2020-21 midseason transfer thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020-21 midseason transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, with Nyah Green currently being a redshirt freshman, and this season not counting towards anyone's eligibility, she will be eligible to play at her new school no later than mid-December 2021 and will still be classified as a redshirt freshman with 4 years of eligibility remaining. Not a bad deal at all.

Yeah, and as a Louisville fan I'll be really happy if it turns out that way for her.

Reaction Score
I just looked up her stats as her road to stardom since Baylor certainly has not materialized. She played very little for Rutgers and now at TAM she’s played 4 of 7 And she is 8th in average minutes played at just over 10 min per. Seems awfully light for someone many of thought would be a force. Anyone have an idea on what her real skill set is? Has she been derailed by injury, is she really not as good as she looked her freshman year at Baylor or something else?
Alexis Morris is a HOOPER. When she does play she is balling! 9ppg in 10 minutes shooting 77%. Expect her minutes to grow as the season goes along. I believe Blair is gradually bringing her in along with Pitts. If Zay green is healthy and can play this season A&M is NOT a team I would want to play come March.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, Texas A&M has not yet officially announced that Tennessee transfer, Zaay Green is immediately eligible due to blanket waiver; just saying . . .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, Texas A&M has not yet officially announced that Tennessee transfer, Zaay Green is immediately eligible due to blanket waiver; just saying . . .
well, that's a HIGH point for you guys...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So which teams are benefiting the most from the transfer blanket waiver?

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
"you guys" is you and your Texas brethren...it's a little play on Zay's expulsion from Tennessee....:D

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
"you guys" is you and your Texas brethren...it's a little play on Zay's expulsion from Tennessee....:D
How does her eligibility impact Texas? They already beat us without her, and we play in different conferences. It certainly doesn't impact me personally; so, definitely not a HIGH point.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
How does her eligibility impact Texas? They already beat us without her, and we play in different conferences. It certainly doesn't impact me personally; so, definitely not a HIGH point.
Texas, Texas A&M, Vic/Gary does it matter? :rolleyes: Actually my focus was split watching the Stanford Game so I just responded to your update that Gary will have Zay (BTW, he seems to be the "Land of the misfit toys" doesn't he?)

But YES, you are right and thanks for the correction that despite your logo of the Longhorns, I somehow confused that with an Aggie :confused::eek:. My mistake. SMH...

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
If they want to be considered an SEC contender, they need to beat Rice today, despite losing at halftime, considering all the talent Gary has amassed via the transfer....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If they want to be considered an SEC contender, they need to beat Rice today, despite losing at halftime, considering all the talent Gary has amassed via the transfer....
If by contender you mean a threat to South Carolina, that's a pipe dream made fathomable only if SC badly underachieves.

If you mean a threat for 2nd place, I don't think a loss here dooms the Aggies' season. The other so-called "contenders" in the SEC are largely overrated, and Lord knows the middle to bottom of the conference ranges from terribly mediocre to god-awful.

The quality of A&M's transfers is actually a mitigating factor in any struggles today. Predictably, they'll be a bit disjointed as Morris just barely came eligible less than 2 weeks ago and Green only today -- but their ceiling will be higher than other teams', and Blair is still one of the best coaching minds in the conference.

Personally I'd love to see Rice win one for the underdogs today, but once SEC play starts I'll be pulling hard for the team from College Station.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I just looked up her stats as her road to stardom since Baylor certainly has not materialized. She played very little for Rutgers and now at TAM she’s played 4 of 7 And she is 8th in average minutes played at just over 10 min per. Seems awfully light for someone many of thought would be a force. Anyone have an idea on what her real skill set is? Has she been derailed by injury, is she really not as good as she looked her freshman year at Baylor or something else?

She was an absolute stud as a freshman taking over once their other PG Kristy Wallace went down. She definitely looked like one of the better freshmen in the country but has dealt with a lot of off the court issues. Between that, maybe injuries, and two new schools she likely hasn't kept her skills/conditioning up to the level it was at Baylor. Hope she becomes a force for A&M....she was enjoyable to watch at Baylor.

Last edited:

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
One of the North Carolina schools would make a lot of sense here:

UCLA could use size and also players. And she'd certainly have the academics to pass muster for their heightened academic requirements for grad programs.

Reaction Score
One of the North Carolina schools would make a lot of sense here:

I wonder if K-Law is really having this type of influence down in Durham ?

Reaction Score
Baylor loves their big girls but they really need to bring in some shooters.

Reaction Score
:)

Whoever does the Duke Social Media deserves a raise.. they do a great job.. though I'm a bit biased

Be as biased as you'd like to be. I thought it was really well done myself. It's changed dramatically in the last year.

Reaction Score
Heard DeCosta struggles with a lot of mental health issues. I hope she figures it out and the right place to be. Shame we haven't been able to see her much so far, she is talented kid. Third times the charm might be it, looks like it for A. Morris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom