2020-2021 UConn Men's Hockey | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 UConn Men's Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Win and we don't need to worry about it. Schedule has been incredibly tough. Now win all the games against weaker teams. Not split, win almost all of them.
We can't beat the weaker teams if HE doesn't put them on our schedule. Let's see what this week's schedule brings; to be released tomorrow. I won't be surprised if we get home-and-home with Northeastern, Providence or UML.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
But maybe there's something missing about the greatness of Robert Morris hockey?

Um - their jerseys are better?

1611853109804.png

Reaction Score
SBN College Hockey spit-balling:

-> 13. One of UConn or Providence - Both teams have good, not great records in Hockey East. My gut feeling would be to lean towards Providence, although UConn won the only meeting between the two so far.<-

Reaction Score
This morning's Krach ratings:

BU 4
BC 6
UMass 14
PC 24
UConn 25 (Our Strength-of-schedule dropped from 7 to 18. Two games vs Merrimack will do that!)
NE 28
UML 30

Reaction Score

-> 13. One of UConn or Providence - Both teams have good, not great records in Hockey East. My gut feeling would be to lean towards Providence, although UConn won the only meeting between the two so far.<-

I'm very cautiously optimistic, Denver having a losing record with a tough schedule... UConn's schedule has to be towards the top of the strength of schedule this year. A winning record (so far) should say something. Who knows what the future holds. As of today, I would think we should be on the inside of the bubble. Just an opinion...

Reaction Score

Of course you would ( not you medic, you the author of the piece). And your reasoning would be “After all, Providence has won titles and played at a high level for 50 years. UConn is the new kid on the block. This is college hockey. Always go with the old guard.” Oh, and Denver? Seriously? In a season when few if any fans will be allowed in the building your justification is they might sell tickets? Please...

Reaction Score
Of course you would ( not you medic, you the author of the piece). And your reasoning would be “After all, Providence has won titles and played at a high level for 50 years. UConn is the new kid on the block. This is college hockey. Always go with the old guard.” Oh, and Denver? Seriously? In a season when few if any fans will be allowed in the building your justification is they might sell tickets? Please...

Also, there are very few if any out of conference games to provided comparisons between conferences. And yes, UConn is still the new kid on the block in Hockey East to many people. I'm sure many people (aside from people here on the Boneyard or associated with UConn hockey) don't realize that UConn's schedule so far has been heavily tilted towards playing the best teams in Hockey East, thus resulting in a record with more losses than a highly ranked team would normally have. It's going to take time and more games for many people to realize that UConn hockey appears to be taking a great leap forward in terms of quality, and for it to reflect in the rankings.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again, teams like Robert Morris and AIC ahead of us - I just don't get it. Damn I wish we could just play them both this weekend once and skip the HE just to punish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom