2019 WNBA Draft | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2019 WNBA Draft

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I still don't see this Sky roster competing at the top of the league. Vandersloot, Quigley, Williams, Deshields, Samuelson, Dolson, Coates, Parker, Faulkner, Copper, etc doesn't exactly seem appealing to me

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kalani Brown to LA? Plenty of size there already. Is this trade bait? Last year's pick from Russia didn't play a lot but had moments where she looked good. Maybe Lavender won't be back with them.

The Sparks don’t have a traditional post player. She may be a keeper.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
He will trade SOMEONE, he always does.

You can bet he will. He still needs another post player. That’s why I was surprised he took a guard. I know Young is a great player, but I can see her being traded for a veteran big and either another player or a future draft pick.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Chicago has the Loop, now they have The Louuuuu to go with it.
Loop_Map.png

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I still don’t think she was POY material and I don’t think I’m alone in believing it. She is a good player, but definitely not amongst the greats — even at the collegiate level.
It gets into the 'best' vs. the 'most important to her team' trade off which comes into play with almost every MVP discussion.
I agree with you that it was a strange choice, but no stranger than a few others in the past.

Reaction Score
Nothing against Pheesa...I am not a big time WNBA follower, but I am shocked that someone picked Lou before Pheesa because non of the experts predicted this.
Let's not forget Lou was a finalist last year for POY and led the country with 48% from 3pt range. Lou has a better shot, handle plus passer. Different players as Pheesa is better defensively, rebounder and in post.

I said in other post prior to draft Lou has Pro ready game and will benefit from her movement than she did this year at UConn (ironically highlighted missing Gabby passing to her.) I was surprised that "analyst" had her lower even at 10. I would have picked Pheesa higher than 6th too : - )

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
As soon as Napheesa was picked by Minnesota, I was hoping they'd get Shepard. I didn't hold out much hope that she'd be available so far down, but I love Shepard and Collier both going to Minnesota. They're both great inside, both great passers. I'm hoping Jess can recreate Gabby's passing in to Pheesa from the high post.

Reaction Score
None of these so-called analysts know any more than you or I. It's not brain surgery. Just a simple game. KLS is still just as well rounded as any other player and clearly the best team player in the draft. She can play inside or outside, with or without the ball, a great FT shooter and is a supreme passer.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It is going to be fun watching the growth of Naphessa, as a pro here in Minnesota. Had the pleasure of watching Maya grow as a WNBA legend and now Naphessa. So excited!!
If you are going to be pulling for her you should learn how to spell her first name.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Keep hoping Moriah gets traded out of Las Vegas to a team that will appreciate her game. I think Bill is a good coach and a good team builder, but I don't think Moriah is his 'type' of player

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Pretty remarkable that Notre Dame had the #1 overall pick, 3 first-round picks, and 5 top-20 picks, and yet they managed to lose 4 games this year.

HGN

Reaction Score
Pretty cool pick by Chicago. With Lou on the wing knocking down shots in the Pace and Space Offense under the new coach, I can see Lou making a huge impact.
At least Lou has somebody she can bunk with until she finds an apartment having so many Uconn alums on the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom