2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 112 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Is anyone else seeing the obvious shade here?

25-Funny-Salty-meme-9.png

Reaction Score
Is anyone else seeing the obvious shade here?
If it were from Treasure then yes. But a parent publicly trying to humiliate another player is just plain tacky. Hailey Van Lith has no final say on who’s named to the final team

Reaction Score
I understand Kiki’s anger. If Team Quest won, no doubt all 4 players would be going to the World Championships. I think Treasure deserves a spot. I just don’t like how she went about it, almost a direct attack at Hailey Van Lith, which isn’t deserved.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If it were from Treasure then yes. But a parent publicly trying to humiliate another player is just plain tacky. Hailey Van Lith has no final say on who’s named to the final team
It is not from treasure. What you call tacky is what I'm calling shade and @Argonaut is calling saltiness.
While I disagree with this method I do thing she Kiki Hunt has a valid point. Hailey Van Lith's team lost in the 3 X 3 championship Game to Treasure's team. What would be the basis of selecting Hailey Van Lith over Treasure or Paige.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
It not from treasure. What you call tacky is what I'm calling shade and @Argonaut is calling saltiness.
While I disagree with this method I do thing she Kiki Hunt has a valid point. Hailey Van Lith's team lost in the 3 X 3 championship Game to Treasure's team. What would be the basis of selecting Hailey Van Lith over Treasure or Paige.

And, tbh, this is a terrible lesson to teach your kid. Sometimes, even though you feel like you’re the best person for the job, you don’t get it. This is a life lesson that doesn’t need to be played out on Twitter.

The lesson here should be “work harder and prove them wrong.”

But y’all know that. :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And, tbh, this is a terrible lesson to teach your kid. Sometimes, even though you feel like you’re the best person for the job, you don’t get it. This is a life lesson that doesn’t need to be played out on Twitter. The lesson here should be “work harder and prove them wrong.”
But y’all know that. :rolleyes:
Have to disagree a little bit. This was not a job audition, it was a athletic team event where the winning team gets to play for a world championship. Hunt's team won. She should get an opportunity to go play for a world championship. Mom is setting a terrible example by attacking Hailey Van Lith but fundamentally she has a point.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Have to disagree a little bit. This was not a job audition, it was a athletic team event where the winning team gets to play for a world championship. Hunt's team won. She should get an opportunity to go play for a world championship. Mom is setting a terrible example by attacking Hailey Van Lith but fundamentally she has a point.

I was under the impression that it was a giant try-out and they could pick and choose players (or a whole team, if they were so inclined).

Was it somewhere that it was guaranteed that the whole team would move on?

Reactions: MTC

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was under the impression that it was a giant try-out and they could pick and choose players (or a whole team, if they were so inclined).
Was it somewhere that it was guaranteed that the whole team would move on?
Since the inception of 3X3 (2013) the winning team has always moved on with exceptions of replacements being made for injured players or players that have other commitments. The history can be found here:
USA Basketball Women's 3x3 U18 National Championship

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Since the inception of 3X3 (2013) the winning team has always moved on with exceptions of replacements being made for injured players or players that have other commitments. The history can be found here:
USA Basketball Women's 3x3 U18 National Championship

2016 is the last year that has an asterisk noting that the winning team qualifies for the world championship. I’ll do some more research when I’m on my computer.

Reaction Score
It not from treasure. What you call tacky is what I'm calling shade and @Argonaut is calling saltiness.
Probably just to piss off Flynn, who they most likely had to listen to during the whole tournament. ;);)

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

From the USA Basketball Site: "THE FOUR-MEMBER TEAM THAT WILL REPRESENT USA BASKETBALL AT THE 3X3 U18 WORLD CUP WILL BE SELECTED FOLLOWING THE USA BASKETBALL 3X3 U18 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP." (The caps belong to them, I'm not yelling and didn't want to retype.)

So it seems that it used to be the team who won got an automatic bid, but that's not the case anymore.

3x3.jpg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From the USA Basketball Site: "THE FOUR-MEMBER TEAM THAT WILL REPRESENT USA BASKETBALL AT THE 3X3 U18 WORLD CUP WILL BE SELECTED FOLLOWING THE USA BASKETBALL 3X3 U18 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP." (The caps belong to them, I'm not yelling and didn't want to retype.)

So it seems that it used to be the team who won got an automatic bid, but that's not the case anymore.

View attachment 42572

I don't believe that language is new. USA BB has always reserved the right to select which players make USA's 3 x 3 team.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I don't believe that language is new. USA BB has always reserved the right to select which players make USA's 3 x 3 team.

I'm just basing that off of what @CocoHusky said last night. Maybe she has more insight?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
USAB playing favorites? How shocking and unexpected :rolleyes:

Quest were the pre-tourney favorites. TGB beats them twice. And they still turn around and put Van Lith on the team. I don't know how you can regard that as anything other than a slap in the face if you are Hunt or Johnson.

Yeah, USAB reserves the right to pick the teams. But I don't think there is any chance that they would have replaced a Quest player with a TGB player if Quest had won.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If it's spring, it's time for USA Basketball conspiracies to bloom. Just wait until the U16 and U19 teams are selected. Might as well include the PanAm team as well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It’s going to be hard to sway her away from Texas and Baylor!!!! And UCONN hasn’t had luck on landing any bigs the past few years. We were very lucky to have landed Olivia. Texas is so overrated not sure why top recruits even consider going there.. just don’t see player development like I see at Baylor .... most Texan kids stay home so I would be shocked if we land her
Sooooo, are we lucky or not lucky???? I'm confused. :confused:

Reaction Score
It is not from treasure. What you call tacky is what I'm calling shade and @Argonaut is calling saltiness.
Uh. She’s better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22