2020 College Summer Ball - UConn players | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 College Summer Ball - UConn players

Reaction Score

>The Prospect League, Western Canadian Baseball League, MINK League, Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League, Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League, New York Collegiate Baseball League, Ohio Valley League, New England Collegiate Baseball League, Cape Cod League and the Valley Baseball League have canceled the 2020 season. The Expedition League, Coastal Plain League, Futures Collegiate Baseball League, West Coast League and the Texas Collegiate League have announced delays to the 2020 summer-collegiate season, while the Northwoods League announced play on a regional basis. We expect these leagues to announce their 2020 plans between now and June 3.<

Reaction Score

I saw that UConn baseball had retweeted this from the Healdsburg Prune Packers, so I checked out their roster for this summer. Sure enough, UConn incoming JUCO transfer RHP Devin Kirby is on the roster, as well as Cole Brodnansky.

Nice pitching line for Devin Kirby in his first pitching action this summer for Healdsburg.

Reaction Score

I don’t like to speculate about these things and I don’t know what happened but I hope all is well with him. He’s had to deal with a lot of injuries over his career

Reaction Score
Anybody know where I can find the schedule for these collegiate games?? The website has nothing. Thx!

Reaction Score
Anybody know where I can find the schedule for these collegiate games?? The website has nothing. Thx!

No times or field names, but better than nothing. Website now has rosters which has a lot of D1 talent. Hopefully schedule will be posted soon

Attachments

• 53E6FA94-E4C4-4502-B67A-9C426BF445DB.jpeg
    53E6FA94-E4C4-4502-B67A-9C426BF445DB.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 230
Reaction Score
The New Britain Bees and the Futures League are about to start playing ball this summer:

>The Cape Cod League and the NECBL cancelled the season; the Futures League decided to wait and see what could be salvaged. Improved metrics in controlling the coronavirus in the Northeast made it possible to launch a six-week season, 42-game season with adjustments. The teams, located in Nashua, N.H., Brockton, Lynn, Westfield and Worcester, Mass., and New Britain will have only local players, no host families, no busses, so some players had to be re-assigned. Everyone gets to the ballpark on his own, brings his own equipment, and follows all the health and safety protocols we’ve come to know, including temperature checks as they enter the ballpark. Concessions will be simplified, with an emphasis on keeping people moving through the concourse and spread out.<

>Really, the only big thing is, in the dugouts, trying to stay away from everyone, keep the masks on,” said Ryan Bagdasarian, an outfielder from Glastonbury and ECSU. “Try to limit who you’re around, but when you’re on the field it’s pretty easy to social distance.”<

Ryan Bagdasarian had been on the UConn fall ball roster the last couple of years, but did not make the 35 man spring roster either year.

Reaction Score
No times or field names, but better than nothing. Website now has rosters which has a lot of D1 talent. Hopefully schedule will be posted soon
Thanks so much. I’ll keep looking too.

Reaction Score

And people wonder why this league has gotten absolutely no publicity in the past.

Reaction Score
UConn has a few players with the Westfield Starfires of the Futures League:

Reggie Crawford
Josh Cohen
Pat Gallagher

Also, Leif Bigelow who transferred to Maine is on this team as well.

Also, incoming UConn recruit Mitchell Pascarella is on the Worcester Braveheart roster.

Reaction Score
the July schedule is up! I don't know how to link it - google Connecticut Collegiate Baseball League.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised and disappointed that the Courant doesn't care to list the schedule and results in the paper. Live baseball with UConn players beats replays of the '86 Mets.

I'm more inclined to blame the league for its lack of publicity. They do nothing to publicize themselves, and in the past they have had a website where it has been really difficult to find useful information about games. I also doubt that the league sends any game information to newspapers, like other sports organizations do. If you want newspapers to provide coverage, you have to cooperate, help out, and send out useful game information.

To give an example, try to find on their website box scores for games that have already taken place.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom