2020 off-season transfers | Page 45 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
To be clear, she'd made this decision on June 26, shortly before JPM's departure. The only news is Duke's official announcement.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
To be clear, she'd made this decision in on June 26, shortly before JPM's departure. The only news is Duke's official announcement. Kara Lawson's blessing.

FIFY

Reaction Score
Yes, Sara announced her commitment to Duke under JPM before Kara. Not sure if she was able to sign vs. just verbally commit hence maybe a factor in why Kara is OK with her continuing with Duke compared to the other transfer and high school recruits who have decommitted, or if Kara is OK with it b/c she'll only be there a year so not take up other spots longer term.

Reaction Score
With respect to lighter standards for approvals this season in comparison to the previous one, I believe they have said that they are attempting to compensate for the influence the virus will most certainly have on the coming season.. Last season they were very tight with their waivers to set an example and to re-establish some sort of standard.

Reaction Score
The NCAA doesn't always believe a transfer's sob story. Just because someone tells a story out on social media, that doesn't make it factual.

Any time you can create an ad hoc policy centering around NCAA suits deciding who has crafted the most credible sob story....you have to ... do that.

Reaction Score
At 6’6 with career highs of 6 points and 5 rebounds, Cochrane doesn’t sound like a power 5 player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At 6’6 with career highs of 6 points and 5 rebounds, Cochrane doesn’t sound like a power 5 player.

I think expectations were based on a strong game she played against US in the U17's

Reaction Score

Wasn't she a true freshman playing on a team with a WNBA starting front court and a fair amount of quality depth behind them?

Reaction Score
That was faster than a blink of the eye. Makes you wonder how much is going on behind the scenes prior to student-athlete even announcing their intent to transfer.

Sic’em

Reaction Score
That was faster than a blink of the eye. Makes you wonder how much is going on behind the scenes prior to student-athlete even announcing their intent to transfer.

Baylor needed some more punch for their guard play. That’s a very nice pick up up. I wonder if Jaden Owens gets a waiver since Mikesell got one.....

Reaction Score
Baylor needed some more punch for their guard play. That’s a very nice pick up up. I wonder if Jaden Owens gets a waiver since Mikesell got one.....
Our guards were fine! Didi, moon and J. Oliver would’ve been fine! But it’s nice to have Carrington and kamaria

Reaction Score
Our guards were fine! Didi, moon and J. Oliver would’ve been fine! But it’s nice to have Carrington and kamaria

I didn’t think otherwise but losing Cooper and Landrum, getting some more scoring punch was needed. Didi is terrific and one of the most valuable kids on the team but she isn’t a big scorer. I think moon plays a great role providing quality minutes off the bench but not sure she is a full time starter that Baylor wants. Carrington and Kamaria are terrific additions. Both bring experience and success from power 5 conferences. It also gives J. Oliver more time to develop

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wasn't she a true freshman playing on a team with a WNBA starting front court and a fair amount of quality depth behind them?
Makes you wonder why she would transfer if that’s the case, pretty clear she wasn’t expected to make an impact.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder why she would transfer if that’s the case, pretty clear she wasn’t expected to make an impact.

Prince and Sabally #2 were waiting in the wings. Giomi is a decent sub as a RS Sr. She probably would've been well down the list in the rotation as a Soph as well.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Prince and Sabally #2 were waiting in the wings. Giomi is a decent sub as a RS Sr. She probably would've been well down the list in the rotation as a Soph as well.
+ 2 6'4ish incoming freshmen that Graves is very high on (Kylie Watson and Angela Dugalic). Assuming everyone is healthy and the measurements are accurate, Oregon will have players at 6'7" (Prince), 6'6" (Giomi), 6'5" (N. Saballly), 6'4" (Watson and Dugalic) + a 6'5" work in progress recent transfer whose name I cannot recall. So I think Cochrane, who likely would be playing behind most, if not all, of the players named, made the right decision.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
+ 2 6'4ish incoming freshmen that Graves is very high on (Kylie Watson and Angela Dugalic). Assuming everyone is healthy and the measurements are accurate, Oregon will have players at 6'7" (Prince), 6'6" (Giomi), 6'5" (N. Saballly), 6'4" (Watson and Dugalic) + a 6'5" work in progress recent transfer whose name I cannot recall. So I think Cochrane, who likely would be playing behind most, if not all, of the players named, made the right decision.
Leaving was the right decision. Landing at Portland? That's like leaving Oregon WBB and ending up at Boise State or Cal Poly. :D

Reaction Score
Leaving was the right decision. Landing at Portland?...
This is the strange part. I get the longjam. We have all seen very good players get in a numbers situation. With her size and resume it’s a little perplexing that she ended up in Portland. Like one of the other posters stated, it could have been a comfort level with fellow Australian players already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom