2020/21 UConn Recruiting | Page 103 | The Boneyard

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTC

Reaction Score
She's a Kobe fan. That can't hurt.
I was a little skeptical of AE at first but seeing her videos opened my eyes. She has the ability to dominate at times and reminds me a little of Gabby for some strange reason. I definitely want to see her at Uconn but recruiting is getting more crowded and our top priority is to get a big at this time.

MTC

Reaction Score
Of course Geno and the staff sees things in recruits that we don't and they will ultimately decide. I see the athleticism and recent improvement in Reeses game. As a UCONN WCBB fit just think there are many potentially better fits in this class at that position. Namely Marshall, Edwards, Bessior, & Daniels.
It is not always the size of the dawg in the fight as much as it is the amount of the fight in the dawg. NC was a classic example in my humble opinion. BTW I have no problems with these other ladies you have mentioned.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was a little skeptical of AE at first but seeing her videos opened my eyes. She has the ability to dominate at times and reminds me a little of Gabby for some strange reason. I definitely want to see her at Uconn but recruiting is getting more crowded and our top priority is to get a big at this time.
AE?

MTC

Reaction Score
Patience? Come on it's almost tax day and the BY only had 4 different threads related to next year's starting line up. :eek:
I think we are fortunate to have such a great coaching staff and I trust them to get the best team players available. Obviously, you know more about this stuff than I do but I enjoy all the speculation.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think we are fortunate to have such a great coaching staff and I trust them to get the best team players available. Obviously, you know more about this stuff than I do but I enjoy all the speculation.
It's all speculation and I never assume my speculation is better than anyone else's. There are quite a few people on the board with a highly calibrated eyes for "UCONN type players" The best of the best is @Sluconn Husky. Among Slu's early recent discoveries are Napheesa Collier, ONO, Christyn Williams and Paige. Next level would include @meyers7, @MilfordHusky , @oldude, @Jordy and many many others.

Reaction Score
It's all speculation and I never assume my speculation is better than anyone else's. There are quite a few people on the board with a highly calibrated eyes for "UCONN type players" The best of the best is @Sluconn Husky. Among Slu's early recent discoveries are Napheesa Collier, ONO, Christyn Williams and Paige. Next level would include @meyers7, @MilfordHusky , @oldude, @Jordy and many many others.
What about Charlieball

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
MaxPreps All-America teams:

1st teamers:

Paige Bueckers, Hopkins (Minnetonka, Minn.)

5-10 | Junior | Point Guard | UConn
Bueckers is tall, skilled guard who led her team to a perfect record and a state championship by posting mind-boggling stats: 24.4 points per game, 4.7 rpg, 5.5 apg and 4.7 spg, plus a 3:1 assist/turnover ratio, 58 percent shooting from the field and 83 percent from the line.

Azzi Fudd, St. John's (Washington, D.C.)
5-11 | Sophomore | Guard |Uncommitted

The Player of the Year for the nation's No. 2 team averaged 26.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg (despite not running the point) and 1.9 bpg. Oh, one of her besties is Paige Bueckers, so she too might wind up at UConn.

3rd teamers:

Aubrey Griffin, Ossining (N.Y.)
6-1 | Senior | Forward | UConn

Griffin led her team to the final game in the New York Federation playoffs, and along the way, put up 28.2 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 4.3 apg, 3.5 spg and 2.0 bpg.

Angel Reese, St. Frances Academy (Baltimore)
6-3 | junior | Power Forward | Uncommitted

Reese had to a lot of heavy lifting for No. 17 St. Frances, and though 19.6 ppg is impressive, her defense and 18 rebounds a game might have been more so.

Honorable mentions:

Sasha Goforth, Fayetteville (Ark.).
6-0 | Junior | Small Forward | Uncommitted

Arkansas usually produces plenty of talent, and Goforth emerged as the best this season. She averaged 16.8 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game.

MaxPreps 2018-19 High School Girls Basketball All-American Team - MaxPreps

Reaction Score

1st teamers:

Bueckers is tall, skilled guard who led her team to a perfect record and a state championship by posting mind-boggling stats: 24.4 points per game, 4.7 rpg, 5.5 apg and 4.7 spg, plus a 3:1 assist/turnover ratio, 58 percent shooting from the field and 83 percent from the line.

The Player of the Year for the nation's No. 2 team averaged 26.3 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 2.5 apg (despite not running the point) and 1.9 bpg. Oh, one of her besties is Paige Bueckers, so she too might wind up at UConn.

3rd teamers:

Griffin led her team to the final game in the New York Federation playoffs, and along the way, put up 28.2 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 4.3 apg, 3.5 spg and 2.0 bpg.

Reese had to a lot of heavy lifting for No. 17 St. Frances, and though 19.6 ppg is impressive, her defense and 18 rebounds a game might have been more so.

Honorable mentions:

Arkansas usually produces plenty of talent, and Goforth emerged as the best this season. She averaged 16.8 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game.

No Brunelle?

Reaction Score
Western PA Bruins Tip-Off Classic 2019:

Angel Reese, 6-3, forward, Team Takeover 17U EYBL (St. Frances Academy, MD)

Reese is well known as one of the top forward prospects in the 2020 class. What is most impressive is her ability to defend both in the key and on the perimeter. She handles the ball well enough to help get it up the court. However, scoring is still primarily near the basket and improved shooting range should be a priority for her.

Reaction Score
No Brunelle?
Didn’t she miss some time? Perhaps that could have been a factor. They listed that as a factor why Owusu was only HM. No Van Lith was also a big surprise.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

1st teamers:

3rd teamers:

Honorable mentions:

A few noteworthy stats:

Paige: 4.7 steals per game. She has quick hands and plays the passing lanes. A:TO ratio of 3.0. Shooting 58% from the floor and 83% from the line.

Azzi: 1.9 bpg. That's a lot for a SG. Her shooting percentages are not listed, but I'm sure they are outstanding.

Aubrey: 10.4 rpg. She's long and has elevation. By comparison, Aliyah Boston averaged a similar 10.6 rpg. Aubrey also had 3.5 spg. Did I say she is long?

Angel Reese: 18 rpg. She's a skinny Andre Drummond. She averaged nearly 20/20. Crazy!

Reaction Score
Brunelle missed half the season. Other outlets didn't care and put her on lists based on pedigree anyway. Not that it matters, but Van Lith really should be on one of those teams.
Oh totally missed Hailey Van Lith. I’m not familiar with these sites. Now credible or reputable is MaxPreps

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Didn't quite know where to put this one, but since Paige is front and center; thought this was as good a place as any. Looks like this a redux of the 3x3 team that went to Buenos Aires, save for one major switch: Haley Jones for Aliyah Boston. Will be a different team without Ms. Boston in the middle but the team gains a different set of talents with Ms. Jones, to say the least. The Jackson-Miller pairing is an interesting one, too.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Didn't quite know where to put this one, but since Paige is front and center; thought this was as good a place as any. Looks like this a redux of the 3x3 team that went to Buenos Aires, save for one major switch: Haley Jones for Aliyah Boston. Will be a different team without Ms. Boston in the middle but the team gains a different set of talents with Ms. Jones, to say the least. The Jackson-Miller pairing is an interesting one, too.

Wait a second. Did Haley Jones replace Boston on that 3X3 team? This was the squad last tine I checked.
1555178725887.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99