2020 Recruiting Thread | Page 62 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
247 was spot on for this kid Glaze ... MD was his fav all along... Best of luck to him...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Yeah, Cole from a small rural town in western PA opts for small local St Francis (Northeast Conf - FCS) which is also in rural PA a couple hours from his home. I think a country boy decided to stay country.

Reaction Score
Have there been any recent pictures with Collin MCCarthy and our coaches(which would re-affirm his commitment in some ways)

Reaction Score
Have there been any recent pictures with Collin MCCarthy and our coaches(which would re-affirm his commitment in some ways)
Nothing I can see. I’m hoping the staff does a visit with him soon. Don’t want to lose another commit!

Reaction Score
Nothing I can see. I’m hoping the staff does a visit with him soon. Don’t want to lose another commit!

Reading tea leaves (and a strong legacy connection) - I don’t see him going anywhere.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
With nine slots left - my current guess how those might be filled by reading the tea leaves:

1) juco center - aiming for walker
2) juco rb - aiming for crownover
3) juco ol - aiming for baker or huggard
4) hs wr - aiming dollison, others might be in the mix; bush or wafer
5) hs ol - really need a hs center prospect- idk if they think snively or fournoy can become centers or they look elsewhere
6) wildcard tbd - best available opportunity at corner or lb
7) hold back for spring transfer needs - tbd
8) hold back for spring transfer need/opportunity - tbd
9) hold back to August transfer needs (qb?)

would really like to see us find a way to get another grad/ juco corner and LB.

don’t think we will get a second hs RB in this class. We will have to rely on the pwos for depth. We should be attractive to a decent rb pwo opportunity.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Cole from a small rural town in western PA opts for small local St Francis (Northeast Conf - FCS) which is also in rural PA a couple hours from his home. I think a country boy decided to stay country.
Congrats to him.. Considering where he committed, it's probably best for him and us... Don't think we have much room left for kids we have to build over a 5 year period...Time has pretty much run out for that.

Reaction Score
With nine slots left - my current guess how those might be filled by reading the tea leaves:

1) juco center - aiming for walker
2) juco rb - aiming for crownover
3) juco ol - aiming for baker or huggard
4) hs wr - aiming dollison, others might be in the mix; bush or wafer
5) hs ol - really need a hs center prospect- idk if they think snively or fournoy can become centers or they look elsewhere
6) wildcard tbd - best available opportunity at corner or lb
7) hold back for spring transfer needs - tbd
8) hold back for spring transfer need/opportunity - tbd
9) hold back to August transfer needs (qb?)

would really like to see us find a way to get another grad/ juco corner and LB.

don’t think we will get a second hs RB in this class. We will have to rely on the pwos for depth. We should be attractive to a decent rb pwo opportunity.
It feels like we've lost way way more that 25 scholly players bro... I was hoping we could pull off a SMU and score more than the 25 you've accounted for, between NOW (Spring semester) and when Fall camp starts... we need a few immediately eligible kids to step in and help us now if we want to be competitive in '20... We need serious help at RB, LB, OL, QB, S... We're extremely thin.. and I haven't even mentioned DE...

Reaction Score
Tyler Shannon waving @ the staff:

What are ur thoughts on this kids? The one thing that stands out to me about him is he's shown to be a leader on the field. Captain for 3 years... All league multiple years... Where's he a better fit at? OL? or DL?

Reaction Score
RB Kalenga Muganda (he’s been to UConn camp this past summer).

L:R: Muganda, DDC and PennState commit Malick Meiga (had a UConn offer).

Muganda's a Mensah clone in terms of build... but looks to be a shade bigger. not a rock like Mensah just yet... wait til he gets in the college weight room full time.. Would be a nice surprise commit 6 days from now. Looks to be tough to bring down in the open field and can give you that "chunk" play running the ball, which is something we need.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It feels like we've lost way way more that 25 scholly players bro... I was hoping we could pull off a SMU and score more than the 25 you've accounted for, between NOW (Spring semester) and when Fall camp starts... we need a few immediately eligible kids to step in and help us now if we want to be competitive in '20... We need serious help at RB, LB, OL, QB, S... We're extremely thin.. and I haven't even mentioned DE...
I don’t know how many times I can say the same thing. You can only take on 25 new scholarships per year. The only exception is for PWOs converted to scholarship after two years in the program. The other trick that if in the prior year you took less than 25 you can take a few more the following year provided those kids over the 25 head count enroll in January. SMU must of had ability to do the- Jan enrollment trick. We took 25 last year so we don’t have capacity for the same trick.

Right now we are on track to 84 scholarship kids in 2020, but surely there will be more departures... my guess about 4-5 more putting us back to around 79 next year. This year we had 80 or so kids on scholarship.

Reaction Score
I don’t know how many times I can say the same thing. You can only take on 25 new scholarships per year. The only exception is for PWOs converted to scholarship after two years in the program. The other trick that if in the prior year you took less than 25 you can take a few more the following year provided those kids over the 25 head count enroll in January. SMU must of had ability to do the- Jan enrollment trick. We took 25 last year so we don’t have capacity for the same trick.

Right now we are on track to 84 scholarship kids in 2020, but surely there will be more departures... my guess about 4-5 more putting us back to around 79 next year. This year we had 80 or so kids on scholarship.
And, a couple of scholarships could go to walk-ons that have been in the program for 2 years. I think there are 5 or 6 right now.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And, a couple of scholarships could go to walk-ons that have been in the program for 2 years. I think there are 5 or 6 right now.
I hear Gill stands out a bit as a WR in the WO group.... not sure about who else- could be others just don’t know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom