OT: - 2020 Master's | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: 2020 Master's

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Bryson and Brooks in the final group on Sunday and Brooks just stoning BDC.

For sentimental purposes, I also want to see Mike Weir make the cut at 50.

Wish granted. Weir playing the weekend.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hard to really offer recommendations w/o seeing who's at what tier. Since you mentioned you only get to pick one top 10 guy, that's a tough call. Morikawa would be in that group most likely, and I don't know if I'd pick him over Bryson (and I don't like Bryson either).

Dark horses down ballot (probably tiers 3-4 on your card) likely to make the cut include guys like Ancer, Hughes, Cantlay, Dahmen and Redman. I've used those guys in my pools this year with very good results.

Good calls with Cantlay and Ancer. (So Far).

Reaction Score
Is the MY GROUP function working? I selected a bunch of favorites, but when I choose my group, all I see is a message saying no new videos, even though my guys are on the course. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Solution: You have to keep that tab open for it to load data...if you switch to a different view it starts over
Wish they could track the entire group on the shot track map instead individual players.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good calls with Cantlay and Ancer. (So Far).
I didn't even consider that Hughes, Redman and Dahmen didn't qualify for the field. So bad calls there, lol.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Long ass day but DJ in command.

Augusta can be a fun course when all you need to do is make par.

Bunch of these guys now need to make a ton of birdies and this course bites hardest when you try try to force birdies when they aren't there to be had. Simple stuff like JT flying #15, Rahm's blow up on #8.
You know some of these chasers are going to shoot at the flag on 12 tomorrow. And we all know 1 or 2 of them are going to be short and roll back in to Rae's Creek.
Ancer looks like he has a great US Open game and will be around for years.Fairways and greens and doesn't put himself in low percentage locations. Almost a bit like Ooisthuizen.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Long ass day but DJ in command.

Augusta can be a fun course when all you need to do is make par.

Bunch of these guys now need to make a ton of birdies and this course bites hardest when you try try to force birdies when they aren't there to be had. Simple stuff like JT flying #15, Rahm's blow up on #8.
You know some of these chasers are going to shoot at the flag on 12 tomorrow. And we all know 1 or 2 of them are going to be short and roll back in to Rae's Creek.
Ancer looks like he has a great US Open game and will be around for years.Fairways and greens and doesn't put himself in low percentage locations. Almost a bit like Ooisthuizen.
Was definitely thinking we're going to see Ancer contend in a lot of majors. Really good ball striker.

DJ seems to be on cruise control at this point. If you know you can split the fairway every time, it takes so much pressure off.

Reaction Score
DJ pretty much has this on lock. All the guys chasing will have to play a super aggressive style which is not ideal at Augusta. If he just plays for par and grab a birdie or 2 on the par 5 he wins easy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was definitely thinking we're going to see Ancer contend in a lot of majors. Really good ball striker.

DJ seems to be on cruise control at this point. If you know you can split the fairway every time, it takes so much pressure off.
DJ pretty much has this on lock. All the guys chasing will have to play a super aggressive style which is not ideal at Augusta. If he just plays for par and grab a birdie or 2 on the par 5 he wins easy.

He shoots 70 and that means second place has to shoot 66 for a tie and everyone else has to go 65 or lower.

And we all know those greens aren't seeing a drop of water tonight.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Ancer's second shot on 10 really caught my attention. Downhill lie (obviously) and 200 yards. Looked like ball was coming in a bit low, but he hit the green and stuck the shot. I want to see that shot tomorrow on some harder greens and see what happens. If he can hit those lower irons from that distance and still hold them, I am much more bullish on his long term success in majors.

Reaction Score
That's how Jack and Tiger used to close the deal

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For DJ.

Hole 1-3. Play even or -1. #1 is tough, DJ has destroyed #2 all week, #3 put in fairway and hit the green. #3 can be an easy 3 putt if you hit first putt like you want to make it.

Hole 4-6. No worse than +1. Three hardest holes on the course.

Holes 7-9. -1. Seven isn't easy but need a birdie at 8 or 9.

Objective. 35. Great score is 34. Shouldn't be 36 or worse.

Holes 10-12. Second hardest group of holes. Just make pars and move on.

Holes 13-15. -1 to -2. Two reachable par 5's. He will be playing last and k ow how aggressive to be.

Final stretch 16-18. -1 to even. 16 is easy. Hit to top of green and let it dribble back to bottom. Be careful on 17. Find fairway off tee shot on 18 and enjoy the walk up to top of hill.

69-70 should be fairly pedestrian round.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Tiger just took a 10 on the par 3 12th. OUCH!

Reaction Score
Tiger just took a 10 on the par 3 12th. OUCH!

Ugh it was, water 3X yikes. Went from -3 to +4 on a hole.

Amazingly he’s played -2 since and just hit a dart on 16 to 2 feet. Never quits!

Reaction Score
Just got fitted for my Ping 710 irons, watching this Masters and getting pumped for winter golf.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
those shots on 14. Wow. Three great shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom