2020-2021 UConn Men's Hockey | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020-2021 UConn Men's Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the standings show we have 6 points, but I don't know how either.

Reaction Score
Maybe 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 2 for a shootout win?? I thought I heard an announcer say that. I can't find it on the hockey east website.

Reaction Score
Still confused on how we have 6 points...
UConn has 4 points.
Maybe 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 2 for a shootout win?? I thought I heard an announcer say that. I can't find it on the hockey east website.
I thought Hockey East was using the following format:
  • Three points will be awarded to any team that wins a game in regulation.
  • One point will be awarded to each team in a game that remains tied at the conclusion of regulation. One additional point will be awarded to the team who wins the 3-on-3 overtime or 3-man shootout, giving that team two points total.
  • A team that loses in regulation will receive zero points, while a team that loses in overtime or the shootout will receive one point.
UMass Game 1 (loss in regulation) = no points
UMass Game 2 (OT win in Shootout) = 2 point
BC Game 1 (loss in OT Shootout) = 1 points
BC Game 2 (win in regulation) = 3 points

Reaction Score
Currently, the UMass games don’t count in the HE standings
Yes it does... see above post #148. All games count now.

>>Additionally, all games played by Hockey East teams in 2020-21 will count toward the final standings used to determine tournament seeding, including all games previously played under the “Flex Game” designation, a change from the previously announced double-round robin format.<<

Reaction Score
Yes it does... see above post #148. All games count now.

>>Additionally, all games played by Hockey East teams in 2020-21 will count toward the final standings used to determine tournament seeding, including all games previously played under the “Flex Game” designation, a change from the previously announced double-round robin format.<<
Sometimes when they change things they make things better. Sometimes they don’t. I personally hate 3 on3 hockey, if you can call it hockey. If 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie and zero for a loss and 5 on 5 overtime was good enough for Hobey Baker it is good enough for me. Plus there is something odd about changing the rules after the season has begun. So is our record 2-2, 1-1-2, 1-1-1-1 or something else? To me something is wrong when you can’t easily record wins, losses and ties.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Sometimes when they change things they make things better. Sometimes they don’t. I personally hate 3 on3 hockey, if you can call it hockey. If 2 points for a win, 1 for a tie and zero for a loss and 5 on 5 overtime was good enough for Hobey Baker it is good enough for me. Plus there is something odd about changing the rules after the season has begun. So is our record 2-2, 1-1-2, 1-1-1-1 or something else? To me something is wrong when you can’t easily record wins, losses and ties.
I would like to see 4 on 4. 3 on 3 is just not even close to real hockey. Why did they make that leap?

Reaction Score
I would like to see 4 on 4. 3 on 3 is just not even close to real hockey. Why did they make that leap?
Back in the summer:
>>Four of the six men’s D-I conferences – Atlantic Hockey, Big Ten, NCHC, and WCHA – as well as the women’s WCHA had already adopted that format. Support by individual coaches in Hockey East and ECAC Hockey for those leagues to adopt a 3-on-3 has been more vocal over the past season.<<

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Wow this team is going to be battle tested. Only playing ranked teams so far.
Any other year, I‘d have been horrified to see this early schedule...but then again, this ain’t any other year! Go Huskies!

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Back in the summer:
>>Four of the six men’s D-I conferences – Atlantic Hockey, Big Ten, NCHC, and WCHA – as well as the women’s WCHA had already adopted that format. Support by individual coaches in Hockey East and ECAC Hockey for those leagues to adopt a 3-on-3 has been more vocal over the past season.<<
I might not like it now, but I’ll get used to it. Especially when we get some wins out of it. Anything is better than a tie.

Reaction Score
I might not like it now, but I’ll get used to it. Especially when we get some wins out of it. Anything is better than a tie.
Hockey East announced Thursday that ALL games played this season against HE teams count as league games. Goodbye "Flex Games". This is due to so much uncertainty prevailing around Covid-related cancellations.

So the two-game set against UMass in November is now officially incorporated into the HE standings. The 2 points earned for the shootout win are reflected. We now have 6 points total after 4 games.

Reaction Score
Any other year, I‘d have been horrified to see this early schedule...but then again, this ain’t any other year! Go Huskies!
At least we don’t have to play Sacred Heart. I figure we have a shot at any ranked team. But those guys, not so much!

Reaction Score
If they play like this against the lower half teams in the HE, they will start racking up wins soon. After seeing providence get blasted by BC, I'm not heading into that game afraid.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I can’t believe we can’t get games with Quinnipiac and Sacred Heart scheduled. Also, how about AIC? All quality teams some of whom have gotten the best of us over the years....and pretty close to Storrs right?

Reaction Score
I can’t believe we can’t get games with Quinnipiac and Sacred Heart scheduled. Also, how about AIC? All quality teams some of whom have gotten the best of us over the years....and pretty close to Storrs right?

?We played the 21st, we’re playing the 23rd and now the 28th?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
?We played the 21st, we’re playing the 23rd and now the 28th?
Right...what if they get cancelled? I don’t want them to go two weeks without a game, so I’m just wondering about local games...not the amount of total games. It would be nice to play these teams as well, if possible. I’m sure that with the craziness going on conference games take precedent over OOC games. It could be that simple. Of course QU and AIC are also ranked in the top 20, so no break there.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Hockey East isn't allowing OOC games.
Well, that answers my question....thanks. I think it deprives us of some good hockey, but so be it. It’s a funked up year. This is the year I’d like to see us play QU, SH and AIC. I think we’d win all 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom