2020 off-season transfers | Page 44 | The Boneyard

2020 off-season transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas Tech lands a transfer, although I don't get how she is eligible immediately:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Probably because she played no basketball last season while at Cal?
Only sat out starting in January 2020 (half-season); so, definitely didn't sit out an entire year.

Not sure where she was Fall 2019.

Reaction Score
Only sat out starting in January 2020 (half-season); so, definitely didn't sit out an entire year.

Not sure where she was Fall 2019.
Since she didn't play college ball for a year does it matter if she was only enrolled for half a year?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Since she didn't play college ball for a year does it matter if she was only enrolled for half a year?
Destiny Pitts didn't play the Spring semester at Minnesota; but, don't think that automatically makes her eligible at Texas A&M for Spring 2020.

Reaction Score
I'd say I want some of what ND and Oregon are having, but Stanford never takes transfers so I don't have much standing to complain. But for everyone else, ?!
Did Mikesell allege/prove sufficiently that Brenda was verbally abusive during her discussions with her players? There has been talk for years that she crosses the line with the content of what she angrily directs at the players in frustration at times.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I'd say I want some of what ND and Oregon are having, but Stanford never takes transfers so I don't have much standing to complain. But for everyone else, ?!
I posted about this on the other board. It makes no sense to me. And, as far as wanting what Oregon has: last year Sedona Prince had what was imo a real case and was turned down. To say that the NCAA works in ways beyond understanding is an understatement.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I posted about this on the other board. It makes no sense to me. And, as far as wanting what Oregon has: last year Sedona Prince had what was imo a real case and was turned down. To say that the NCAA works in ways beyond understanding is an understatement.
The NCAA doesn't always believe a transfer's sob story. Just because someone tells a story out on social media, that doesn't make it factual.

Reaction Score
The NCAA doesn't always believe a transfer's sob story. Just because someone tells a story out on social media, that doesn't make it factual.
You think she made the story up .... no wonder she left ut

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
You think she made the story up .... no wonder she left ut
Oooh . . . burn. :rolleyes:

NCAA denied her initial waiver request, and her appeal. No matter how differently she and Oregon spun it, NCAA didn't buy it.

She is suing NCAA for future earnings; never sued Texas for her supposed medical mistreatment . . .

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

NCAA denied her initial waiver request, and her appeal. No matter how differently she and Oregon spun it, NCAA didn't buy it.

She is suing NCAA for future earnings; never sued Texas for her supposed medical mistreatment . . .
Many people don't buy many of the decisions the NCAA makes.

Reaction Score

Regardless of what happened, why does a player need to sit for two full seasons?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, this is a huge one:

Huge blow to Penn State. She was by far their best player. Now that's 3 of their top 5 scorers from last year who have transferred. (They did pick up Niya Beverley from Wisconsin.)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Huge blow to Penn State. She was by far their best player. Now that's 3 of their top 5 scorers from last year who have transferred. (They did pick up Niya Beverley from Wisconsin.)
One (Karsima Ortiz) transferred to Texas after the 2018-19 season. Another, Lauren Ebo transferred to Texas this past off season. We're hoping they will put in a good word with Kamaria for us! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom