2019 Recruiting Thread | Page 57 | The Boneyard

2019 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Well we know he isn't making himself seen at the Catholic HS in south Jersey. He's a ghost at schools like St. John Vianny and Red Bank Catholic among others down there. For a guy who's defense gives up 50+ points per game working for a HC that constantly states he needs better players those are 2 schools I'd DEFINITELY make myself well known at!

Yup...

... the flip side is there is no sense chasing kids you don’t have a snowballs chance in hell landing. Kinda like chasing Lou Marinelli’s high end kids. If they have marquee programs offers - spend your time elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Yup...

... the flip side is there is no sense chasing kids you don’t have a snowballs chance in hell landing. Kinda like chasing Lou Marinelli’s high end kids. If they have marquee programs offers - spend your time elsewhere.
At least extend the offer...and you never know if kids are interested or not unless you visit them and ask. Right now this guy looks like a disaster both on the field and as a recruiter.....Being a nice guy seems to be his ONLY good quality.

Reaction Score

Logan Wilson is a 5-11 165lb DB from Bishop Dunne High School in Dallas. Previously an Arizona commit. Other offers from ArkState, Colorado State, Howard, Incarnate World, Iowa, Navy, New Mexico, South Alabama, Toledo, ULL, ULM, UTEP, UTSA and WKU

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Eric Watts is a 6-6 220lb OLB/DE from Sumter High School in Sumter South Carolina. Other offers from North Greenville University and South Carolina State University.

Highlights

Looks like he could play OLB/DE hybrid with a bit of a pass rush focus. Pretty quick off the snap, somewhat violent tackler. Appears to have some natural strength given his lean frame and weight. Good pad level given his 6'6'' height.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Logan Wilson is a 5-11 165lb from Bishop Dunne High School in Dallas. Previously an Arizona commit. Other offers from ArkState, Colorado State, Howard, Incarnate World, Iowa, Navy, New Mexico, South Alabama, Toledo, ULL, ULM, UTEP, UTSA and WKU

Kid has an extra gear, that is clear in the tape. Plays with some moxie. Gives a big cushion, but has great closing speed to make up for it. Looks like a step up over what we have been recruiting for DB. Has given our coaching staff some good follow back action on twitter, maybe we have a shot here.

Reaction Score
Looks like he could play OLB/DE hybrid with a bit of a pass rush focus. Pretty quick off the snap, somewhat violent tackler. Appears to have some natural strength given his lean frame and weight. Good pad level given his 6'6'' height.

Take a look at the size of the roster. Looks like a college team on the sideline.
Looks like Trevardo incarnate with his speed and seems to have good instincts or football IQ with the angles he takes. Teach him a spin move and he'd have six sacks a game.
I wonder about the offers he has so far though. Are the bigger schools staying away for some reason?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Take a look at the size of the roster. Looks like a college team on the sideline.
Looks like Trevardo incarnate with his speed and seems to have good instincts or football IQ with the angles he takes. Teach him a spin move and he'd have six sacks a game.
I wonder about the offers he has so far though. Are the bigger schools staying away for some reason?

Well Trevardo was much shorter if I recall correctly. But yes, this guy looks disruptive so I can see your attempt to parallel.

As to the size of the players - yes broadly speaking looking around the country it seems the kids in the northeast are smaller. Just fewer big bodies and bruisers and explosive players. Of course we have kids that can play up here, but there are fewer it just seems the avg body weight on the field up our way is 30lbs less at the LOS which is significant.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I see it...

Nate White is a 6-4 230lb DE/LB/TE from Edgewater High School in Orlando Florida. Other offers from Akron, Colorado State, FAU, FIU, Georgia State, Kent State, Liberty, Mercer, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi Valley State, Northern Illinois, Southern Illinois, Southern Miss, South Alabama, Syracuse, Toledo, Troy, UAB, USF and Western Kentucky

Highlights

Interesting back story on this kid: Edgewater senior Nate White overcomes homeless stretch, thrives in Orlando (just wonder what the odds of getting him up this far away from family would be)

Reaction Score
Things are getting interesting - this speedster is a UH commit.

247 link - Ife Adeyi, Mansfield Legacy, Wide Receiver

HUDL link - Senior Yr.

Claims 4.40 40 speed and 10.6 100 meter speed. Looks it on tape.

We offered him 4 days after he committed to Houston back in mid-September. Nice job by staff to still get him on campus for a campus/facility comparison.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Well - down goes the Ife Adeyi visit posts. I suppose UH gave him a call. He was genuinely smiling in the pics, so we got that going for us which is nice.

He also gave out some likes for the retweets.

I think what he really needs to do is delete his UH posts and put ours back up!

Reaction Score
Well Trevardo was much shorter if I recall correctly. But yes, this guy looks disruptive so I can see your attempt to parallel.

As to the size of the players - yes broadly speaking looking around the country it seems the kids in the northeast are smaller. Just fewer big bodies and bruisers and explosive players. Of course we have kids that can play up here, but there are fewer it just seems the avg body weight on the field up our way is 30lbs less at the LOS which is significant.

I did a poor job with my comment about roster size. What I meant was not the physical size of the players but the number of players on the roster. Maybe 50 or more on his team? I don't go to high school games so maybe that's normal but it looked like a lot more players than I'd expect on a high school team.

Any thoughts on why his only two offers are from schools way outside the mainstream of football powers?
Qualifying questions?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Any thoughts on why his only two offers are from schools way outside the mainstream of football powers?
Qualifying questions?

No idea. Last year I started poking around Tennessee HS football and it seemed loaded with low three star kids with few offers. There is just more talent down there.

Reaction Score

(That’s twice this cycle w/ UConn University and based on other offers - needs a bit more research but same high school as DB DJ Green)

Jalen Whittaker is a 6-1 165lb DB from Wharton High School in Tampa Florida.

Highlights

Reaction Score

(That’s twice this cycle w/ UConn University and based on other offers - needs a bit more research but same high school as DB DJ Green)

Jalen Whittaker is a 6-1 165lb DB from Wharton High School in Tampa Florida.

Highlights

Guess who deleted his UConn offer tweet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom