2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 39 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Just based on personal opinion? History of RE?

Despite how he’s posturing it appears he (and possibly UConn) have moved on:

>>Timeline: The 5-foot-10, 190-pound back mentioned his current Top 7 respesents teams that have already offered, but that a new offer could shake things up. With his recent decommitment from UConn, Smith mentioned there is no rush to make another decision. He does not have a timeline in place for his commitment, but did mention that a few programs want him to officially visit in December and that he does not want to wait that long to decide.<<

Usual disclaimer that anything is possible in recruiting 18/19 y/o’s but IMO I wouldn’t count on him being in Storrs.

Reaction Score
If we want to be successful, we’ll accept talented commits regardless of whether they initially backed ouT

I’m not sure that’s the view of the boss. If that were the case, we’d be dumpster diving for talented kids released by programs for disciplinary reasons

Reaction Score

>>Timeline: The 5-foot-10, 190-pound back mentioned his current Top 7 respesents teams that have already offered, but that a new offer could shake things up. With his recent decommitment from UConn, Smith mentioned there is no rush to make another decision. He does not have a timeline in place for his commitment, but did mention that a few programs want him to officially visit in December and that he does not want to wait that long to decide.<<

Usual disclaimer that anything is possible in recruiting 18/19 y/o’s but IMO I wouldn’t count on him being in Storrs.

If they want him to visit in December that should tell him he's their fallback guy. Otherwise, why would they wait and chance losing him to another school?

Reaction Score
If they want him to visit in December that should tell him he's their fallback guy. Otherwise, why would they wait and chance losing him to another school?

I didn’t say he wasn’t a fallback for Texas Tech?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It could be that TT sees a kid with commitment issues and so they will invest time with him with the distance to the goal line is short. I think DJ will have many suitors sometime this fall. Programs just might be reluctant to invest a lot of time early in the process for a guy with a wandering eye.

Reaction Score

Skylar Loving-Black is a 6-4 220lb TE from Valley Christian High School in San Jose CA. Other offers from Arizona State, Brown, Colorado, Columbia, Dartmouth, Fresno State, Howard, Nevada, New Mexico. Oregon State, San Diego State, San Jose State, UNLV, Utah State, Wyoming and Yale (yeah, one missing).

Highlights

Reaction Score
It could be that TT sees a kid with commitment issues and so they will invest time with him with the distance to the goal line is short. I think DJ will have many suitors sometime this fall. Programs just might be reluctant to invest a lot of time early in the process for a guy with a wandering eye.

Good points.

Reaction Score
I didn’t say he wasn’t a fallback for Texas Tech?

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like I was referring to what you said. Only reiterating what I've said before about how these kids often get duped.
Duke and Virginia with their Jaiden Delaire interactions, for example, where they say things like "we haven't had time to review blah, blah, blah and we'll be in touch later this Fall". While they wait to see if their higher rated choice commits, the kid waits on the sideline.

Reaction Score
tumblr_ogs5bcHWUc1udh5n8o1_500.gif

Reaction Score

Memphis in his “Top 7” list:

Reaction Score

Zay Scott is a 2019 WR from Bishop McDevitt in PA

Tyrone Fowler is a 2020 DE/OLB from Bishop McDevitt in PA

Reaction Score

Xavier Gonsalves is a 6-3 240lb LB/DE from Mashpee High School in Mashpee MA (up on the Cape). Back campus for at least his third visit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom