2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 109 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another big off the table. Not sure why UCONN can’t seal the deal on bigs. Seems that year in and year out all the bigs are going to other programs rather then UCONN. I have a feeling gusters will stay home go to Baylor or Texas and Cordorsa will stay home and go to Tennessee with there new coach. I hope I’m wrong but UCONN needs size!!! UCONN is the best program record speaks for itself...Will never understand why top recruits wouldn’t jump on the opportunity to play for the best.

Wonder if its the style of play that has taller recruits not wanting in? UCONN doesn't feature Bigs nor does it feature one particular player compared to other programs. UCONN tends to ask more versatilty from their post.

Reaction Score
Well maybe it’s time UCONN changes up there style a little bit more. It’s no longer old school... it’s s whole new world. Kim stated after the title she loved about kalani she was old school post player and anyone out there who is she will take them and come on to Baylor. Like Geno says recruiting is more difficult , players, AAU and parents... so coaches sadly have to change and Geno isn’t gong to change he’s done it a certain way for 30 years and sadly there are fewer players now with the talent who want to play for a program that coaches old school and has such huge demands.

Reaction Score
Well maybe it’s time UCONN changes up there style a little bit more. It’s no longer old school... it’s s whole new world. Kim stated after the title she loved about kalani she was old school post player and anyone out there who is she will take them and come on to Baylor. Like Geno says recruiting is more difficult , players, AAU and parents... so coaches sadly have to change and Geno isn’t gong to change he’s done it a certain way for 30 years and sadly there are fewer players now with the talent who want to play for a program that coaches old school and has such huge demands.
Good points. As others have posted, it seems the Geno and company will probably continue to recruit more and more players from Europe and Australia.

Reaction Score
Geno better wake up and get with it !! 36-1, 36-1, 35-3 - he's killing us.

Reaction Score
I admit that I follow the womens game--and UConn in particular--because there is less reliance on bigs. Dunks bore me.

Reaction Score
I admit that I follow the womens game--and UConn in particular--because there is less reliance on bigs. Dunks bore me.

I don't think if ONO dunked the ball over a defender you'd be bored...........it would be downright historic!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There was definitely contact between the two players.

Assuming this is in regards to Fudd and Van Lith....

Even if there was, and I don't see how anyone can claim that with authority based on the clip, the issue at hand was whether there was something dirty or extreme about the supposed contact that caused Fudd's injury. Fudd herself describes the play as a bump that resulted in her foot slipping.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Amari DeBerry will attend the U16 trials.

DeBerry, Citron, Bollin, Poffenbarger, Isai, Bigby, Griggs.

Reaction Score
Assuming this is in regards to Fudd and Van Lith....

Even if there was, and I don't see how anyone can claim that with authority based on the clip, the issue at hand was whether there was something dirty or extreme about the supposed contact that caused Fudd's injury. Fudd herself describes the play as a bump that resulted in her foot slipping.

we saw plenty of dirty/chippy play this past season against UConn players and from that video clip, that play wouldn't come close to meeting the criteria...............................................frankly I think an apology is in order to Hailey Van Lith............

Reaction Score
if she's not already on the list here's another young guard who has the goods........................I mean this kid just finished seventh grade..................she's doing things with the ball that many college players can't do...........

Last edited:
Reactions: MTC

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New piece up on Aubrey Griffin:

Storrs is only two hours away from home in Ossining, which Griffin viewed as a major advantage. She also said she wanted to put herself in a position to be surrounded by elite players.

That’s something she believes she can find with the team that’s won six of the last ten women’s basketball national championships.

“Going to UConn, you know there’s going to be great players there,” she said. “No matter who I pass the ball to they can all score. It’s a great environment and it’s close to home, so it’ll be good.”

Following the All American Game, the exciting spring for Griffin continues — next is high school graduation, before she heads to Storrs.

“I’m really excited just to go there and experience what most players don’t, really,” Griffin said. “And I’m excited to get to meet my new teammates.”

Her goals at UConn remain the same as they were heading into the McDonald’s game, the USA trials, and looking ahead to big things as a Husky.

“I want to be a better player overall,” Griffin said. “I just want to leave my own legacy.”

StorrsCentral.com - Husky Signee Aubrey Griffin on UConn and Netflix Favorites

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Wonder if its the style of play that has taller recruits not wanting in? UCONN doesn't feature Bigs nor does it feature one particular player compared to other programs. UCONN tends to ask more versatilty from their post.

Well maybe it’s time UCONN changes up there style a little bit more. It’s no longer old school ........ so coaches sadly have to change and Geno isn’t gong to change he’s done it a certain way for 30 years.........sadly there are fewer players now with the talent who want to play for a program that coaches old school and has such huge demands.

Good points. As others have posted, it seems the Geno and company will probably continue to recruit more and more players from Europe and Australia.

Totally invalid points:

OLD SCHOOL is throwing the ball down low to a big lumbering Center. The "Modern" game is to have mobile players at all positions, with many well able to play multiple positions.

RECRUIT MORE PLAYERS From EUROPE - Until Nika committed this past week, there was only ever ONE previous European player at UCONN. That would have been Svetlana Abrosimova and she was terrific.

The best and most attractive basketball by far is the UCONN model. I personally would hate to have UCONN get a big 6 7 player and park her in the low post. Horrors!!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

The Rose Classic frosh vs sophs game is over. The sophomores won 56-33 behind 17 from MVP Sonia Citron. The freshmen were lead by Paris Clark's 10 points.

Olivia Miles and Shay Bollin also played in the game.

MTC

Reaction Score
we saw plenty of dirty/chippy play this past season against UConn players and from that video clip, that play wouldn't come close to meeting the criteria............frankly I think an apology is in order to Hailey Van Lith..
I really don't think Hailey Van Lith reads this message board any longer. Accidents happen but it hurts when it happens to someone we aree fond of.

MTC

Reaction Score
Totally invalid points:

OLD SCHOOL is throwing the ball down low to a big lumbering Center. The "Modern" game is to have mobile players at all positions, with many well able to play multiple positions.

RECRUIT MORE PLAYERS From EUROPE - Until Nika committed this past week, there was only ever ONE previous European player at UCONN. That would have been Svetlana Abrosimova and she was terrific.

The best and most attractive basketball by far is the UCONN model. I personally would hate to have UCONN get a big 6 7 player and park her in the low post. Horrors!!!!
Maybe we can find a compromise like have a 6'7" player take over the high post. I could live with that.

Reaction Score
Just saw this tweet on twitter wishing Sam good luck tomorrow night at the all star game Jordan brand classic in Las Vegas .. check out the shorts she’s wearing... deep down inside she was UCONN all along but it just didn’t happen.
6F40CAAA-AA7B-4604-AA58-F399DA371B40.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman