2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 46 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Not only worrisome we're losing everybody we're after, but I'm getting worried some freshmen will start thinking about transferring.

hmmm

That's counterintuitive. Freshman are PLAYING for UConn in great numbers. Lots are starting. HS was a few months ago. You should think that the core of roster places NOT Freshman will think of transferring.

Reaction Score
hmmm

That's counterintuitive. Freshman are PLAYING for UConn in great numbers. Lots are starting. HS was a few months ago. You should think that the core of roster places NOT Freshman will think of transferring.

My focus was actually on Krajewski. I watched two of his games and he appears to be someone with game savvy and both arm strength and accuracy and if he has the proper support will be very good. But, right now he's watching how the offensive line, which was supposed to be much improved and is somewhat populated with "veterans", is struggling. I just don't want him to lose faith and start thinking "what have I gotten myself into?"

Edsall is obviously walking a fine line, and knows it, as he is carefully letting it be known things are more difficult in this go 'round than his first relative to recruiting and development.

Reaction Score
My focus was actually on Krajewski. I watched two of his games and he appears to be someone with game savvy and both arm strength and accuracy and if he has the proper support will be very good. But, right now he's watching how the offensive line, which was supposed to be much improved and is somewhat populated with "veterans", is struggling. I just don't want him to lose faith and start thinking "what have I gotten myself into?"

Edsall is obviously walking a fine line, and knows it, as he is carefully letting it be known things are more difficult in this go 'round than his first relative to recruiting and development.

I actually thought, after watching Boise plow over Troy, that their Defense was far superior to UCF. That game was frightening to see no holes, lots of nerves causing penalties and no production. Hopefully, a URI is a good feeling for the OLine this week.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I’ll save Tom the bandwidth and just say that this is a huge leap on your part.

Reaction Score

Nick Pendley is a 6-5 300lb OL from Creekview High School in Canton Georgia. Other offers from Air Force, Austin Peay, Colorado State, Georgia State, Mercer, SE Missouri State and USF.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Seems to me that he just wants out of CT:

As a youngster he did come to campus and show interest in the Diaco staff, however the new staff seems to have never given him a look. I think Crocker immediately decided he doesn't fit the 3 lineman technique and so that ended our interested. And while it seems we may never fully transition to the three man judged by what we have seen thus far, I'm not sure Burby delivers enough interior tenacity for FBS. Obviously other programs seems to disagree with me.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Big time DE from NYC commits to Miami. I think he visited us at one point last year.

Reaction Score
h/t to early bird @Exit 4.

Wyatt Hummel is a 6-6 295lb OL from Jesuit Dallas High School in Dallas Texas. Other offers from New Mexico State and Tulsa.

Highlights

Reaction Score

Interesting - Ife Adeyi is a 5-9 160lb WR/Athlete from Mansfield Legacy High School in Mansfield Texas. He is currently a Houston commit (9/16/18). Other offers from Georgetown, New Mexico, Southern Miss, Texas State and Tulane.

Highlights

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Some follow up - Jerrod Means picked up a Rutty and UNC offer over the past week and Kaiden Bennett picked up a Cincy offer earlier today. I thought it was interesting that Jerrod Means retweeted Kaiden's Cincy announcement. Jerrod has programs pulling him in all directions.

Reaction Score
Hey huskymedic - any kids on this list of juco prospects that we might be linked to other than Dillon Harris:

2019 Top Football Recruits

Would be nice to get a few more mature bodies to help out up front on both sides of the ball. To me, that needs to be our focus. We win a few more battles up front (& stop the TOs on the 1st drive of every game it seems) this team will really show a lot better. Need more speed on D on the edges, along with size. Our young pups will still be young next year so we can't just depend on them alone. Need more physically developed guys to be a part of the rotation. There's no other way. More freshmen (alone) shouldn't be our only option, nor should we wait til kids from bigger programs transfer after Spring camp. They typically end up elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey huskymedic - any kids on this list of juco prospects that we might be linked to other than Dillon Harris:

2019 Top Football Recruits

Would be nice to get a few more mature bodies to help out up front on both sides of the ball. To me, that needs to be our focus. We win a few more battles up front (& stop the TOs on the 1st drive of every game it seems) this team will really show a lot better. Need more speed on D on the edges, along with size. Our young pups will still be young next year so we can't just depend on them alone. Need more physically developed guys to be a part of the rotation. There's no other way. More freshmen (alone) shouldn't be our only option, nor should we wait til kids from bigger programs transfer after Spring camp. They typically end up elsewhere.

No names jump out @ me immediately... sometimes the best way for JUCO is cross reference Follows/Followers on Twitter to determine interest - then dig deeper.

Reaction Score
Brett Seither on Twitter
Brett Seither is a 6-5 230lb TE/WR from Clearwater Central Catholic in Clearwater Florida. Other offers from Akron, Campbell, Charlotte, Coastal Carolina, ECU, FAU, FIU, Georgia State, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas State, Maryland, Marshall, MTSU, ODU, Pitt, Purdue, Samford, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Temple, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, UCF, UMass, USF, WKU and WMU.

Highlights

Reaction Score
I really hope we can get into some solid positions with these guys. Im really worried about the product on the field really impacting our chances.

Reaction Score
Adam ElGammal 2019 Offensive Lineman from Chris the King in NY is on the right in top left pic.

Reaction Score
Adam ElGammal 2019 Offensive Lineman from Chris the King in NY is on the right in top left pic.

The CTK player on the left (ElGammal's right) is 2021 QB Noah Bodden.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom