia...yet he flips from Memphis to Temple instead. 247 has no rating on this kid...

Reaction Score
Shuler at OLB and Cobbs at RB would nicely fill 2 of the 5 needs. It depends on whether Edsall needs a JUCO or transfer that will play immediately. From a scholarship standpoint, bring in appropriate grad transfers for a year would free up more scholarships for the next recruiting class.

Reaction Score
Clemson and the 2020 class...(Rivals)

....Clemson has more 5 stars (6) then the whole Big Ten (4).
Ohio State has (3)..Maryland (1).

Dabo is killing it...more 5 stars than the Big Ten, Big 12, and PAC 12 have as a conference.

Bama has more 5 and 4 stars combined than any other team (21), compared to Clemson's (19).

Reaction Score
Was really hoping for the Cobbs kid. He looks legit. Seeing as he was a late offer i wonder if they try to get him on campus for an official after his state championship game. Also what happened to Ali Barkley?

Reaction Score
Was really hoping for the Cobbs kid. He looks legit. Seeing as he was a late offer i wonder if they try to get him on campus for an official after his state championship game. Also what happened to Ali Barkley?

Recruiting Dead Period runs through January 16th...

Barkley hasn’t signed with anyone (nor does he have any offers that I can see).

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I hear Ali Barkley might not have the hunger his brother has... two different kids.

And looks like 247 has added all our signees... They will eventually assign a grade to most in the coming weeks. It appears a three star grade is coming down the pike for Fogle and Rochester (when they assign a grade a specific number doesn’t show for a few days, but the level assigned is indirectly revealed by the ordering presented on their site).

Reaction Score
Recruiting Dead Period runs through January 16th...

Barkley hasn’t signed with anyone (nor does he have any offers that I can see).
Got it. Wonder if they were expecting a commitment without the kid seeing campus or if he's been up before. Or if he is holding out for another offer. I'd like to see a bigger back.

Reaction Score
I still hope we can get a QB transfer from the portal (4 or 5 star coming out of HS/PrepSchool). Make that battle a little more interesting

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I still hope we can get a QB transfer from the portal (4 or 5 star coming out of HS/PrepSchool). Make that battle a little more interesting
Seems unlikely. Senencal is coming in January. That means we have a four way battle in spring ball; Leon, Steven Krajewski, Jack Zergiotis and the much hyped Senecal. And FWIW, Some insiders say that we shouldn’t dismiss Leon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom