2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 38 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Might be late to the game (probably am) but it is showing a prediction for Trent Holler to WVU. What's the inside scoop on getting him to commit?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Of the known offers I think we still have a reasonable shot at landing the following dudes based in part by how we stack up against their other offers:
  1. Isaiah Bagnah (DE/TE) - Lethbridge Collegiate Institute, Lethbridge Alberta Canada
  2. Kelly Joiner (APB) - South Lake High School, Groveland Florida
  3. Matt Goncalves (OL/TE/DL) - Eastport South Manor High School, NY
  4. DJ Green (CB/RB/ATH) - Wharton High School, Tampa Florida
  5. Jaquan Allen (DB/WR) - East Hartford High School, East Hartford CT
  6. Jeremiah Fails (Athlete/SB/DB) - Ocoee High School, Ocoee Florida
  7. Cameron Ross (WR) - St. John’s College High School, Washington DC

I also think the staff might have aspirations to flip one of the two Murphy twins that committed to North Texas. Sure they would love to flip many kids, but flipping one of those two looks like it would have higher odds of success.

On the QB front - still think the staff likes the mystery kid up in Montreal: Jack Zergiotis (@JackZergiotis1) | Twitter

Hopefully we see some good names coming in for our last camp and a couple commits from the visit.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tyler DeVera back on the block. He committed to Rutty approx 3 weeks ahead of the surprise release of his older brother Brendan DeVera.

Reaction Score
he mentions half a dozen schools, none of which are UConn. The silence on the recruiting trail is disappointing.

UConn hasn’t pursued him as far as I have seen despite showing interest in his brother in the 2017 cycle. I’ll be stunned if he ends up @ Michigan State.

Reaction Score
Of the known offers I think we still have a reasonable shot at landing the following dudes based in part by how we stack up against their other offers:
  1. Isaiah Bagnah (DE/TE) - Lethbridge Collegiate Institute, Lethbridge Alberta Canada
  2. Kelly Joiner (APB) - South Lake High School, Groveland Florida
  3. Matt Goncalves (OL/TE/DL) - Eastport South Manor High School, NY
  4. DJ Green (CB/RB/ATH) - Wharton High School, Tampa Florida
  5. Jaquan Allen (DB/WR) - East Hartford High School, East Hartford CT
  6. Jeremiah Fails (Athlete/SB/DB) - Ocoee High School, Ocoee Florida
  7. Cameron Ross (WR) - St. John’s College High School, Washington DC

I also think the staff might have aspirations to flip one of the two Murphy twins that committed to North Texas. Sure they would love to flip many kids, but flipping one of those two looks like it would have higher odds of success.

On the QB front - still think the staff likes the mystery kid up in Montreal: Jack Zergiotis (@JackZergiotis1) | Twitter

Hopefully we see some good names coming in for our last camp and a couple commits from the visit.
Zergiotis seems to be top priority for this recruiting cycle at the QB position for us right now. If Twitter is an indication. He sure is showing love to our coaching staff

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Zergiotis seems to be top priority for this recruiting cycle at the QB position for us right now. If Twitter is an indication. He sure is showing love to our coaching staff

I like the young man's tape but he needs serious work on the mechanics of his throwing motion. He's obviously got a great arm but that sling shot delivery with the ball held at his waste during windup will not work at the next level. Still would love to have him! That stuff is teachable. Arm strength not so much.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Looks like Corey started following Tyler DeVera this evening.

Reaction Score
Zachary Franks on Twitter
Blessed to have received an offer from the University of Connecticut!! #GoHuskies

Zachary Franks is a 6-6 280lb OL from Gilman School in Baltimore Maryland. Other offers from Arizona, Baylor, Brown, Cal, Duke, Indiana, Kentucky, Liberty, Louisville, Maryland, Morgan State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Penn, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Texas State, UCF, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Washington State, Yale and BC.

Highlights

FWIW: Zach is originally from CT and his dad (David - 1989) played OG for UConn and was drafted by Seahawks)

Reaction Score
How are we this late on a kid like this (CT native, legacy, offers suggesting a student-athlete, P5 offers suggest he's not just someone who looks good getting off the bus)? I am perplexed by the approach and slow start (Temple has 20 already) this year. Are we putting too much emphasis on insisting kids come to camp?

Reaction Score
How are we this late on a kid like this (CT native, legacy, offers suggesting a student-athlete, P5 offers suggest he's not just someone who looks good getting off the bus)? I am perplexed by the approach and slow start (Temple has 20 already) this year. Are we putting too much emphasis on insisting kids come to camp?

I saw nothing about him last year despite RE having a relationship w/ Gilman. Visited in April/Offered in May.

For perspective:

At this point in 2017 - UConn had offered 144 players and had 7 commits (1 later decommitted of the 7). 73 players committed to other schools and 64 offers we’re still outstanding. In 2017 there were 6 camps in June and 2 in July w/ 7/15 being the last camp date).

At this point in 2018 - UConn has offered 83 players and have 5 commits (had 6 but 1 decommitted). 42 players committed to other schools (only 3 were to non P5 schools - 2 Dallas brothers to North Texas and Miami kid to UCF). 36 known offers are still outstanding. In 2018 there were 4 camps in June and only 1 in July (this coming Saturday).

With less spots open this year - big drop-off in offers YOY.

Reaction Score
I saw nothing about him last year despite RE having a relationship w/ Gilman. Visited in April/Offered in May.

For perspective:

At this point in 2017 - UConn had offered 144 players and had 7 commits (1 later decommitted of the 7). 73 players committed to other schools and 64 offers we’re still outstanding. In 2017 there were 6 camps in June and 2 in July w/ 7/15 being the last camp date).

At this point in 2018 - UConn has offered 83 players and have 5 commits (had 6 but 1 decommitted). 42 players committed to other schools (only 3 were to non P5 schools - 2 Dallas brothers to North Texas and Miami kid to UCF). 36 known offers are still outstanding. In 2018 there were 4 camps in June and only 1 in July (this coming Saturday).

With less spots open this year - big drop-off in offers YOY.

So we have made 1/2 the offers and have ~30% less commits a year after putting the staff and recruiting program in full force? I am also not convinced we will have sig less offers to make - yes, we have a small senior class, but we have to expect continued attrition (graduation/transfers) as well. I am sorry, but we know commitments are being made sooner each year as kids react to the truncated schedule. Moreover, this staff has had a full year, plus, in the chair, to identify and actively recruit kids for this class. I am sure we will fill the class, and find a few diamonds in the rough, but IMO this has been a disappointing off-season to date, recruiting-wise.

Reaction Score
TOS has a story up that Kelly Joiner is set to visit UConn on 7/28 and he seems genuinely excited about our program. Nice looking player with some speed.... could be a slot receiver (per the story some schools are recruiting him as a WR) or RB.

Welp... guess the pressure was on.

Reaction Score
RedRaiderSports.com - Smith on the radar for Texas Tech

Don't have a rivals account, but looks like there's an article on DJ Smith and TTU. Just by the headline, it sounds like perhaps he's a back up plan for them and they're waiting to see how the chips fall before making an offer

Yup...

>>The program currently has eight total offers out to 2019 backs, with two of the targets current committed elsewhere and only three or four of the prospects really still in the mix for the Red Raiders.

The Texas Tech coaches took two running backs in the 2018 class, one more traditional back in SaRodorick Thompsonand one all-purpose back in Ta'Zhawn Henry. There could be a similar approach in the 2019 class, with the coaches looking to take two backs.<<

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Yup...

>>The program currently has eight total offers out to 2019 backs, with two of the targets current committed elsewhere and only three or four of the prospects really still in the mix for the Red Raiders.

The Texas Tech coaches took two running backs in the 2018 class, one more traditional back in SaRodorick Thompsonand one all-purpose back in Ta'Zhawn Henry. There could be a similar approach in the 2019 class, with the coaches looking to take two backs.<<

I guess that’s good news for us. He hasn’t amassed the offers many assumed he would, and looks like he’s sort of counting on TTU. If he holds out on them until late, I’d bet Nebraska and TCU won’t have open slots. Maybe he ends up back with us if TTU doesn’t offer

Reaction Score
I guess that’s good news for us. He hasn’t amassed the offers many assumed he would, and looks like he’s sort of counting on TTU. If he holds out on them until late, I’d bet Nebraska and TCU won’t have open slots. Maybe he ends up back with us if TTU doesn’t offer

I'd be interested HCRE 2.0's view on guys taking visits after committing or de-committing. HCRE 1.0 had a pretty clear view on the matter.

Reaction Score

I wouldn’t count on it...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'd be interested HCRE 2.0's view on guys taking visits after committing or de-committing. HCRE 1.0 had a pretty clear view on the matter.

If we want to be successful, we’ll accept talented commits regardless of whether they initially backed ouT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom