2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 108 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Fudd has a knee injury and is getting it looked at by doctors. The injury came after contact on a foul by Hailey Van Lith.

Though looking at the play it's hard to really see contact. If it was an impact injury as she landed you have to worry about the ligaments.
Does this mean that you disagree with Mike Flynn's claim that Azzi. was injured on a "vicious intentional contact play".

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Viscious? .:confused: No Hailey Van Lith defended as cleanly as you can get. I hope for the best of news for Azzi.

Still, the format of 3 x 3 can be quite brutal. With no real formal plays, kids are forced to generate stuff outside of any meaningful structure and if the refs called everything, the game would never get off the foul line. In the finals, Paige was tomahawked several times and for a while, she was clearly dealing with wrist pain before shaking it off. My heart was in my throat.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
So Fudd has a knee injury and is getting it looked at by doctors.

You hear that, everyone? She's broken. No one but Geno, who has already extended an offer and has a heart for the injured, should even worry about her now. Move along. Nothing to see here anymore. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I've watched this at least 15 times and still haven't seen Flynn's "vicious intentional contact play". Sounds like a combination of impaired eyesight and mind reading run amok. Even from behind Hailey Van Lith it looks to me like Hailey Van Lith mistimes her own jump but gets her raised hand on the ball and stifles Fudd's jump which jams her right knee. A fairly common play which usually results in no injury. Who is Flynn to libel a kid on social media?

Reaction Score
I've watched this at least 15 times and still haven't seen Flynn's "vicious intentional contact play". Sounds like a combination of impaired eyesight and mind reading run amok. Even from behind Hailey Van Lith it looks to me like Hailey Van Lith mistimes her own jump but gets her raised hand on the ball and stifles Fudd's jump which jams her right knee. A fairly common play which usually results in no injury. Who is Flynn to libel a kid on social media?
Based on his Twitter, seems like he’s peeved some of the teams get preferential treatment...which includes Team Quest

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
USA Today All-US New York Teams for 2018-2019:

Player of the Year
Aubrey Griffin
, G/F, Ossining, 6-1, Sr.
The Connecticut signee was named the state’s Miss Basketball after averaging 25.9 points, 9.4 rebounds and 4.2 assists.

Amari DeBerry, C, Williamsville South, 6-5, So.
Rated as the No. 2 sophomore in the country on ESPN, DeBerry averaged 17 points and eight rebounds a game.

2018-19 ALL-USA New York Girls Basketball Team

Minnesota:

Player of the Year
Paige Bueckers
, G, Hopkins (Minnetonka), 6-0, Jr.
The Connecticut commit was named first-team ALL-USA by USA TODAY and is the state’s Gatorade Player of the Year after averaging 24.4 points and 5.5 assists per game.

2018-19 ALL-USA Minnesota Girls Basketball Team

Nevada:

Player of the Year
Taylor Bigby
, G, Centennial (Las Vegas), 5-11, So.
The sensational sophomore was the catalyst behind Centennial’s fifth consecutive Class 4A state title, producing averages of 12.5 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.6 steals per game. A First Team All-State selection and the co-Northwest League MVP, Bigby also led the Bulldogs to a berth in the GEICO High School Nationals.

2018-19 ALL-USA Nevada Girls Basketball Team

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Confirmed.
I saw Natalija in NoVa in December, when she couldn't stay out of foul trouble. Comparing her with CTK alums, I think she's more like a taller Carrem Gay than a Tina Charles.

Reaction Score
Another big off the table. Not sure why UCONN can’t seal the deal on bigs. Seems that year in and year out all the bigs are going to other programs rather then UCONN. I have a feeling gusters will stay home go to Baylor or Texas and Cordorsa will stay home and go to Tennessee with there new coach. I hope I’m wrong but UCONN needs size!!! UCONN is the best program record speaks for itself...Will never understand why top recruits wouldn’t jump on the opportunity to play for the best.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

It should be noted that Azzi is one of Flynn's camp players at Blue Star so he knows her and is speaking, in part, out of emotion. That doesn't mean he's wrong, but that investment seems to be impacting his response to what appears to be a basketball play.

Reaction Score
It should be noted that Azzi is one of Flynn's camp players at Blue Star so he knows her and is speaking, in part, out of emotion. That doesn't mean he's wrong, but that investment seems to be impacting his response to what appears to be a basketball play.

no excuses for an "expert" of his level to let emotions get the better of him...........................I'd be the first to agree with him if the play was truly dirty..........................from what I can observe the video just doesn't appear to back up his claims and he has now painted another highly ranked recruit as a "dirty" player.........

Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm well aware of Flynn and his "brand" going back close to 30 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom