2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 51 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Stacy Brown, the TX safety that looks a bit like Obi Melifonwu on the field as committed to Mizzou.

Btw - dont know what I am doing wrong today, but this site wont let me post twitter links.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stacy Brown, the TX safety that looks a bit like Obi Melifonwu on the field as committed to Mizzuo.

Btw - dont know what I am doing wrong today, but this site wont let me post twitter links.

It's not you... I let Tom know.

Reaction Score
Burby committed to Rutty this morning.

Here I go again. What's with these CT kids? Going to Rutgers? Rutgers? We're talking about Rutgers here?
UConn too close to home? Academic standards too high at UConn? Ego fed more by "aura" of a B1G school?
I was hoping Max Delorenzo might have been an inspiration to local kids, especially those from Berlin.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Here I go again. What's with these CT kids? Going to Rutgers? Rutgers? We're talking about Rutgers here?
UConn too close to home? Academic standards too high at UConn? Ego fed more by "aura" of a B1G school?
I was hoping Max Delorenzo might have been an inspiration to local kids, especially those from Berlin.
If you look at any recruiting website we typically net just 2 to 4 of the top 20 kids in the state and often none of the top 5 to 7. This will have to improve one of these days.

Reaction Score
If you look at any recruiting website we typically net just 2 to 4 of the top 20 kids in the state and often none of the top 5 to 7. This will have to improve one of these days.

We've gotten a few of the Rivals Top 5 over the years (DeLorenzo, Newsome, Cochran, N, Thomas, T. Jones, TJ Gardner-Russaw). The majority of those we don't get all go P5 and to "marquee" programs usually (and before someone jumps on that, I don't consider Rutgers/Cuse/BC marquee programs - just p5 conference schools). The only one I can think of recently that held UConn offer and went G5 was Isaiah Wright to Temple).

Reaction Score

Ailym Ford is a 5-9 207lb RB from West Florence High School in Florence, South Carolina. Other offers from Gardner-Webb, Tennessee Tech, USTA, St. Francis and West Virginia State

Highlights

Reaction Score
Crazy work hours has me all out of sorts this week... missed this one yesterday.

Myles Bell is a 6-0 165lb DB from St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft Lauderdale Florida. Other offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, NIU, Ohio University, Penn State, Purdue, Syracuse, USF, VaTech and WVA.

Highlights

Reaction Score

Ailym Ford is a 5-9 207lb RB from West Florence High School in Florence, South Carolina. Other offers from Gardner-Webb, Tennessee Tech, USTA, St. Francis and West Virginia State

Highlights

The ideal size and weight for an college RB. Hopefully he's fast and all muscle and wants to star at UConn.

Reaction Score

We are not an alternative to Rutgers until we start winning. When the equation becomes go to UConn to win, go to Rutgers to lose, we will come out on top. And that day will come because Rutgers will never be winners

Reaction Score
We are not an alternative to Rutgers until we start winning. When the equation becomes go to UConn to win, go to Rutgers to lose, we will come out on top. And that day will come because Rutgers will never be winners

Gee.. thanks!

Reaction Score
This is a developing phenomenon - and a HOPE for UConn rising over the next decade. We have solid athletic kids in the Northeast - Connecticut, Massachusetts, southern NH, upstate NY, Greater NYC, Long Island and even Canada - that notably were not getting developed at the HS level. Used to be a throwaway school Milford. Now the elite of the elite are in the Prep development business. WE (UConn) can direct kids to Prep like Hoop coaches have done for 20 years. And they are near.

Reaction Score

Justin Moore is a 6-3 240lb DE from Texas Christian Academy in Addison Texas. He is currently committed to Rice University. Other offers from Air Force, ArkState, Columbia, Georgetown, Houston, LaTech, Louisiana-Monroe, Princeton, Texas Tech, Texas State and Tulane.

Highlights

Reaction Score
From the 25th...

Malik Dixon is a 6-2 177 lb DB/WR from Wekiva Senior High School in Apopka, Florida. Other offers from Bowling Green, Buffalo, Campbell University, Kent State, Eastern Illinois, Northern Illinois, South Dakota, Troy and Tulane.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Highlights

Just watched the highlight reel on Ford. I’m surprised he doesn’t have a ton of offers, the tape is mighty fine. Strong runner, good vision, acceleration and cut ability. He does not go down easy. Looks to have a maturity body for his age. He also has a few sacks playing the Trevardo Williams role on the defense.

He visited the gamecocks this past weekend.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its interesting that Tyrik Henderson who hails from the Chicago area and opted to do a post grad year at St Thomas Moore rather than follow through on a commitment to Minnesota has picked up interest from Syracuse and Rutty while we seemingly aren't involved. Hmmmm.

Last year Henderson reportedly had offers from Colorado St, Cincy, Temple, Syracuse, BC and many others.

As for his PG campaign, not sure he has any offers just yet - only interest.

Rutgers, Syracuse tracking Connecticut cornerback

Reaction Score
Its interesting that Tyrik Henderson who hails from the Chicago area and opted to do a post grad year at St Thomas Moore rather than follow through on a commitment to Minnesota has picked up interest from Syracuse and Rutty while we seemingly aren't involved. Hmmmm.
Harris , Crocker and Zyskowski have been following him for a while...

Jeff Jacobs: Moore takes St. Thomas More, his new powerhouse, to face 38-0 Choate
>>and cornerback Tyrik Henderson, from the Chicago area, looking at Syracuse and UConn, among others. <<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Harris , Crocker and Zyskowski have been following him for a while...

Jeff Jacobs: Moore takes St. Thomas More, his new powerhouse, to face 38-0 Choate
>>and cornerback Tyrik Henderson, from the Chicago area, looking at Syracuse and UConn, among others. <<

Yes, but we follow hundreds of dudes, way to many to mention in this thread as you know. Anyways, the staff and Henderson's teammates have been hinting that Henderson is hungry for an offer. Don't think he has received any since coming to STM this season. I dont know if he is worthy of an offer, but I find it interesting that if this kid sits around a bit this fall and lets say he ends up at Syracuse it could be an example of a missed opportunity.

Reaction Score
Yes, but we follow hundreds of dudes, way to many to mention in this thread as you know. Anyways, the staff and Henderson's teammates have been hinting that Henderson is hungry for an offer. Don't think he has received any since coming to STM this season. I dont know if he is worthy of an offer, but I find it interesting that if this kid sits around a bit this fall and lets say he ends up at Syracuse it could be an example of a missed opportunity.

There’s always the chance there is another Matakevich lurking in our backyard.

My point was there is some evidence that we are aware of him and there may be mutual interest at some level. STM seems to be a regular stop by staff and the staff has a decent relationship w/ Moore. No clue why he seems to have cooled off in programs mind's after high school.

I'm also of the belief to some respect that there are convo's/interest being back-channeled in hopes of keeping poachers away (e.g.: those cases where we no sooner offer someone and hours later they suddenly get a local area P5/G5 offer). It's much harder to do that now-a-days w/ social media and the consistent peer pressure on who has the most offers pending (as well as prep/h.s. coaches/trainers pumping up their programs).

Reaction Score
Crazy work hours has me all out of sorts this week... missed this one yesterday.

⚡️Myles Bell⚡️ on Twitter

Myles Bell is a 6-0 165lb DB from St. Thomas Aquinas in Ft Lauderdale Florida. Other offers from Akron, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi State, Nebraska, NIU, Ohio University, Penn State, Purdue, Syracuse, USF, VaTech and WVA.

Highlights

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom